PDA

View Full Version : Basement Contractor Refferal

Honda EXR
01-01-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm developing my basement (just 400 sq ft) and I'm looking at a contractor to come in and do it since I need it done by Feb 15. Does anyone know good, honest contractors or ones I should stay away from?

Thanks for the input.

bigbadboss101
01-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Anyone have contacts?

EXR -> Did you find someone. For 400 sq ft what kind of prices/quotes are you getting? Say our basement is un- framed and you want to put in a living room and bedroom. I hear the plumbing (getting things ready for a bathroom) is the pricey part.

garnet
01-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Anyone have contacts?

EXR -> Did you find someone. For 400 sq ft what kind of prices/quotes are you getting? Say our basement is un- framed and you want to put in a living room and bedroom. I hear the plumbing (getting things ready for a bathroom) is the pricey part.

rough in for plumbing shouldn't be unreasonable,

typically you will have the 'basics' (meaning floor drain) in place, as is the practise at time of construction
if for some reason you didn't have in-floor drain tie-in already, that's when breaking open the concrete and more extensive plumbing work gets involved......i can count on one hand the times we've ever had to go through that (thank God LOL)