PDA

View Full Version : African Slavery still exists.. read this.

Graham_A_M
01-01-2011, 11:17 PM
http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/crimes/22-12-2010/116313-slavery-0/

So interesting how we turn a blind eye to such appalling things, because they dont affect us, or aren't happening next door. Alas that can be said about a vast number of things & situations, this is merely one small example.

derpderp
01-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Yep, slavery is still a problem around the world and nobody can be immune from the wankers who use it. Even westerners have wound up in slavery situations.

Its a pretty hard situation to combat I bet though.

Chester
01-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by derpderp
Yep, slavery is still a problem around the world and nobody can be immune from the wankers who use it. Even westerners have wound up in slavery situations.

Its a pretty hard situation to combat I bet though.

:werd:
Many people are oblivious as to whats going on in African countries.

Muji
01-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Follow the money, follow the money...

Canada is right in there as well:

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/sexslaves.html

http://www.gvnet.com/humantrafficking/Canada.htm

And even here in CowTown:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2009/12/04/12035046-sun.html

I consider the vast majority of nannies in Canada to be close to slaves as well. Learn of their earnings, hours worked, etc.

GTI CANADIAN
01-02-2011, 11:38 AM
I found this comment very thought invoking:

30 MILLIONS SLAVES IS A GROSS UNDERESTIMATE.
MOST SLAVES DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT THEY ARE SLAVES. TAKE FOR INSTANCE THE WORKERS IN CAPITALIST COUNTRIES. THEY ARE ALL SLAVES. WE ARE ALL SLAVES.
MODERN DAY SLAVERY CAN BE A VERY SOPHISTICATED OPERATION.
THE SLAVE OWNER WANTS TO LOOK LIKE A LEGITE BUSINESS. SO THE MASTER ARRANGES FOR THE SLAVE TO HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT, A DRIVERS LICENSE AN APARTMENT OE EVEN A HOUSE. HE WANTS THE SLAVE TO SMELL GOOD, LOOK GOOD, BE HEALTHY ETC ETC.
THE RATIONALE IS VERY SIMPLE: THE MASTER DOES NOT WANT TO LOOK AT UGLY THINGS, OR BE AROUND UNHEALTHY COMPANY, ETC ETC AND FOR SURE THE MASTER DOES NOT WANT A SITUATION IN WHICH THE SLAVE MAY WANT TO REVOLT. SO, HE GIVES THE SLAVE SOME TIME OFF, SOME FEEL GOOD DRUGS, A TRIP HERE AND THERE, SO THE SLAVE MAY RECRUIT OTHER SLVES. ETC ETC ETC, THE MASTER MAY EVEN OFFER AN INCENTIVE FOR THE SLAVE HIM SELF, OR HERSELF TO ALSO BECOME A MASTER.
ANYWAY,
WELCOME TO AMERICA

Muji
01-02-2011, 11:41 AM
All caps? Stop the madness! This capitalist slave line is bunk, you can leave/quit, go wonder the earth anytime you like, it is not Hotel California.

Super_Geo
01-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by GTI CANADIAN

MOST SLAVES DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT THEY ARE SLAVES. TAKE FOR INSTANCE THE WORKERS IN CAPITALIST COUNTRIES. THEY ARE ALL SLAVES. WE ARE ALL SLAVES.
THE SLAVE OWNER WANTS TO LOOK LIKE A LEGITE BUSINESS. SO THE MASTER ARRANGES FOR THE SLAVE TO HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT, A DRIVERS LICENSE AN APARTMENT OE EVEN A HOUSE. HE WANTS THE SLAVE TO SMELL GOOD, LOOK GOOD, BE HEALTHY ETC ETC.
THE RATIONALE IS VERY SIMPLE: THE MASTER DOES NOT WANT TO LOOK AT UGLY THINGS, OR BE AROUND UNHEALTHY COMPANY, ETC ETC AND FOR SURE THE MASTER DOES NOT WANT A SITUATION IN WHICH THE SLAVE MAY WANT TO REVOLT. SO, HE GIVES THE SLAVE SOME TIME OFF, SOME FEEL GOOD DRUGS, A TRIP HERE AND THERE, SO THE SLAVE MAY RECRUIT OTHER SLVES. ETC ETC ETC, THE MASTER MAY EVEN OFFER AN INCENTIVE FOR THE SLAVE HIM SELF, OR HERSELF TO ALSO BECOME A MASTER.
ANYWAY,
WELCOME TO AMERICA

Dumbest. Shit. Ever.

desi112
01-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by GTI CANADIAN

ANYWAY,
WELCOME TO AMERICA

:rofl:

But a true thought would be: is minimum wage cheaper then owning a slave?

ZenOps
01-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Somewhere out there Rob Anders is secretly planning on bringing back Apartheid.

But its not like slavery does not exist everywhere. Its just that white slaves tended to not do as much heavy lifting slavery.

Future King Charles has 143 servants. The soon to be wed Prince, wants and has none. In this modern day and age - I don't know that you'd want *human* slaves anymore, they are too unpredictable. Give me a server room anyday and automate takeover of the world on computers... That and a remote control where I can teleport a beer into my hand, some Ginger fried shredded beef, and a lapdancer.

Slavery is outdated a bit, it needs to be updated for the 21'st century.

"And for a time, it was good" The Second Renaissance - Animatrix