PDA

View Full Version : Calgary rings in new year with a murder

rob the knob
01-01-2011, 09:12 AM
what club or resto do you think this happened at?

bad events always happen on new year in calgary it looks like no?

Calgary rings in new year with a murder

CALGARY HERALD JANUARY 1, 2011 7:51 AM BE THE FIRST TO POST A COMMENT

Police are looking into what they believe to be the year's first murder.

Just after 1 a.m. this morning, Calgary Police Service was called to the area of 3 Street and 4 Avenue S.W. in response to gunshots called in by several people.

When they arrived, police found two men suffering from gunshot wounds.

Both men were taken to hospital, where one died of his injuries. The second man is listed in serious, but stable condition.

At the scene, police chased down suspects on foot. They were taken into custoday and are being questioned by police.

The Homicide Unit is continuing the investigation.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or text to 274637.

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Calgary+rings+year+with+murder/4047752/story.html#ixzz19nSZx1jU

SJW
01-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Well at least they caught em. Now they can do their one year in jail and think about what they've done.

sr20s14zenki
01-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by SJW
Well at least they caught em. Now they can do their one year in jail and think about what they've done.

Dont forget bed without dessert.

Canucks3322
01-01-2011, 11:50 AM
My and my gf were just coming home along the riverfront when the cop cars sped by and were blocking off roads.....let's all just hope the dead weren't innocent bystanders.

Good reminder that if you're driving downtown at night, make sure you can hear sirens coming cuz these cop cars were blowing thru intersections and around blind corners!!!

Fucking loser drug dealers and gangbangers. This is the first New Year's we did not go out to the bar in 12 years!!

colinxx235
01-01-2011, 12:00 PM
wow... I knew a huge group of ummm less than friendly people who all went to spur last night. I'm curious if/what info I will hear today, sounds like I was smart to not go with them when offered a ticket.

rob the knob
01-01-2011, 12:13 PM
i went downtown this morning. it looked like it was near the strip club. also seem like a tour bus was stuck in the crime scene taped off region.