PDA

View Full Version : This cop needs to be removed

Pages : [1] 2

C_Dave45
01-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Just watched this on the news. Seems like the allegations might be justified. Little skinny armed pussy...hope he gets removed.

UFIr4qNn1YI

AE92_TreunoSC
01-08-2011, 07:29 PM
What a bitch move.

kaput
01-08-2011, 07:33 PM

sr20s14zenki
01-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I saw an interview briefly with him, and he looks and sounds like hes got a bad attitude. Hopefully he goes byebyes. Lots of cops getting too big for their boots these days. After ALL of the videos people have from their phones out there of cops fucking up, you would think it would diminish since they know there is a good chance they can get caught. :rolleyes:

ryder_23
01-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Ya the guy looks like a hot head to begin with. Normally I back police, but fuck this guy. He's a clown.

max_boost
01-08-2011, 07:49 PM
WEAK!

Cops are human. Humans make mistakes but this Officer is just a complete fucking idiot!

old&slow
01-08-2011, 07:54 PM
The guy he kicked was on a leave for a brain injury?
Then gets kicked in the head? Sure hope he's ok...

darthVWader
01-08-2011, 08:46 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/bigbowtrout/caddyshack_01.jpg

garnet
01-08-2011, 08:57 PM
edited for LOL :rofl:

Originally posted by max_boost Cops are human. and some Humans are made by mistake and this Officer was just born a complete fucking idiot!

01RedDX
01-08-2011, 09:38 PM

psi_klops
01-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Just curious...if you retaliated in a situation like this would it be self defence or resisting arrest or assult on a police officer??

I guess it depends on what a lawyer can prove and what evidence is had.

It make me wonder... if the cops are there to keep civilians in check...who is there to keep them in check?

sr20s14zenki
01-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by psi_klops
Just curious...if you retaliated in a situation like this would it be self defence or resisting arrest or assult on a police officer??

It make me wonder... if the cops are there to keep civilians in check...who is there to keep them in check?

Thats a good question..who IS there to keep THEM in check? Investigations are internal for the most part.....huh...strange how things get swept under the rug.You can guarantee it wouldnt be called self defense, and it would solidify the cops case against you. You can guarantee theres nothing any lawer could do for you.

JayDoggExclusiv
01-08-2011, 10:20 PM
wow thats harsh, glad this douche got caught...alot of cops abuse there powers as an officer. Glad one got caught doing so.

ZenOps
01-09-2011, 12:11 AM

Used to be Internal Affairs, but I think thats US.

Citizens with minicameras keep police, authority figures, politicians, etc.. in check nowadays. It won't keep citizens from being harmed - but it also won't let abuse of power go unseen and unchecked.

I just wish I had a half pound, flash based HD camera to catch all of Rob Anders overtly offending quotes over the years instead of just audio magnetic tape.

I cut off Rob Anders Nose! "You pay Visa, I .... You!" AirFarce.

revelations
01-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Yep, not OK....if its not the officers first common assault charge it certainly wont be his last. The victim will likely sue the detachment as well.

This was a long time member too, not some rookie officer. Plain clothes members need something like 5 years of service.

atgilchrist
01-09-2011, 01:17 AM
That's 2 blocks from me here in Kelowna. People here in town are PISSED.

Godfuader
01-09-2011, 01:58 AM
He will be back on the streets in no time after they review his years of dedicated service (not getting caught). Oh well, nice paid leave for him. :thumbsup:

Str1der
01-09-2011, 03:45 AM
cunt

cancer man
01-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Total BS..FUCKER SHOULD ROT IN HELL.

Tik-Tok
01-09-2011, 10:02 AM

I dunno... Coast Guard?

edit: If he was on leave, why was he shooting the gun at his workplace? Weird.

Cos
01-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Damn poor guy, his face was crazy!

calgary403
01-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't know why people are so surprised when things like this happen.

Shit like this is alot more common then most people realize.

I can already guarantee the outcome. Officer will have paid suspension (vacation) and there will be no criminal charges or any other form of discipline for the officer.

Rat Fink
01-09-2011, 12:25 PM

revelations
01-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by calgary403
...and there will be no criminal charges or any other form of discipline for the officer.

You dont have a clue, sir.

- officer will likely be put on administrative duties - or paid vacation as he is presumed innocent (even with a video) until proven guilty in court.

The Kelowna detachment is probably like many other medium-sized units - overworked and undermanned so its in their best interest to keep this member on staff while the investigation is ongoing - to keep up with the bad guys.

- officer will likely end up with a common assault charge, so as a cop he will have a criminal record

- if this isnt the officers first time with an excessive force complaint, he could be facing a demotion

- the victim can and will likely sue the detachment for damages

Cos
01-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
If the dude was on leave from work, and has a brain injury and shows upto his work firing off a shotgun.....was he supposed to be there?

I'd sure like to know all the evidence before saying the cop was a total prick about it. For all we know the dude in the pickup truck could've been telling the cop he was going to go to his house next and fire off the shots. If he said something like that, I sure as shit would've boot fucked him in the face too. You never know!

As far as I understood he was on leave from ANOTHER job because of a motorcycle accident. He had another job where he was on a farm or something scaring away birds while he was on leave.

D. Dub
01-09-2011, 04:49 PM

I can already guarantee the outcome. Officer will have paid suspension (vacation) and there will be no criminal charges or any other form of discipline for the officer.

BS They are going to hang him from that big white statue in Kelowna harbour.

D. Dub
01-09-2011, 04:51 PM
double post

ddduke
01-09-2011, 07:11 PM
This is total bullshit. Almost every cop I see thinks that he/she is above the law and has an attitude problem. I hope this peice of shit goes down for what he did.

Supa Dexta
01-09-2011, 08:44 PM
They seem to forget they work for us.

If I walked up and kicked my boss in the face, what do you think would happen to me?

revelations
01-09-2011, 09:13 PM
More info:

hiFjz0PSckg

- Cst. Geoff Mantler
- Graduated Depot 2007
- has served with the Kelowna detachment since

jsn
01-09-2011, 09:29 PM
"there was a permit in place for him to scare away the geese."

"is that what he was doing at the time?"

"that's what we're lead to believe now"

Sounds like the detachment will definitely be sued. The head of the detachment admitted that the victim hasn't done anything wrong. Hope the officer gets more than just a slap on the wrist.

max_boost
01-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Dude is a fucking douche. Someone should get Ahmed to go rough him up on his off day and kick him in the face.

Godfuader
01-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
They seem to forget they work for us.

If I walked up and kicked my boss in the face, what do you think would happen to me?
If you worked for the PD, they would get you to take some paid time off, or set you up in an easier job till you get over your personal anguish. :thumbsdow

calgary403
01-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by jsn
"there was a permit in place for him to scare away the geese."

"is that what he was doing at the time?"

"that's what we're lead to believe now"

Sounds like the detachment will definitely be sued. The head of the detachment admitted that the victim hasn't done anything wrong. Hope the officer gets more than just a slap on the wrist.

The victim has been charged with careless use of a firearm. He is in custody.

http://www.canada.com/news/UPDATE+kicked+face+charged+with+careless+firearm/4082938/story.html

Shooting a firearm with a permit becomes illegal after the police assault you and then say it is.

:thumbsdow

Kloubek
01-09-2011, 10:22 PM
That guy was bleeding something fierce. Not cool.

syritis
01-09-2011, 11:04 PM
wait, so the guy with a brain injury is driving around with a shotgun?

'neighbors heard shots fired'

ok what connection does that have with this man?

maybe he was at work just doing some fallow up when someone else was scaring off geese with a couple blanks?

regardless of what the man was doing prior, this individual was video'd as being of zero threat to the officer while he had hands and knees on the ground. thus in no possible way was blunt force trauma to the head necessary.

clem24
01-10-2011, 11:03 AM

http://www.canada.com/news/UPDATE+kicked+face+charged+with+careless+firearm/4082938/story.html

Shooting a firearm with a permit becomes illegal after the police assault you and then say it is.

Looks like they're trying to save face now. I'll admit it's a tough job being a cop but kicking someone when they're harmless and down is over the edge. The sad part is, this stuff probably happens frequently, and *not* caught on tape. The only problem here is that it was .

And to the guy saying assaulting the cop in self defense: do not. My interpretation of this is, (well usually) cops are there to protect and serve you, not rob/rape/kill you. So I would have to safely assume, no you cannot assault a cop in self defense. That would be resisting arrest, of course assuming the cop has identified himself as so. But then again, unless something is caught on tape, you're likely facing a huge uphill battle because it's your testimony vs. the cops, and we know who's going to be more believable. And then there's the possibility of a cover up too. So yeah, don't touch mr. cop.

gretz
01-10-2011, 11:27 AM
"Tavares allegedly fired two shots at the Harvest Golf Course Friday morning."

This justifies a kick to the teeth? Really? They are trying to justify the boot by basically saying he MAY have fired shots :banghead: What a fucking joke

jsn
01-10-2011, 09:14 PM

Really? The head of the detachment admitted in that televised interview that the victim had a license and did nothing wrong. :thumbsdow

StupidWade
01-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by jsn

Really? The head of the detachment admitted in that televised interview that the victim had a license and did nothing wrong. :thumbsdow

LOL. That's not how it works.

Let's say you're walking down the street and a cop comes up to you and asks where you're going.

Then you ask him why he wants to know. They call that being belligerent. Now the cop is really suspicious of what you're up to.

Now he asks you to put your hands behind your back. When you pull your arm away, cause you've done nothing wrong, that's resisting arrest AND assaulting an officer.

Now he punches you in the face and cuffs you.

So now you're under arrest.

Well, well, well. What do we have here in your pocket? A 2 inch Swiss Army knife? That's a dangerous concealed weapon, isn't it? The cop almost cut his fingers on it when he was searching you.

And why are you wearing that toque and those sunglasses here on this cold and sunny day? I think you're wearing a disguise in the commission of an offense.

It's off to jail for you.

In order to maintain complete and justifiable control of the people, it is critical that all people are committing some type of offense, either real or easily manufactured, at all times.

jsn
01-10-2011, 09:55 PM
^^ I don't understand how that has anything to do with this? The victim was not "pulling his arm away." The video showed in down on all fours. Doesn't really show him doing anything but following the officers orders when he gets booted in the face.

StupidWade
01-10-2011, 10:06 PM
The point is that it doesn't matter if you're doing anything wrong or even doing everything right.

If the cops want to beat you, they'll do it with impunity and then make up a reason for it later.

jsn
01-10-2011, 10:12 PM
I understand that, but my point was that in that televised interview, the head of the detachment admitted that the victim was just doing his job. I don't get how they can go and charge him after they admitted he did no wrong doing.

403Gemini
01-11-2011, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by StupidWade

LOL. That's not how it works.

Let's say you're walking down the street and a cop comes up to you and asks where you're going.

Then you ask him why he wants to know. They call that being belligerent. Now the cop is really suspicious of what you're up to.

Now he asks you to put your hands behind your back. When you pull your arm away, cause you've done nothing wrong, that's resisting arrest AND assaulting an officer.

Now he punches you in the face and cuffs you.

So now you're under arrest.

Well, well, well. What do we have here in your pocket? A 2 inch Swiss Army knife? That's a dangerous concealed weapon, isn't it? The cop almost cut his fingers on it when he was searching you.

And why are you wearing that toque and those sunglasses here on this cold and sunny day? I think you're wearing a disguise in the commission of an offense.

It's off to jail for you.

In order to maintain complete and justifiable control of the people, it is critical that all people are committing some type of offense, either real or easily manufactured, at all times.

Do you have a name for your crazy little world? :rolleyes:

Anyway, cop in the video is a douche bag and really shouldn't have kicked that guy. I thought this was going to be the bleeding hearts crying about a cop putting his knee in a guys back while putting on handcuffs, but this is way worse and I agree, he should be removed from his position, no excuse for what he did.

ekguy
01-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Another RCMP doing something horrible??? :dunno: Isn't this normal practice for the RCMP???

spikerS
01-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
Another RCMP doing something horrible??? :dunno: Isn't this normal practice for the RCMP???

Yes it is. The vasst majority of RCMP, and even police officers in general act just like this. the Thousands of police officers in Canada beat the fuck out of people daily. It is the rare few that do their job professionally and responsibly.

:facepalm:

These kind of comments get so friggin tiring for me. Blanket statements from ignorant little cock sucking keyboard warriors trying to fit in.

I know I just singled out ekguy, but my finger is pointed at most of Beyond.

But yeah, this cop is an idiot, and I hope he gets canned.

revelations
01-11-2011, 10:27 AM

You would know since youve spent so much time working with the RCMP to not simply regurgitate what the mass media has given you.

GTS4tw
01-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by spikers

Yes it is. The vasst majority of RCMP, and even police officers in general act just like this. the Thousands of police officers in Canada beat the fuck out of people daily. It is the rare few that do their job professionally and responsibly.

These kind of comments get so friggin tiring for me. Blanket statements from ignorant little cock sucking keyboard warriors trying to fit in.

I know I just singled out ekguy, but my finger is pointed at most of Beyond.

But yeah, this cop is an idiot, and I hope he gets canned.

This happens all the time, sometimes there is video of it, sometimes not. Often it goes unreported since there is no point in getting involved and drawing more attention to yourself. I was involved in a situation like this, but total mistaken identity. I was told by friends, coworkers, decent cops that I know, and a lawyer that I should just drop it if I didn't want trouble in the future. Its like the mafia and since I don't have adequate protection from them I dropped it.

I could cite hundreds and hundreds of these cases, but you are obviously much more intelligent than this "ignorant little cock sucking keyboard warrior" (eloquent) so I'm sure you can find them yourself.

I haven't seen anyone say that EVERY cop is like this, or that EVERY cop commits assault daily, but it is very very common. I have a few friends with the RCMP, as well as know people who went there after high school, and lets just say the background check is flawed, drug dealers, bullys, cheaters, liars, woman abusers, I have seen them all get accepted with open arms. Open your eyes and stop living in denial, have you ever heard the phrase "a few bad apples spoil the barrel"?

spikerS
01-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

This happens all the time, sometimes there is video of it, sometimes not. Often it goes unreported since there is no point in getting involved and drawing more attention to yourself. I was involved in a situation like this, but total mistaken identity. I was told by friends, coworkers, decent cops that I know, and a lawyer that I should just drop it if I didn't want trouble in the future. Its like the mafia and since I don't have adequate protection from them I dropped it.

so you decided not to challenge it and change the status quo? makes you just as bad as this "mafia" you seem to think exists. Even though there are annonnomous ways of reporting.

I could cite hundreds and hundreds of these cases, but you are obviously much more intelligent than this "ignorant little cock sucking keyboard warrior" (eloquent) so I'm sure you can find them yourself.

right, I never even remotely claimed that this never happens. see your apple comment below and you understand my point.

I haven't seen anyone say that EVERY cop is like this, or that EVERY cop commits assault daily, but it is very very common.

I have a few friends with the RCMP, as well as know people who went there after high school, and lets just say the background check is flawed, drug dealers, bullys, cheaters, liars, woman abusers, I have seen them all get accepted with open arms.

want a cookie?

Open your eyes and stop living in denial, have you ever heard the phrase "a few bad apples spoil the barrel"?

ahh, so you finally get the point I was making. Glad you are arguing our agreement on the subject.

mucat
01-12-2011, 12:51 PM
He is lucky someone recorded it on a video. Thinking of all the cases when there are no video recording of the event.

st184
01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah, its RCMP, I have personally dealt with horribly unprofessional conduct from them as well as heard multiple stories. I wouldn't put this past them at all.

frizzlefry
01-12-2011, 01:30 PM
So I read now that:
a) He had a permit to fire his weapon but not currently
b) He was not supposed to be on the golf course
c) He was arrested in connection with a domestioc violence situation but not charged somestic violence

Regardless of what he did or did not do, courts should be dishing out punishment, not the police.

Z_Fan
01-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I haven't read any reports at all, but it seemed clear that he very likely was NOT supposed to be on the golf course at that particular time. Hey, no one is gonna be golfing there any time soon, so fuck the geese. How does a brain damaged individual have a permit for a fucking gun anyhow? Brain damaged politicians I suppose.

So, the "victim" should be charged as he broke the law. Totally unrelated action which he did before his violent arrest. Just because he got a kick to the face doesn't mean he shouldn't be charged. That's crazy. He should be charged.

You know...that charge is totally unrelated to what happened to him during the arrest. Clearly the officer is very out of line. But you've also got to remember they know this guy has a gun, and they know he's just discharged it, and they don't know much other than that. So with only that information, their suspect is armed and dangerous.

Because of that, I don't have any problem at all with the officer pulling his gun out during the arrest. With the information he had at the time, yeah, I'd say he was totally justified. But while there was another officer on site not far away, and the suspect was obeying his orders, the kick was simply very excessive force. Not necessary, and IMO quite brutal. So the officer is definitely going to be punished in some way for his actions, beyond simply administrative duties, etc.

From the footage of him, he seems rather like a little cocksucker who needs his own boot to the face. But he was probably on the defensive already, because he knew what he did was wrong, and he was just in a very stressful situation of dealing with an armed suspect who'd been firing shots! He's definitley violated any sensical code of conduct which exists. He'll get punished.

Godfuader
01-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Canmore RCMP Shoots and kills fake gun toting man.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/life/fatally+shot+Canmore+RCMP+carrying+fake/4092689/story.html

This scenario...yes, shoot him!

CUG
01-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

This scenario...yes, shoot him! What about the children and the oppressed homosexuals though, Godfuader?

sputnik
01-12-2011, 03:08 PM

http://www.calgaryherald.com/life/fatally+shot+Canmore+RCMP+carrying+fake/4092689/story.html

This scenario...yes, shoot him!

Of course he should be shot. How is the cop to know that the gun is fake?

What if he was holding a real gun that was unloaded or a loaded gun but had the safety on?

Should we feel sorry for his idiocy as well?

You point a gun at a cop, be prepared to have a gun pointed and potentially fired at you.

syritis
01-13-2011, 04:19 AM
canmore man + threatening with gun (real or fake) = justified getting shot

kelowna man + complete obeying the officers and in no way posing as a threat = does not deserve a kick in the face.

i imagine that the officer in the Original post is already back on the streets with everything being swept under the rug.

atgilchrist
01-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Update from local paper:

-The kicked guy was charged with Careless use of a firearm because he did not hold a current permit to fire his shotgun on the golf course (which is within city limits). He used to have one, but didn't at the time of the incident. He has ben released from jail and his case is upcoming.

-The cop has been suspended pending the results of the investigation into his actions. The Abbotsford Municipal Police are doing the investigation, and are asking for any eye witnesses to come forward to make a statement.

takkyu
01-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Civilians = Guilty until proven innocent
Authority = Innocent until proven guilty

Gotta love the justice system.

atgilchrist
01-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Ummm, we are all innocent till proven guilty...

calgary403
01-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by atgilchrist

Then why has the civilian already been charged and had a bail hearing while for the police officer they are "awaiting statements."

DayGlow
01-13-2011, 07:08 PM

Then why has the civilian already been charged and had a bail hearing while for the police officer they are "awaiting statements."

You know, cops that are subject to these investigations ask the very same thing. The simple reason is that the public demand a full, thorough transparent investigation. If they rush it and miss interviewing a couple witnesses they will be acused of doing a sloppy investigation and covering it up. Take too long and they are dragging their feet.

The resources thrown at this investigation will go far beyond what would be if Joe public booted someone on the street because in the public view this is far more serious and as such it takes more time.

Modelexis
01-13-2011, 07:58 PM
What is there to investigate?

Throw this piece of shit in jail.

He can challenge his sentence if he wishes, but he will be met with multiple whiteness' and have no possible excuse.

Make an example out of this idiot and have him put in prison for life, while hopefully he has a family that in the meantime will resent and hate their failure of a father for the rest of their lives.

Or call it even and let this guy that got kicked take a kick at the cop's wife or gf or relative.

syritis
01-14-2011, 03:30 AM

but not above getting kicked in the face in the mean time

Godfuader
01-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow
The resources thrown at this investigation will go far beyond what would be if Joe public booted someone on the street because in the public view this is far more serious and as such it takes more time.
Of course this is far more serious. It is the job of the officer to be the rational one, and not kick people in the face. I know you will start with the "You were not there blah blah" but police officers should have to answer to higher standards. You should uphold the law, not just use it to get away with crimes.

spikerS
01-14-2011, 02:21 PM
The Kelowna man kicked in the face while being arrested by the RCMP says he was just doing his job when he fired his shotgun to scare geese away from a golf course last Friday, and he is mystified by the force's accusation that the incident is somehow connected to domestic violence.

Buddy Tavares, 51, was already dealing with a brain injury from a motorcycle accident when he was kicked by a plainclothes RCMP officer during a violent takedown that was caught on video.

“I was almost right back to normal and that's all gone,” he said.

Mr. Tavares has a black eye, loose teeth and said he has a constant headache. “I wake up and I take Tylenol, and through the day I'm just chewing ’em.”

The officer involved has since been suspended with pay while he faces an internal RCMP code of conduct investigation, as well as a criminal investigation.

Mr. Tavares was arrested after police responded to a call that an employee of the Harvest Golf Club in Kelowna was on the grounds firing a gun. Mr. Tavares is a long-time employee of the club and one of his duties was scaring away geese with a shotgun.

But police say Mr. Tavares is on disability leave from the club, did not have permission to be there Friday, and there were no permits in place for the use of firearms or noisemakers to scare birds.

Mr. Tavares, however, says he resumed geese-control duties about two weeks ago and was authorized to use a shotgun “at my discretion.”

“I go there every day but there's not geese every day,” he added.

The Harvest Golf Club's administrative assistant, Keri Fisher, said the club would not comment on the incident or Mr. Tavares, who has been charged with careless use of a firearm.

Police have said the incident is connected to a “domestic violence situation,” an allegation that baffles Mr. Tavares and his family.

Mr. Tavares’s former wife, Trudi Tavares, also works at the golf club but has said she was “absolutely not” the victim of violence at her former husband's hands.

Mr. Tavares said he has “no idea” where the accusation comes from. He pointed out that Ms. Tavares was waiting for him at the Kelowna courthouse when he was released on bail Monday.

“We're good friends, we do lunch together, breakfast together, I go to her house, she comes to mine,” he said. “I'm getting together with her tonight, for Christ's sake.”

Constable Steve Holmes, Kelowna RCMP spokesman, said Tuesday that while Mr. Tavares isn't charged with domestic violence, “it forms part of the background” that supports the careless use of a firearm charge.

Police pulled Mr. Tavares over in his truck about five kilometres away from the club. Mr. Tavares said he was shocked to see police pointing guns at him.

He said he obeyed an officer's order to get out of his truck and onto the ground. “And then it's sort of a blank,” he said of his memory.

The video, however, clearly captured an officer giving him a swift kick to the head. The video also shows Mr. Tavares's bloodied and battered face as he is led away.

“I have no idea what I could have done different,” he said. “I was doing everything he said. Maybe I should have jumped out of the truck and landed on my face.”

Special to The Globe and Mail

© 2011 The Globe and Mail Inc. All Rights Reserved.

gretz
01-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Constable Steve Holmes, Kelowna RCMP spokesman, said Tuesday that while Mr. Tavares isn't charged with domestic violence, “it forms part of the background” that supports the careless use of a firearm charge.

lol
It forms a false background to support the bullshit charge?

Suspended with pay? Wow...

A whole lot of win right there...

DayGlow
01-14-2011, 02:55 PM

Of course this is far more serious. It is the job of the officer to be the rational one, and not kick people in the face. I know you will start with the "You were not there blah blah" but police officers should have to answer to higher standards. You should uphold the law, not just use it to get away with crimes.

I agree fully and I personally think from the video this cop is a major DB and I hope he loses his job. I'm explaining why these investigations seem to take forever.

It amazes me that some people will complain that they are profiled by cops and then turn around and judge cops as a group, doing the same thing they complain about.

Seth1968
01-14-2011, 02:59 PM
The cop has been suspended pending the results of the investigation into his actions. The Abbotsford Municipal Police are doing the investigation, and are asking for any eye witnesses to come forward to make a statement.

Investigation? Eye witnesses?

It was caught on video ffs.

Godfuader
01-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

I agree fully and I personally think from the video this cop is a major DB and I hope he loses his job. I'm explaining why these investigations seem to take forever.

It amazes me that some people will complain that they are profiled by cops and then turn around and judge cops as a group, doing the same thing they complain about.
Didn't mean to appear as if bashing the entire organization. My issue is with accountability. I have friends and family working in all levels of law enforcement form CPS to FBI. I hold great admiration and value in the service. The issues arises when events such as these are presented and the punishment seems to be a paid vacation. I know it hinders promotion possibilities for the officer, but in any other field civilians get fired, not just put on desk duties. Might be a union thing or something legal issue, but it just seems that there is more flexibility in the wrong doing officers favor, in the public's eye.

DayGlow
01-14-2011, 03:52 PM
You know I agree with you. I do think that associations are protecting officers too much, but I do think they are still needed. Too often it's easier for upper management to sacrifice a lowly constable than to admit there is a training problem.

Also it's hard to make a hard and fast rule on what is the appropriate sanctions for screwing up. This one is pretty clear cut I agree, but most use of force issues are a lot more difficult to dissect. Do you can a 15 year veteran and all of his knowledge and experience for a single fuck-up from miss-reading a dynamic situation in the heat of the moment? Be careful or all you'll have a force full of junior officers that have no clue and too afraid to do anything lest they lose their job. Training is great but it will never replace real experience in the field. If I'm not learning and screwing things up till the end of my career I'm not pushing myself hard enough.

My feeling from watching the video this was a junior officer (reported out of depot and in Kelowna in 2007) in what could be his first high risk takedown outside of training and was too jacked up to think straight. Personally I think his actions were so over the top that he can't be reliable in high risk situations. He didn't push the line, he jumped right over it.

At the same time he does deserve due-process. He is allowed to defend his actions in court and before a tribunal for his job. Really I don't think the process of getting rid of a cop is much different from any other organization the size of most police forces. Breaks in policy and dissatisfactory performance has to be properly documented and remedial training provided or a wrongful dismissal lawsuit is the reality union or no union. Often times with police it revolves around force since that's part of the job. Ask any bouncer how many times he's accused of manhandling people, do you the should lose their job any time it's investigated? Not very practical.

Modelexis
01-14-2011, 06:55 PM
I wanna see a video of a bouncer pointing a loaded gun at a customer, and then kick him in the face while hes on his hands and knees obeying the orders. All caught on video.

Then I wanna see him get leave with pay while he is being 'investigated'.

DayGlow
01-14-2011, 08:31 PM

I'll try to explain.... Nevermind :facepalm:

Modelexis
01-14-2011, 08:35 PM

rx7boi
01-14-2011, 09:17 PM

calgary403
01-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by spikers
Police have said the incident is connected to a “domestic violence situation,” an allegation that baffles Mr. Tavares and his family.

Dayglow do you have any idea what something like this could mean?

DayGlow
01-14-2011, 09:31 PM
I had to read the article twice, but I think they are eluding to the fact that he may have a history of violence with his ex and she was working at the golf course when he showed up with the shotgun. From her statements though it seems they are grasping at straws.

luxor
01-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
I wanna see a video of a bouncer pointing a loaded gun at a customer, and then kick him in the face while hes on his hands and knees obeying the orders. All caught on video.

Then I wanna see him get leave with pay while he is being 'investigated'.

WOW do you have ADD or some sort of reading comprehension dysfunction? Typical Beyond response. DayGlow's argument was very clear and concise and I totally agree with what he said. It's your own damn problem if you didn't understand, stay out of this thread please.

Modelexis
01-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Why did I have that guy on my ignore list again.... oh ya, that's why.

SOAB
01-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by luxor

WOW do you have ADD or some sort of reading comprehension dysfunction? Typical Beyond response. DayGlow's argument was very clear and concise and I totally agree with what he said. It's your own damn problem if you didn't understand, stay out of this thread please.

judging from his post, i think he totally understands. he just doesn't agree in the slightest.

i can see Dayglow's point, but in the public eye, "on paid leave" sure sounds like a fucken vacation.

what they should do, is hold his pay while the investigation is ongoing, and if the officer is found not guilty, he would be paid every penny that he is owed.

if he is found guilty, than fuck'em. he didn't deserve that money anyway.

you can say that being a cop is tough and i'll agree with you. it is tough. but these people made a choice in life. nobody is forcing them to do this job.

SlickA70
01-15-2011, 04:05 AM

Get treated like an animal on all fours, then get kicked in the face for doing nothing.

Then say that in regards to that pig who got caught on camera.

I'm not going to lie and say all cops are pieces of shit but a handful deserve to get there comeuppance.

I've asked cops why they joined the force and I've heard "I had nothing better to do" come up more times than you want to hear.

Sorry for the rant but I guess I have a problem with authority, especially authority with an attitude problem.

Cops like this bitch deserve to get put down.

luxor
01-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by SOAB

judging from his post, i think he totally understands. he just doesn't agree in the slightest.

i can see Dayglow's point, but in the public eye, "on paid leave" sure sounds like a fucken vacation.

what they should do, is hold his pay while the investigation is ongoing, and if the officer is found not guilty, he would be paid every penny that he is owed.

if he is found guilty, than fuck'em. he didn't deserve that money anyway.

you can say that being a cop is tough and i'll agree with you. it is tough. but these people made a choice in life. nobody is forcing them to do this job.

Okay, well put yourself in his shoes, or any cop for that matter that is being investigated for a moment here. We all know these investigations take months if not more. If he had a mortgage and car payments, how would be be able to afford those things while being investigated?

I assume you have, or have had a full time job before, what if the employer decided to cut your salary for 1 month or more while you are asked to take time off because you messed something up? We aren't talking about some of your guy's $12/hr part time jobs here, these are some people's career that pay salary. It's not that easy to change careers especially if you haven't been fired yet.

What if he was found not guilty, would it be fair to mess up his life by him possibly losing his home and his car or more? I don't even see why you guys bitch and cry over "leave with pay" so much. The cop will have to pay that money back if he is found guilty.

Modelexis
01-15-2011, 11:23 AM
put yourself in his shoes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TorqueDog
01-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Okay, well put yourself in his shoes, or any cop for that matter that is being investigated for a moment here. We all know these investigations take months if not more. If he had a mortgage and car payments, how would be be able to afford those things while being investigated?You have got to be fucking kidding. Cry me a river.

People have lost their jobs, homes, vehicles, and credit ratings in the past, and I'll tell you right now, I bet the majority of them were guilty of maybe a little financial ineptitude at best - far less than boot-fucking someone in the mouth while being in a position of authority over them. I would not feel even an ounce of pity if this guy defaulted on his mortgage and car payments as a result of his actions.

Seth1968
01-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Okay, well put yourself in his shoes,

The very same ones that kicked a guy in the face who was on his hands and knees?

SlickA70
01-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968

The very same ones that kicked a guy in the face who was on his hands and knees?

:werd:

luxor
01-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh what happened to me being on your ignore list? I knew you were a bitch you pathetic loser. Nice cover-up man you friends with Kloubek?

Originally posted by TorqueDog
You have got to be fucking kidding. Cry me a river.

People have lost their jobs, homes, vehicles, and credit ratings in the past, and I'll tell you right now, I bet the majority of them were guilty of maybe a little financial ineptitude at best - far less than boot-fucking someone in the mouth while being in a position of authority over them. I would not feel even an ounce of pity if this guy defaulted on his mortgage and car payments as a result of his actions.

Another typical beyond response, argue not for the sake of the topic but for the attention. Obviously I think this guy fucked up and will most likely be found guilty. Does he think he's guilty though? Probably not. Aside from what he did or didn't do. It's not fair to have your pay cut when u haven't been found guilty. If you still are too stubborn to understand that then jump off a bridge or something. Or better yet pretend to put me on your ignore list to make yourself feel better

Toma
01-15-2011, 05:58 PM

Another typical beyond response, argue not for the sake of the topic but for the attention. Obviously I think this guy fucked up and will most likely be found guilty. Does he think he's guilty though? Probably not. Aside from what he did or didn't do. It's not fair to have your pay cut when u haven't been found guilty. If you still are too stubborn to understand that then jump off a bridge or something. Or better yet pretend to put me on your ignore list to make yourself feel better

Fuck that... take WHATEVER would happen to Joe Blow off the street if he boot fucked somone, and multiply it by at least 3 because it was commited by a person enTRUSTED with power, and given the job of PROTECTING the public.

So, in this case, probably suspended from the job, thrown in jail till trial.

I don't give a fuck about his finances, no more than I care about the finances of a common thug, or drug dealer.

max_boost
01-15-2011, 06:01 PM
How about an eye for an eye?

Tavares gets to boot Mantley in the face?

Yes. That would be settling the score. Fuck yes!

calgary403
01-15-2011, 06:06 PM

The cop will have to pay that money back if he is found guilty.

They should make the public aware of this.

SOAB
01-15-2011, 06:31 PM

Okay, well put yourself in his shoes, or any cop for that matter that is being investigated for a moment here. We all know these investigations take months if not more. If he had a mortgage and car payments, how would be be able to afford those things while being investigated?

I assume you have, or have had a full time job before, what if the employer decided to cut your salary for 1 month or more while you are asked to take time off because you messed something up?

me making a mistake at my job and a cop kicking a guy in the face for no reason is not even close to the same situation... how can it even compare???

heres a good comparison. lets say a customer comes in and asks me some questions. i come around the counter and punch him right in the face for no reason. AND its caught on video but there is no sound. what do you think is the correct course of action from my boss? what would the cops do? should i get a paid vacation while they "investigate"?

oh, and i HIGHLY doubt that this guy would have to pay back a cent of what he's getting while on vacation if he is found guilty...

C_Dave45
01-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Some more interesting vids on the case:

hiFjz0PSckg

oDaBNHfW-Qo

YEPMrZ6fVpU

shj2_5zJ9yw

TorqueDog
01-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Another typical beyond response, argue not for the sake of the topic but for the attention. Obviously I think this guy fucked up and will most likely be found guilty. Does he think he's guilty though? Probably not. Aside from what he did or didn't do. It's not fair to have your pay cut when u haven't been found guilty. If you still are too stubborn to understand that then jump off a bridge or something. Or better yet pretend to put me on your ignore list to make yourself feel better "Another typical beyond response", yeah, yours, because it's full of shit.

Let's put myself in his shoes somewhat. Let's say I got in shit at work for an offense that I could be terminated for and the infraction was caught on video. Guess what, I'd get fired on the spot as most people would. No tribunal, nothing. Fired, on the spot, and it would be up to me to find another job to continue to support myself financially.

But here's the thing - I'm not a police officer. I'm in IT. Police officers, by nature of what they do, are/should be held to a far higher standard than I am. I don't hold people's lives in my hands.

If you're still too stupid to understand that, then "jump off a bridge or something". :rolleyes: Moron.

Seth1968
01-15-2011, 08:40 PM
"Another typical beyond response", yeah, yours, because it's full of shit.

Let's put myself in his shoes somewhat. Let's say I got in shit at work for an offense that I could be terminated for and the infraction was caught on video. Guess what, I'd get fired on the spot as most people would. No tribunal, nothing. Fired, on the spot, and it would be up to me to find another job to continue to support myself financially.

But here's the thing - I'm not a police officer. I'm in IT. Police officers, by nature of what they do, are/should be held to a far higher standard than I am. I don't hold people's lives in my hands.

If you're still too stupid to understand that, then "jump off a bridge or something". :rolleyes: Moron.

:clap:

CUG
01-15-2011, 10:05 PM
This copper needs to be fired, and sent to prison.

luxor
01-15-2011, 10:23 PM
"Another typical beyond response", yeah, yours, because it's full of shit.

Moron? Lol by your logic then theres no such thing as innocent until proven guilty. It's clear that someone who thinks like you has very poor judgement and reasoning skills. You're a retard in my books. I can believe you are in IT but if you said law maker I'd be shocked.

calgary403
01-15-2011, 10:46 PM

Moron? Lol by your logic then theres no such thing as innocent until proven guilty. It's clear that someone who thinks like you has very poor judgement and reasoning skills. You're a retard in my books. I can believe you are in IT but if you said law maker I'd be shocked.

Of course there is innocent until proven guilty. But that would correspond to court and trial and not to employment.

If I was caught on camera assaulting someone at my work, heck even if I INTENTIONALLY broke something and was caught on camera I would be fired on the spot.

You don't have the right to a jury and lawyer at your place of work.

TorqueDog
01-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Moron? Lol by your logic then theres no such thing as innocent until proven guilty. It's clear that someone who thinks like you has very poor judgement and reasoning skills. You're a retard in my books. I can believe you are in IT but if you said law maker I'd be shocked. Seriously, how are you in your thirties and this fucking stupid?

Here's your post:

[Statement that looks like it's about to pre-face another statement that will make a point.]
[Ad hom attack]
[Ad hom attack]
[Ad hom attack]

You make absolutely NO points as to why you suggest my viewpoint is incorrect. At least if I'm about to call you a fucking idiot, I'll tell you - in fascinatingly precise detail - just why you're a fucking idiot. A fine example is the above, where I pointed out that all you do is say "You're a stupid poo-head!" in three different ways. Logically, one must deduce from your responses that you may very well be, for all intent and purposes, a fucking idiot, since you can't back up your own stance on the issue without telling anyone who disagrees with you to jump off a bridge.

Now, to explain to you how the workforce works for everyone else on the fucking planet except police, apparently:

Being found guilty will mean he can be charged through the Criminal Code. That involves going through all the legal procedures, etc. You don't have to be found guilty of jack shit to be fired from your job when there's probable cause, ie: a fucking VIDEO of you kicking someone's face in for no reason.

Seth1968
01-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Liberating sig TorqueDog. Did the moron post a reply to that?

Anyway, Are we guilty of injustice by letting it slide?

CUG
01-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Annnnd the investigators recommended an assault charge to the crown. Excellent.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110116/bc_kelowna_charges_110116/20110116/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome
:clap:

There's no incentive to cooperate if you're going to be assaulted anyway. It compromises the entire arrest process, and has the potential to create havoc for other police officers that aren't sporting small dicks like this guy.