PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Taxi Service in Moscow?

Toma
01-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Maybe....

http://english.pravda.ru/russia/economics/29-12-2010/116381-air_taxi-0/

J-hop
01-04-2011, 03:15 AM
interesting, they say however that it would be 150$ for every 10 mins, this seems very low as I know when I was in the field a couple years ago we had a chopper flying us to different locations and it was on the order of a few thousand per hour to run the chopper (this was on top of the transportation fees to get the fuel and chopper out to the field).

I can't remember what it costs to run the hawks helicopter but I thought it was in the range of 1500 per hour (don't quote me)

So I don't know how companies would make money, let alone break even when you consider how many passengers they would have at one time, the travel time before and after dropping customers off, the added maintenance from running the choppers so much, and the amount of administrative manpower it would entail to file flight plans etc etc.

Feruk
01-04-2011, 04:36 PM
This is Russia. The nation that had 250+ drownings last year due to people getting totally wasted and passing out in the rivers only to get carried off. The nation with one of the lowest life expectancy for men in the developed world.

Maintainance? Who needs that? Trained pilot? "In Mother Russia, chopper fly pilot."

J-hop
01-04-2011, 06:05 PM
good point haha, maybe for a 50% discount you could fly the chopper while the pilot takes a nap