PDA

View Full Version : Which Chrysler dealer's shop in town is good?

Xtrema
01-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Got some warranty issues and I no longer trust Varsity after they tried to scam me on a brake job that's covered by warranty.

Are they all shit?

Ukyo8
01-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Good Chrysler shop

=

http://www.isbigfootreal.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/patterson_bigfoot.jpg

Lex350
01-04-2011, 11:37 PM
none....all bad!

projekz
01-04-2011, 11:59 PM
I'd try Cochrane. Heard good things about them from a neighbor.

peteski
01-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Renfrew's pretty good, never had a problem there.

GOnSHO
01-05-2011, 10:29 AM
2 good friends of mine work at Big Four, if you go there, talk to the blonde chick to check you in, tell her Travis sent you, she'll take of you :D

Mibz
01-05-2011, 10:30 AM
I've gone to Tower a few times with no problems. I'd stay the fuck away from Courtesy though.

texasnick
01-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't own a Chrysler, but I have had an EXCELLENT experience at Tower down in the south.

We were replacing the driver's side spindle/bearing assembly on my buddys Acura EL, and he completely sheard a bolt off (forget where exactly). It was a Saturday and it was pretty late. No mechanic shop would let us drill the bolt out or was willing to do it. I called Tower as a last resort and they drilled the bolt out for us that day. I know they were pretty busy, and drilling a bolt out of some random Honda part isn't exactly a great job to have to do, but the service manager made sure it got done. Took a while, but it was MUCH appreciated. Rare to have a service department in Calgary actually want to work with a customer to solve a problem.

I give them a thumbs up.

ercchry
01-05-2011, 12:15 PM
tower sucks for warranty work

Zero102
01-05-2011, 02:08 PM
I have had bad experiences with:
Varsity
Crowfoot
Courtesy

I would stay away from these 3 at all costs. Crowfoot returned my car to me in downright dangerous condition on one occasion and damaged my car twice. Courtesy is aggressive and threatens to bill you for all sorts of things that are covered under warranty until you push back, and Varsity will lie cheat and steal from anybody and everybody who walks through the door.

Masked Bandit
01-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Stay away from Eastside. I've heard lots of problems out of that shop.

carson blocks
01-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Stay away from Eastside. I've heard lots of problems out of that shop.

Word. Eastside Dodge has incompetent staff, poor business ethics, and are unwilling to do anything to resolve customer complaints, even when there has been a major screw up on their part.

Ymerej472008
01-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

+1

Redlyne_mr2
01-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Big 4

Xtrema
01-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by GOnSHO
2 good friends of mine work at Big Four, if you go there, talk to the blonde chick to check you in, tell her Travis sent you, she'll take of you :D

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Big 4

Big 4 it is. Thanks!

Ukyo8
01-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

:werd:

hate those cunts

Maxt
01-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Contrary to many, I really like Chrysler products... Mainly because of using them in a commercial environment, they just outlast other brands... However I loathe Chrysler dealers, by far the worst god damned service I have ever encountered.. Maybe I have good luck with their vehicles because I service them myself..

911fever
01-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Big4 was good to one of my customers that I sold a used Chrysler too, Eastside and varsity are brutal

M.alex
01-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by GOnSHO

By take care of you, you mean.....:poosie:

:confused:

No_Cash
01-07-2011, 07:13 PM
I had the worst sales and service experience I have ever had in my life at Eastside Dodge. I will never own a Dodge again because of them.

flipstah
01-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Bump for an update.

Still the same result for everyone?

FraserB
01-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Big 4. Hands down.

Mibz
01-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Went to Tower one more time since for some non-warranty diagnoses. They were accurate :P

Darell_n
01-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Drive out to Cochrane. (or any other outside the city) Small town businesses will always have good service or they are history.

Maxt
01-14-2012, 06:49 PM
I have found Tower to be good for the diesel warranty services, and Drumheller Chrysler to be a decent place to get a straight forward vehicle sale done with no BS, especially when it comes to the top tier Chryslers.

ExtraSlow
01-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Only kinda off topic, but I was in crowfoot dodge a couple of week ago, and the sales guy there was very nice, and pretty much zero pressure. Last time I was in a Jeep dealership i had the same experience.
They seem to have a good thing going on the sales training, just wish Honda would figure that out, I've never met a good Honda guy.

:hijack:

As for service, if it's not warranty work, don't go to the dealer at all.

Cos
01-14-2012, 08:39 PM

e31
01-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Renfrew service has been extra helpful to my family members on more than a couple occasions. They have very much earned my praise (coming from a guy who does not under normal circumstances allow mechanics to work on his vehicles).:thumbsup:

projekz
01-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
Big 4. Hands down.

+1 for Big4:D

98brg2d
01-18-2012, 09:56 AM
I have used Renfrew and Tower. Both have been ok for the most part but have had their share of screw ups:

Had my engine replaced under warranty (3rd party not OEM) at Renfrew and they were really helpful BUT they decided the clutch and TOB should be changed after they finished the work and then decided to tell me instead of calling me and having me approve the cost of the part during reinstallation of the engine.

I have given Tower explicit instructions on occasion about things I have done to the car and they have been completely ignored: I was diagnosing what felt like a lean misfire so I unplugged the cam position sensor to see if it was a sensor problem. I told them I had unplugged it and that it was clearly not the problem. Two days later I get the diagnosis: Cam Sensor was unplugged, we plugged it back in. :facepalm:

They also stripped the drain plug on a modified oil pan (turbo drain)and they would not take responsibility so I had to pay shop rate for them to modify a new pan.

4DoorGTZ
01-18-2012, 01:32 PM
My parents have a Caravan with lifetime oilchanges at Tower. My Dad is a HD mechanic and is always the one who takes it in because he works nearby.

Last oilchange before Christmas he asked them to look at the PS pump, as it is making noise even though the fluid level was ok. They call him back to say the rack is leaking and needs replacement, $2600 or so. (There were no leaks, no spots under the van where it parks) He calls their BS, asks them just to flush the PS system and leave it. When he goes to pick it up the workorder has no mention of the rack leaking or needing to be replaced, they show a PS flush at no cost, but say pump still noisy, recomend pump replacement.

He gets in, starts it up. PS pump makes noise for 5sec and then is quiet, works good and seems solved. No leaks.

He swears he will never buy another vehicle with some kind of maintenance for life package because they (Tower at least) just want to find ways to make back their money by trying to sell you on things you dont need. He's also had 1 stud missing for the last year (his choice to drive like that, I'd get it fixed kinda quickly) and they have never mentioned it, even though they check the tire pressure at each oil change (or so the paperwork says)