PDA

View Full Version : Sunbird driver run off road east of Lake Louise, cops blame booze, road rage

Markham
01-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Another crazy driver story...seems to be plenty of them these days!

http://www.calgarybeacon.com/2011/01/sunbird-driver-run-off-road-east-of-lake-louise-cops-blame-booze-road-rage/

Markham

TorqueDog
01-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Sunbird driver run off road east of Lake Louise, cops blame booze, road rage
Posted on 04 January 2011 by Calgary Beacon.

A pick up truck rammed a car and forced it off the road Monday night on the Trans Canada Highway between Banff and Lake Louise in what police believe was a road rage incident fuelled by alcohol.

Around 10 p.m., Lake Louise RCMP received a called from a driver who was being followed by very closely by a black Toyota truck that swerving all over the road. The man called 911 when the truck attempted to ram his vehicle.

About five kms. east of Lake Louise the Toyota truck ran into the back of the caller’s white Pontiac Sunbird, causing both vehicles to lose control and hit the center concrete median. The Toyota truck came to a stop on top of the Sunbird. The Toyota driver fled the scene, jumping down a 20 foot embankment.

RCMP arrived on scene and the driver of the black truck surrendered to police before RCMP and Parks Canada K9 units arrived. Lake Louise Fire and EMS also attended the scene.

Drivers of the Toyota and the Sunbird were both transported to the Banff hospital with non-life threatening injuries, according to RCMP.

While the investigation is continuing, police say speed and alcohol are believed to be factors. Charges are pending against the driver of the Black Toyota Pick.

The RCMP is asking the semi driver that was following these two vehicles to contact the nearest RCMP detachment so investigators can interview him as to what he witnessed.

http://www.calgarybeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/road-rage1.jpg

peteski
01-04-2011, 03:27 PM
What? You mean it wasn't a lifted diesel? OMG what's this world coming to?

Cos
01-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Fucking toyota drivers

A790
01-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Fucking toyota drivers
Maybe he couldn't stop.

But in all seriousness I'm glad that no one was hurt.

toastgremlin
01-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by peteski
What? You mean it wasn't a lifted diesel? OMG what's this world coming to? I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of Tacoma drivers shoulder to shoulder with lifted diesel owners in the douchebag truck driver pantheon.

Did the Toyota driver not think that the cops could identify him from his truck's license plate/VINs/etc? You'd have to be drunk to think sliding down an embankment will solve the problem.

roopi
01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Sunbird probably had coilovers and a fart can.

Cos
01-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Sunbird probably had coilovers and a fart can.

:rofl:

Kloubek
01-04-2011, 05:31 PM
So... a guy *in his own truck* hits someone, then runs off.... leaving his registered vehicle at the scene. That's bright.

badatusrnames
01-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
So... a guy *in his own truck* hits someone, then runs off.... leaving his registered vehicle at the scene. That's bright.

He could claim it was stolen...

Cos
01-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

He could claim it was stolen...

'sir is this your truck?'

'yes but it was stolen'

'did you report it stolen?'

'no'

'where were you last night'

'sleeping on the side of the trans canada, you know after someone stole my truck'

SJW
01-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Would it really be that hard to track him? Fuckin foot prints in snow. :facepalm:

Kennyredline
01-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Is any of this surprising? A douchebag in a pickup runs a car off the road, then leaves a juicy trail behind to find him. I bet there's a direct correlation between >inches of
lift = < intelligence.

THEMONK
01-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Gee, I sure hope the douche doesn't die of exposure, that'd be a real shame especially because we need more a$$holes like that guy on the road.

toastgremlin
01-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by SJW
Would it really be that hard to track him? Fuckin foot prints in snow. :facepalm: It wasn't hard. They called for a dog but he turned himself in before the dogs arrived, according to the article. Maybe he was hiding evidence before returning to the scene to surrender.

Failure to remain at the scene is probably a lesser offense than narcotics possession, for instance. Probably an open container or two in the truck with him as well.

VetteRacin
01-04-2011, 11:02 PM
I would just like to point out that in the pic the scene in the cgy sun clearly shows the car is in fact a sunfire...not a sunbird

B20EF
01-05-2011, 10:19 AM
If the truck driver is smart he can claim he got drunk after he ran away, not before when he was driving. So no DUI.

KandabashiDevil
01-05-2011, 05:05 PM
There are so many people who drive to Lake Louise from Calgary just to get drunk and drive back. I think there should be law enforcement watching people leave the parking lot (like they do at Stampeder games in McMahon Stadium). It's not a check-stop where every driver gets inspected, but it's a monitoring system.

I went to Louise this week and heard some fat loser walking back to the lot saying, " Yeah man, might as well call it a day and drive back. We're both too wasted to go down again and I don't want to get hurt "

:rolleyes:

SJW
01-05-2011, 05:33 PM
This person is human garbage.