PDA

View Full Version : Mazda 6 TCS/Electrical Problem

cornelius85
01-03-2011, 10:31 AM
I changed the LCD in my Mazda 6 over the holidays. Everything seemed fine after I changed it, but I was more paying attention to the actual LCD than anything else. The day after when I drove it the traction control was turned off and couldn't be turned back on. The slip illumination was also on. The traction control button is on the left of the steering wheel, where I was working on the LCD in the centre console. Could I have somehow disconnected something, or something was pulled out when putting the centre console back together? Anyone have any ideas? I think it may be a freak coincidence but I have no idea. The battery positive terminal was a bit corroded, and I thought that might also have something to do with it, but I cleaned it up, and that didn't seem to make a difference.

Cos
01-03-2011, 10:36 AM
When you say LCD what do you mean? Head unit? Temp display? Etc.

I know I put in a stereo in my Lancer and the airbag light was the center hub for seatbelt control, airbag control, etc. So if you disconnected something you probably should have connected it back up. No way for us to know that. Or if the replacement unit you got is not compatible then you could have problems.

cornelius85
01-03-2011, 10:59 AM
On the mazda 6 the LCD is for the heat in the car and the radio display. It was from the same car so it was compatible. There was nothing I didn't plug in that I had unplugged from the old one. The on/off switch is also on the opposite side of the steering wheel and aside from the hazard lights there isn't anything that I would think could have affected the traction control. I am dropping the car off at a garage this afternoon to have it looked at, but thought I would see if anyone knew on here first. Just annoying as I replaced the LCD myself which was easy but now having other problems.