PDA

View Full Version : CPS ticket with missing information

trliniar
01-09-2011, 05:53 PM
So i received an illegal u-turn ticket, but the ticket has my postal code missing.
I heard that if the ticket is filled out incorrectly, it could be void in court.

anyone know if this is the case?

revelations
01-09-2011, 05:57 PM
yes, certain things like wrong date, grossly misspelled last name can get a ticket tossed..... but not a missing postal code

Type_S1
01-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Don't drive like an asshole and don't get tickets. Stop trying to scam the system.

kolumbo69
01-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Even if it is wrong if you left the officer in a bad mood he has up to six months to re-issue the ticket.

rinny
01-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Go to court, go to the justice peace counter, before you stand in that long ass line up see if someone will check your ticket prior to seeing a JP.

Last time I had a ticket I didnt even realize but the officer never checked a box which made the ticket null. Instead of waiting an hour+ someone checked the ticket first then informed me its no bueno.

[GaGe]
01-09-2011, 11:00 PM
http://ticketcombat.com/offences/fatal.php

Found this, but not sure how accurate it is.

GoChris
01-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Don't drive like an asshole and don't get tickets. Stop trying to scam the system.

:drama:

Were you there? Not sure how an illegal u-turn makes you an asshole. You've never done a u-turn before?

ftfy

Toma
01-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Fuck U turn tickets!!

Is this the ONLY place where it's backwards?

Seems a lot of places you can do a U turn UNLESS the sign says you cant,.

Fuck the JP approach. It;s usually faster to just go to court these days.

This way, you get a double bonus if the ticket is bunk, they'll throw it out before the date, or the cop may not show.... they may reduce the ticket, or if you are really clever with your wording, you may get out of it.

ReflexFX
01-10-2011, 12:47 AM
I had the same "hope" as you when I had a ticket 4? years ago for speeding. Missing postal codes dont mean anything. Just go pay the ticket.

trieuth
01-10-2011, 12:59 AM
You can basically do a Uturn anywhere except where there are posted signs and intersections controlled by a set of lights. how hard is that to figure out?

dexlargo
01-10-2011, 09:12 AM
^Not anywhere, it must be at an intersection.

So the ONLY place where you can do a U-turn is at an intersection that doesn't have traffic lights and doesn't have a sign saying that you can't.

nobb
01-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Yup, officer forgot to write the year on a minor speeding ticket once and it got thrown out.

rage2
01-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Actually, the law says that you're only allowed to do a u-turn at uncontrolled intersections. That's intersections without any signage (yield, stop sign, etc) since those are considered controlled intersections as well, not just with lights.

It's such a bullshit law. You literally have to drive deep into communities to legally u-turn lol.

DayGlow
01-10-2011, 09:34 AM
From the Rules Of The Road Regulation:

30 A person driving a vehicle shall not, at the following locations, turn the vehicle so as to travel in the opposite direction:
(a) in the case of an urban area,
(i) on a roadway between intersections,
(ii) at an alley intersection, or
(iii) at an intersection where one or more of the highways is an access to a public or private facility to which the public normally has access;
(b) in the case of an urban area or a non-urban area,
(i) at a place where a sign prohibits making a U‑turn, or
(ii) at an intersection controlled by a traffic control signal unless specifically permitted by a traffic control device.

It specifically states signal so any intersection without lights you can pull a u turn.

speedog
01-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Really. So on Centre Street at 15th Avenue north one can make a u-turn.

rage2
01-10-2011, 09:40 AM
^^ Awesome. I got ticketed and lectured by a cop about 8 years ago explaining that it has to be uncontrolled (no stop or yield signs) off the main road. Didn't even fight it. Feel kinda dumb now haha.

DayGlow
01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
When was the TSA introduced? Could have been written in the old Motor Vehicle Act traffic control device instead of signal, which would mean any sign.

rage2
01-10-2011, 10:57 AM
I have a copy of the old Highway Traffic Act, and it still shows signal.

(3) In an urban area a driver of a vehicle shall not turn that vehicle so as to proceed in the opposite direction
(a) on a roadway between intersections,
(b) at a place where a sign prohibits making a U-turn,
(c) at an intersection controlled by a traffic control signal,
(d) at an alley intersection, or
(e) at any other intersection unless the movement can be made in safety.

Guess I got a shitty ticket. Oh well haha. I'll know next time if I get pulled over for pulling a u-turn.

rx7_turbo2
01-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1

Man it must be nice going through life as a little white sheep! Lol! Let me guess, when you have sex it's missionary only, anything else would be depraved!

Performing a "U" turn makes you an asshole.......Ok......
Officer doesnt fill out a ticket properly and that makes someone a scammer?..........Ok...........

I swear some people will never leave their parents basement, you gotta love the internet some days!!!

Toma
01-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by rage2
^^ Awesome. I got ticketed and lectured by a cop about 8 years ago explaining that it has to be uncontrolled (no stop or yield signs) off the main road. Didn't even fight it. Feel kinda dumb now haha.
Part of the reason I suggest people fight EVERY ticket.

The U turn laws here ARE retarded. I loved the old rule or the ones in the US cities I go to.... U turn at any intersection as long as it doesn't say you can't.

CUG
01-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Fuck U turn tickets!!

Is this the ONLY place where it's backwards?

Fuck the JP approach. It;s usually faster to just go to court these days.

The last ticket I went in for, the copper that issued it drove in from camping in Kananaskis with his family for the court date. The U-turn law is MAJOR bullshit.

ICEBERG
01-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Sorry wrong thread.

alloroc
01-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
Sorry wrong thread.
post removed :)