PDA

View Full Version : Kijiji job listings

derpderp
01-04-2011, 06:27 PM
What the hell is with all the rtards posting their resume/looking for ads on Kijiji. I personally would never hire someone who was to lazy to even just look through the classified listings and apply for jobs they are interested in.

Do people even get jobs doing this?

J-hop
01-04-2011, 06:57 PM
meh a couple years ago when I needed a job I posted my resume up on monster, workopolis and a few other sites. Yes I did check postings regularly but sometimes your search parameters don't return all the applicable job postings or you just think you aren't qualified for a job posting when you could be. I had at least half a dozen job offers by using this method.

Kijiji is a high traffic area so posting your resume isn't that bad of an idea. I'm sure some of the people posting their resumes don't bother to look at postings but others may just be fishing for leads and there is nothing wrong with that now is there????

derpderp
01-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Hmm interesting, I guess it does work.

I guess I'm probably judging people for doing this because of all the ads where people write a two sentence long post on Kijiji with improper spelling and grammar and come off as a beggar more then a person you want and need around.

projekz
01-04-2011, 11:12 PM
I wondered the same thing. I saw some people posting decent resumes and some others writing stuff like "Hey, wassup, I need a job so if your looking 4 some1 just emale me":rofl:

I think it's a great idea if executed properly. I'm just not sure I'd be ok with having all my personal info plastered on Kijiji like that.:dunno:

davidI
01-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Just by having a LinkedIn account I've had numerous recruiters approach me. You don't want to give away too much information, but at the same time, what will someone do with your name / phone # and job history?

projekz
01-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Some people have their name, address, phone number, references and job history. Just opens the door to identity theft if you ask me...

derpderp
01-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by davidI
Just by having a LinkedIn account I've had numerous recruiters approach me. You don't want to give away too much information, but at the same time, what will someone do with your name / phone # and job history?

Call you/send you mail. I wouldn't think it isn't much of a problem if you don't give out too much vital information like your SIN#.

I get LinkedIn though; it is kind of built to be like that. As I said I figure I was probably just mostly passing judgment due to the numerous ads you find on Kijiji mostly of people posting really poorly executed and unprofessional looking-for ads.

I wouldn't see a problem with finding a person who has properly submitted and wrote a resume. Just not someone who makes an ad "yo I'm 22 and need work, got car, mom gunna kick me out if I dont work, please help lol."

Adrenaline101
01-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Mine is on there. I apply for all the jobs that come up in my field when Im looking.
Nice to just have it out there floating around incase somebody is interested but hasnt started openly advertising yet.
I have my name,m address etc there and never had any problem.

Masked Bandit
01-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I've never posted a resume on Kijiji but I have posted ads looking for staff with some reasonable success.

slick2404
01-12-2011, 12:10 PM
A few years ago I landed my first professional job after posting my resume on Monster. I'd say it works very well when recruiters give you a call to discuss further...but had to take it down after getting annoyed with all the pyramid scheme 'opportunities'.

copynpaste
01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Posting your resume on kijiji isnt bad, the girls who post their pics and their # as well as home address arent too bright. With all the physchos out there, theyre risking theyre safety (and their parents too cause they most likely still live at home).

ddduke
01-12-2011, 04:00 PM
I think he's talking about guys like this:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-general-labour-gearl-lobour-W0QQAdIdZ253259794

It's actually painful to read, he didn't even proof read his title.:facepalm:

dandia89
01-12-2011, 11:44 PM
i'm so glad im reading these. hahah makes me feel alot better about my interview tomorrow

J-hop
01-13-2011, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by copynpaste
Posting your resume on kijiji isnt bad, the girls who post their pics and their # as well as home address arent too bright. With all the physchos out there, theyre risking theyre safety (and their parents too cause they most likely still live at home).

bahahha yea I love that, "Hi my name is Rebecca but my friends call me Becky, I am an aspiring model looking for work"

aren't they all :rofl:

jefferson2
01-13-2011, 10:39 PM
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-child-care-baby-sitting-in-my-house-W0QQAdIdZ253886038

Yeah, I wouldn't let you near my kids lady.

zakizdaman
01-18-2011, 02:47 PM
part of the fact is that when you go to most workplaces they tell you to apply online... either fill out their application form, never get a response or email them a resume. Kind of stupid

Jlude
01-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by jefferson2
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-child-care-baby-sitting-in-my-house-W0QQAdIdZ253886038

Yeah, I wouldn't let you near my kids lady.

Hahaha no shit.

Disoblige
01-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Priscilla Chan, you lucky bitch :rofl:

chrispl
01-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

I think he's desperate.
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-PostersOtherAds-W0QQUserIdZ49221141

Afrodeziak
01-19-2011, 01:54 PM
At least Fred is persistent. A good trait. lol

ercchry
01-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Afrodeziak
At least Fred is persistent. A good trait. lol

i like how in the same day he says he needs a car for his new job and also says he has a 4x4 to pull out stuck cars :rofl:

Tik-Tok
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

As it's written so god damn poorly, I can't help but think this is a coded posting, and all his postings are, for some kind of drug ring or human slave smuggling or something