PDA

View Full Version : Even the US does not want US dollars.

ZenOps
01-01-2011, 01:32 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/30/georgia-bill-gold-and-silver_n_802618.html

Legislation: HB 430

"Bobby Franklin, a Republican state legislator from Georgia, has introduced a new piece of legislation that, if passed, would force Georgians to pay their taxes in gold and silver coins."

The end is ... just over there *points at Rob Anders*

M.alex
01-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Lame thread title & thread - you may as well find a news articles about an American who rapes a 2yr old and say 'All Americans rape babies'. :thumbsdow

ZenOps
01-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Uh huh...

I'm waiting for Rob Anders to force all students to pay back their student loans in copper pennies or loaves of bread. I can see students working in a copper mine to collect and refine a million pennies worth of copper, lol. I'm not cruel, steel pennies would take too many lifetimes.

The US is pretty much screwed, I'm more interested in Canada.

Abolishing the penny, and moving toward plastic dollars because cotton is too expensive (which it is) Personally - I think we should have moved a $100 to stamp size and take the pain.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/775427--canadian-currency-to-go-plastic-next-year?bn=1

BTW: I finally found the laws on melting coinage in Canada.

http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/stat/rsc-1985-c-c-52/latest/rsc-1985-c-c-52.html

"is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding two hundred and fifty dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding twelve months or to both" LOL, ROFL. Back when $250 was actually comparable to a years worth of hard time.

"Worthless paper dollars"

M.alex
01-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Uh huh...

The article even says the guy is a known nutbar.

So yea, let's post about a nut job and then say 'OMG!! ALL AMERICANS HATE THEIR CURRENCY!!!!!!!' :nut:

Cos
01-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

!! ALL AMERICANS HATE THEIR CURRENCY!!!!!!!

Did you hear guys! That is two people! Americans must hate their currency.

adam c
01-03-2011, 12:40 PM

The article even says the guy is a known nutbar.

So yea, let's post about a nut job and then say 'OMG!! ALL AMERICANS HATE THEIR CURRENCY!!!!!!!' :nut:

http://www.yukon-news.com/news_images/2010/november/19/ARTSelvis.jpg

nich148_9
01-03-2011, 12:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/W9O0G.jpg

M.alex
01-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Did you hear guys! That is two people! Americans must hate their currency.

NO WAI :eek: :eek:

ZenOps
01-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh, they don't mind US dollars as long as they are US silver and gold coins.

Its the US paper and electronic dollars that are completely worthless.

Just like the 2011 Canadian loonies and toonies, which will be made of steel - and the aforementioned plastic dollars.

Cotton prices are rising *fast* - I'd expect a nice sweater to hit $50 to $100 pretty soon. Denim jeans near the $1,000 mark? Maybe sooner than anyone thinks.

I blame the moon landing.

nich148_9
01-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Oh, they don't mind US dollars as long as they are US silver and gold coins.

Its the US paper and electronic dollars that are completely worthless.

Just like the 2011 Canadian loonies and toonies, which will be made of steel - and the aforementioned plastic dollars.

Cotton prices are rising *fast* - I'd expect a nice sweater to hit $50 to $100 pretty soon. Denim jeans near the $1,000 mark? Maybe sooner than anyone thinks.

I blame the moon landing.

I want some of whatever you're smoking.

Cos
01-03-2011, 03:32 PM

NO WAI :eek: :eek:
Did you miss the joke? Quote a nut job?

Team_Mclaren
01-03-2011, 03:45 PM
non-sense

ZenOps
01-03-2011, 04:23 PM
http://www.mint.ca/store/news/federal-budget-announces-change-in-composition-of-onedollar-and-twodollar-coins-8200004?cat=News+releases&nId=700002&parentnId=600004&nodeGroup=About+the+Mint

Dun dun duhhhh....

The steel metal value of a 2011 toonie - will be less than the copper value of a 1996 penny.

Mayan calendar ends in 2012 right? Might as well pull a fast one on the public and have an orgy with the real money before it all gets flushed down the toilet.

Dun dun duhhhh...

Zephyr
01-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders Rob Anders

Wat.

ZenOps
01-03-2011, 05:30 PM
No you misread me, I said Rob Anders is a Wooden Nickel. Didn't you hear me?

Luke I am your grandfather, and the one piece of advice I can give to you young Jedi is... Don't accept any steel toonies.

Didn't they have people trying to pass off wooden nickels for loaves of bread back before people started starving in the '30s?

sputnik
01-04-2011, 08:18 AM
In other news...

All members of Beyond are obsessed with Rob Anders, hoarding gold and UFOs.

ZenOps
01-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Golds down $40 an ounce today so far.

OMG World peace! Middle eastern and Korean friendship. Cats loving dogs.

Might it be time for Gold to finally take a breather? Long long overdue to come back to normal.

Edit: I'll be damned. Got skunked on nickels today - All steel, not even a single copper/nickel mix. Pennies are still only about 150 steel per 1000, although there are a lot of zincs.

Mar
01-04-2011, 01:49 PM
They damn sure don't want Canadian currency, when the dollar was at par I tried to give a cashier at Burger King 80 cents and he said, "Uh, this quarter is Canadian."