PDA

View Full Version : How much do shops charge to install springs and do alignment these days?

Canucks3322
01-10-2011, 08:48 PM
It's been about 4 years now since I last brought a vehicle into a shop to install lowering springs and do an alignment....how much do they charge these days?

I got a quote from Lexus of Calgary to lower my IS250 AWD on F-Sport Springs for $818 total...he quoted me 350 for the springs itself...I'd imagine the small independent shops'll be much cheaper?

max_boost
01-10-2011, 08:54 PM
$350 for springs

$468 for install + alignment right?

If that's the case, that sounds about right.

Call Mike at Integra Tire and ask for a quote for install and alignment. 255-5592. Macleod/57th AVE.

Canucks3322
01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
^ cool...yea I just wanted to see if that's a reasonable price for labour from Lexus, if that's the case, I'd rather let them do it....as for Integra Tire, yea that's the place I took my Mazda 3 to back in '07, I just really can't remember how much they charged, they did a good job though, dropped it off and came back a few hours later and they were done:thumbsup:

Disoblige
01-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
$350 for springs

$468 for install + alignment right?

If that's the case, that sounds about right.

Call Mike at Integra Tire and ask for a quote for install and alignment. 255-5592. Macleod/57th AVE.
:thumbsdow

Is $150.00 normal for an alignment on a slightly lowered car? That's what they charged me at the MACLEOD location, and left a stink + dirty seats in my car. I didn't mind the $150.00, it was more of the lack of care to the car's interior.

Dad and I been going to Integra Tire @ Ogden Rd. (for 15 years or so) and service is always friendly, quick, and you don't get smoke smell left in your car. Also alignment is cheaper, and they call BS on charging more for my car since it's not even that lowered.

What is HILARIOUS is that Integra Tire MACLEOD location emphasizes that they lean more towards the "tuner" audience on the website, which basically means (after my experience there) they sell aftermarket wheels and charge me more for an alignment. Nice.

Sorry, I'm not a nit-picker and expect my car to be 100% clean and everything after it's been done, but there was fingerprints on the windows, smears on the seats, side door with handprints of dirt. Like wtf?

Maybe it's because I've been dealing with the Odgen location for so long that they know my Dad and I, but seriously I was left with a terrible impression on the Macleod location.

wintonyk
01-13-2011, 04:53 PM
2 years ago mine was 502 after tax.

333 for labour
100 for alignment
So with your 350 for springs 800 seems about right. This was at stadium nissan.

Rzr_sharp will be the one doing your alignment at lexus btw.