PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with another persons insurance company questions.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Hey guys, so back in October my car got hit. I got a quote at Concours for the damage and it came out to $3270 without knowing if their was hidden damage to the front end. They said they dont feel comfortable fixing the car though because its a RHD Nissan 180SX. So yesterday finally another insurance appraiser came and took an appraisal. Today I got the call and they offered me 80% of the quote which was $2512 or something which seems a bit low. They SHOULD be paying me much closer to 100% in my opinion since the person the insured hit my vehicle. Can I negotiate with them over this? Otherwise what is the most expensive body shop in town, because I am going to get another quote/get the vehicle fixed there if they wont give me a suitable amount of cash.

Pinner
01-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
$3270 without knowing if their was hidden damage to the front end.

Why don't you just get it fixed ? Especially with the real possibility it needs frame work. Uni bodys can't take much of a hit without needing a pull.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Because I have no use for the car, its being sold asap so I can stop insuring it.

Masked Bandit
01-06-2011, 01:05 PM
So you are looking for a cash settlement and are going to retain the car correct?

The actual adjusters on the board can correct me if I'm wrong but you're fogetting about the salvage value. If you are taking a cash payout you usually only receive about 75% of the vehicles current market value.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-06-2011, 01:08 PM
No this is cash for the damage, not the value of the vehicle. I am planning on selling the car so taking cash and selling it right away would save me some time and insurance rather than having it fixed and have to wait a while.

realazy
01-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Even with cash settlements you only get a portion of the quoted value. The only way you can "get" the full value is to fix the car.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Ok then what's the most expensive and best shop in town? I want it fixed perfectly like it was before.

StreetRacerX
01-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Contemporary Coach Works

Barlow
01-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Had negative ex[perience with CCW, Their work is top notch though!

I would go through Cncours myself though.

I like A1, so does my insurance company!

JayDoggExclusiv
01-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Id recommenced Car star excel bro, my DC5 was rear ended back in Oct and they fixed it for me and did a fabulous job and they're on the pricey side

Rusted Bumper
01-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Screaming Paintworks, Maranello's and Crowfoot Image would be my only other guesses for generally higher prices. The 80% thing because they want to pay for real labour and parts and not shop overhead.

But to be honest, I don't know how far you are going to get. It's it's truly a low quote from Concours (and the insurance company appraiser came to the same amount?), you may find a higher price somewhere else. But the insurance company may not agree with it and stick to their guns with the other quote and their appraisal. You can get your own appraiser, but you may end up losing money this way.

In any case, as you mentioned you are trying to get rid of it and want to take off insurance. Fighting them because you want more money means it sits there longer and you keep paying insurance. Or you get it repaired and get full value for it in a sale, but you still keep paying insurance.

I'd say get one more quote and if it's higher, see what they say. If it's not higher, just settle.

turbotrip
01-09-2011, 02:45 AM
maranello is where i would go if your looking for expensive