PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my pioneer F90BT Ipod hookup

boarderfatty
12-31-2010, 02:46 AM
I have an AVIC F90BT dual din DVD deck in my car. I also have the USB out for my Ipod. When I connect my ipod, my ipod shows as being connected with the pioneer screen saver, and I am able to select it from the deck in the AV source menu and play songs, but I get no sound. All my ipod info and songs are available and play just no sound. I am able to get sound when from the AM, FM and SD card source, just not the Ipod. I also tested my ipod with headphones and an ipod docking station and still receive sound. My Ipod has worked fine with this deck for about a year, and just started acting up today, I figure it is something to do with the settings, but I cant seem to source the problem or solution.

Thanks

Jordan

revelations
12-31-2010, 08:17 AM
Could be the A/V cable to the Ipod connector on the back of the deck came loose.

(I know because I just installed an A/V cable with an Ipod-type interface to a F700BT - it also has no sound without it.)

boarderfatty
12-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks, I figured it out. I put in a new battery a couple days ago and I guess it resets everything. I just had to go to the settings and change AV1 input onto Ipod again

revelations
12-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Wierd.... my lower-end deck detects mine automatically.

Check avic411 as well if youre interested in hacking the OS of the unit.

boarderfatty
12-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Ya it automatically recognizes it and will play songs, just no sound. removing the battery reset one of the settings that I just had to turn back on.