PDA

View Full Version : Tailbone/coccyx pillow

Dooms_Bane
01-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Trying to find a place to pick up a tailbone pillow either one with a cut out at the back or just a nice quality one that will kinda ease the pain. If anyone has any recommendations or a suggestion on which one to pick up and where i'd be very greatful!

carzcraz
01-02-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm assuming you have coccydynia or (hopefully not) a fractured tailbone.

When this happened to one of our field employees, our physicians recommended picking up a donut cushion that will help remove pressure/pain. They did not recommend a specific type as different shaped ones may work better for different people depending on the degree and location of the injury.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Deluxe-Comfort-Donut-Pillow/15399145

Places like Wal-mart should carry them and if not, I'd check out medical supply stores like Kenron Pharmacy (in the FMC professional building, across from FMC). There are a bunch of other medical supply stores in Calgary, just google up "medical supply store calgary" and you should come across a number of them.

Dooms_Bane
01-02-2011, 03:56 PM
i just slipped and fell down on cement pretty hard on my tail bone and now it's been hurting A LOT in the past 2 months.. can't sit on anything hard for more than 20 minutes
i shall try that one out! thanks sir

89s1
01-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Have you seen a doctor? You might have a more serious injury than you think such as a chipped or fractured bone.