PDA

View Full Version : One day insurance?

Shlade
01-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Where do I go to get one day pass on insurance?

I need to get my car to the shop next month and was wondering if I could just go to the registry and pick up a one day sorta pass to get the car there and back in one day?

Or do I have to call my insurance? The chick I deal with gets along with my parents but seems to hate my guts so im trying to steer away from here till a last resort.

sr20s14zenki
01-11-2011, 02:17 PM
i THINK you can get an intransit sticker...its like 50$ or something. Call a registry. I know when we bought a truck at auction last year, we brought it from rocky to here with an intransit.

rage2
01-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Intransit permits is temporary registration. You need insurance to get an intransit permit. You need both to drive around.

If you've never insured the car before, you can call insurance, tell them you're buying this car, and they'll give you insurance on it. Once you're done, tell them the sale fell through and they'll cancel the policy without charging you. Free. :)

If it's your normal car and you're on vacation insurance for the winter, you can buy day insurance with some places, but it's expensive.

JAYMEZ
01-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Might be easier to just tow it or flat bed it ?

Tik-Tok
01-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Through Meloche, they don't charge me if I only want insurance for a day or two. I just call the day before I need it, and then have to call when I'm done and let them know I didn't get into any accidents or anything.

Originally posted by Shlade

The chick I deal with gets along with my parents but seems to hate my guts so im trying to steer away from here till a last resort.

Does your family use a broker or something? Isn't there someone else at the place you can talk to?

Shlade
01-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Flatbedding it might be a possibility since the shop isnt too far away..

Its for my Mustang so its insured under fire and theft right now since its put away for the winter time. I may have to call and see if I can get the insurance for that one day. If its an arm and a leg for it calling a towtruck like you mentioned Jaymez might be my best option..

FraserB
01-11-2011, 03:01 PM
If you dont have it, sign up for AMA Gold. 5 free 160 km tows, I have used them to get things from a shop to my place and from my place to a shop before. You just have to ask nicely.

charizard
01-11-2011, 03:29 PM
one day insurance is pretty expensive. considering you will have to get insurance + the temporary registration which is like $50 you would probably be better off paying $100 and getting it towed

93VR6
01-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
If you dont have it, sign up for AMA Gold. 5 free 160 km tows, I have used them to get things from a shop to my place and from my place to a shop before. You just have to ask nicely.

tried this once, AMA told me if the car didn't have registration they would not tow it, or charge me an extra 50 to tow it.

cream
01-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Through Meloche, they don't charge me if I only want insurance for a day or two. I just call the day before I need it, and then have to call when I'm done and let them know I didn't get into any accidents or anything.

It's as simple as that? Got a pretty important day coming up, was contemplating bringing my car out of parking completely in Feb..