PDA

View Full Version : surferbaby13 needs back speakers

surferbaby13
09-07-2002, 02:42 PM
HEY...i AM only back because I am also in the market for good speakers. Hahahaha you think because I drive a topaz....but I just bought myself A pheonix Gold 10" an amp....which is a Bazooka(don't know much of that brand.....but it seems to do the job) but now I need to back speakers and a smaller amp for the back speakers......
also now that I have all this equipment......how do a create more power for my car. I seem to have lost alot of power. Is it worth my money to buy that mechanism.....that gives more power directly to the system? I can't remember what its called.
I got the sweetest deal on my shit as well.
Ryan Pheonix.....are the best...they don't hit it hard like you said crisp would be the best way to discribe this sub.
Now I understand the concept of interests towards sound. Not yet speed but I am working on it.
So if any of you could spare me some time....and let me know as to what kind of rear speakers I should buy that would be sweet.
Get back Elise

Ben
09-08-2002, 01:56 AM
What size are your factory rear speakers.

Without spending a shizload, look into maybe some Rockford HPC's or some Infinity's or some JL's

2 ways perhaps as your not going to be pounding bass from them with your sub doing that for them.

It all depends on what you want to fork over.

I was at A&B mid week and they had a pair of JLs for like 700 bucks...huge dough...a couple hun a pair will buy pretty decent stuff, but then the amps are expensive for a sterio 4channel instead of a Mono 2 channel...

Put in basic terms, so to all you techies, dont beat me up...:thumbsup:

sexualbanana
09-08-2002, 02:57 AM
haha u drive a luxury tempo! jk

OMOYYC
09-08-2002, 09:16 AM
A true audiophile would put rear speakers as the LAST priority on any system. In fact, some of the best car audio setups does NOT have rear speakers. The ONLY reason that people focus on rear speakers first is because it's the cheapest way to make your car sound loud.

I'd spend more time to make your front speakers awesome first, and then just leave your factory rears and turn them to VERY QUIET as just a simple rear fill.

You will learn to appreciate the music much more if it comes from in front of you. :thumbsup:

On the same token, you should also x-over your sub at around 60-70 h. At 60 hz and below, your ears cannot hear the direction of the sound source. Thus, the music would completely sound like it's from in front of you.

The problem always is how deep can your front speakers play? So often times, to compensate for lack of "MID-Bass" in the front speakers, people cross over their subs (which are usually in the rear) to 80hz. I definately would NOT go over 80hz cuz they would not sound good.

Just my opinion :D

Redlyne_mr2
09-08-2002, 12:19 PM
why didnt you ask me..I had a set in the civic I let go with the car:banghead:

TomTom
09-08-2002, 11:28 PM
if you want pm me, ill take you into visions help you pick them out with a friend that is the car audio manager of my old store, you will get a pretty damn good deal.

surferbaby13
11-10-2002, 05:37 AM
for christ sakes
when I went back to see whether anyone had responded to this I saw nothing so I thought that someone erased my messages. Sorry dudes for not responding. I just thought that you all had some grudge on me for that pic.....but I judged you all wrong or to those that dissed out some helpful hints.
I am actually in the market for a deck for my moms deck problem is her car is a Honda Civic 93 and I would need a stereo kit so I don't want to spend more than 200 dollars.....I want it nice sounding but easy to accomodate those who aren't logically inclined.

surferbaby13
11-10-2002, 05:40 AM
sorry for my moms car........I screwed up....
sorry guys

CRXguy
11-10-2002, 08:01 AM
I'll sell you a Panasonic deck for $125!!:D

CRXsex
11-10-2002, 12:14 PM
what kind of panasonic.....does the face plate come off.....does it look expensive and does it work well
see I am not concerned about about how the bass sounds because she just wants to listen to her cds...thats all....get back elise
oh and ps I am only a bitch when I need to be and when I hear that my brother trashes our dad on here....and his friends back home...only deserves this....but hey thanx for coming out.
Until you know the whole story shut up

CRXguy
11-10-2002, 12:49 PM
The model # is DPG615

10 second anti-shock memory
40wattsx4
remote control
detachable face

Redlyne_mr2
11-11-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by CRXsex

oh and ps I am only a bitch when I need to be and when I hear that my brother trashes our dad on here....
hahaha why would I ever trash dad hahaha what have you been smoking:nut:

James
11-11-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by CRXsex

oh and ps I am only a bitch when I need to be and when I hear that my brother trashes our dad on here....and his friends back home...only deserves this....but hey thanx for coming out.

Holy shit i was just joking......but it looks like my Post Got Deleted anyway :confused:

D'z Nutz
11-11-2002, 01:15 AM
This family shit needs to stop. It was amusing at first, but it's getting old and tiresome. If you guys got problems, you should settle them privately, not on a public forum.

Redlyne_mr2
11-11-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
This family shit needs to stop. It was amusing at first, but it's getting old and tiresome. If you guys got problems, you should settle them privately, not on a public forum.
:werd: email me sometime Elise instead of freaking out, its unbelievable and dont take things I post so seriously:thumbsdow
[email protected]