PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Islamic Blasphemy Law has Christian Girl on Death Row, 2 Others in For Life

CUG
01-12-2011, 04:33 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12169123

This was a father/son muslim duo who was arrested based on sectarian differences. Pretty bloody pathetic.

The pair were found guilty in Punjab province of tearing down a poster of a gathering to mark the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad. They deny blasphemy.

A Christian leader said this was the first time a jail term had been handed down under the blasphemy law, which carries a mandatory death sentence.

A Christian woman is on death row for allegedly insulting Islam.

The conviction of the Muslim father and son on Tuesday was Pakistan's first under its blasphemy law since last week's assassination of Punjab Governor Salman Taseer, who had backed proposed reforms to the legislation. I know I said I wouldn't. My bad.

8| <--- Mohammed. Come and get me.

desi112
01-12-2011, 08:50 AM
fuck these assholes making punjabis look bad too. BTW not all Punjabis and muslims, and I can say tht muslim punjabis are very moderate folks at that.

kevie88
01-12-2011, 08:54 AM
:love::love: Religion is such a beautiful thing! :love: :love:

EK 2.0
01-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by kevie88

Praise tha lawd, praise tha lawd my friend here is right...

CUG
01-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by desi112
fuck these assholes making punjabis look bad too. BTW not all Punjabis and muslims, and I can say tht muslim punjabis are very moderate folks at that. Do you guys really even give a shit if someone draws a picture of Mohammed, or says something mean about religion? Most I've met don't seem like they'd even give a shit at all.

EK 2.0
01-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Desi112 is actually Sikh. Well, I am basing that on his username.

As for Muslims I know, myself included. No, I personally do not care if someone draws a picture of Prophet Muhammad. (That statement can and probably will get me into some trouble with a few Muslims on beyond.) For me it is all about conxtext.

I mean I crack Jesus jokes on the regular. How can I not expect someone to do the same about the Prophet??...

Is Prophet Muhammad "holier" than Jesus??...Sure he is if you believe that. But if you don't then he is just the last Prohpet to over 1 billion Muslims around the world. Yes I do hold the Prophet in very high regard for what he represents to Islam and to myself. But for anyone who is not a part of the Islamic Faith, can I really expect the same??....I don't think that is fair.

DRKM
01-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Don't they know blasphemy is a victimless crime?

sr20s14zenki
01-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by DRKM
Don't they know blasphemy is a victimless crime?

Like punching somebody in the dark.

:bigpimp:

YamahaV8
01-12-2011, 04:14 PM
If this kinda stuff keeps happening the pope is going to call for a good old fashioned crusade :facepalm: Religion isn't the problem it's the people that practice it. If these fucked up people didn't have religion they would just find some other means to justify their idiotic behavior.

EK 2.0
01-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by YamahaV8

If this kinda stuff keeps happening the pope is going to call for a good old fashioned crusade :facepalm: Religion isn't the problem it's the people that practice it. If these fucked up people didn't have religion they would just find some other means to justify their idiotic behavior.

Just remember...During the Crusades the Muslims kicked some mean ass...haha...Like DJ Khaled..."We takin' over"...haha...

But Benjamin Franklin said "If man is so wicked with religion, what would they be without it??"...

DRKM
01-13-2011, 12:41 AM
Religion isn't the problem it's the people that practice it. If these fucked up people didn't have religion they would just find some other means to justify their idiotic behavior.

Thats right lets condone the book that tells them practice these acts.

ekguy
01-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by kevie88

I dunno if my sarcasm detector is broken....But I feel like this was sarcastic hehe.

Seanith
01-13-2011, 11:03 AM

Naw, there's nothing in Pakistan worth Crusading over.

YamahaV8
01-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by DRKM

Thats right lets condone the book that tells them practice these acts.

I'm not condoning the "book", but if you took the book away tomorrow do you think all this shit would all of a sudden stop? I don't think it would. These third world animals would keep acting the same way for some other cause. Don't forget the brutal actions of the Catholic church during the dark ages. These people in the middle east are still stuck in those times where you can murder with no consequences. Sorta like the witch hunts except now it's the christian hunts.

gretz
01-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

Like punching somebody in the dark.

:bigpimp:

lol... or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

911fever
01-13-2011, 04:05 PM
<sarcasm ON>
[||||||||||||||||||LOADING||||||||||||||||]

/blames America somehow for causing Muslims to imprison evil Christians

/<sarcasm OFF>
[SHUTDOWN]

Godfuader
01-13-2011, 05:42 PM

I'm not condoning the &quot;book&quot;, but if you took the book away tomorrow do you think all this shit would all of a sudden stop? I don't think it would. These third world animals would keep acting the same way for some other cause. Don't forget the brutal actions of the Catholic church during the dark ages. These people in the middle east are still stuck in those times where you can murder with no consequences. Sorta like the witch hunts except now it's the christian hunts.
Agreed. I think the blasphemy law is complete bullshit, and the fundamentalist just need an angle to preach ignorance. Its funny that these clerics are never arrested on blasphemy charges, despite what they are doing is far worse than stomping on a poster. What needs to be realized is that whatever the third world animals are doing, the 'first' world animals are just doing the same in a smoke and mirror fashion. It can also be argued that the US is murdering across the world on a daily basis with no consequence. It is true that the one in power need not answer anyone because they are in power, but just because they justify it with a veil of ignorance does not make them any less barbaric than the third world animals.

kevie88
01-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

I dunno if my sarcasm detector is broken....But I feel like this was sarcastic hehe.

;)

desi112
01-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by CUG
Do you guys really even give a shit if someone draws a picture of Mohammed, or says something mean about religion? Most I've met don't seem like they'd even give a shit at all.

I'm not muslim, as EK said i'm from a Sikh familly. (i'm your friend jazzyb)

But if muslims consider it an insult to have their prophets picture drawn I would respect that, much like I my attemp to not use "gods name in vain" infront of my orthodox catholic friends. Its called respect, humans need to convey it for each other.

syeve
01-14-2011, 09:42 AM

But if muslims consider it an insult to have their prophets picture drawn I would respect that, much like I my attemp to not use &quot;gods name in vain&quot; infront of my orthodox catholic friends. Its called respect, humans need to convey it for each other.

So it's kind of like talking about Santa not being real in front of a 5 year old?

ZeeZee
01-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by CUG
Do you guys really even give a shit if someone draws a picture of Mohammed, or says something mean about religion? Most I've met don't seem like they'd even give a shit at all.

Nope... it only becomes a big deal when other Muslims riot in the streets over it.... idiots

ZeeZee
01-14-2011, 10:10 AM
On a related note to the original post. Blasphemy laws directly contradict the Quran.

desi112
01-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by syeve

So it's kind of like talking about Santa not being real in front of a 5 year old?

or it shows how shallow a person you really are.

Do you really feel that you must go out of your way to say something that may hurt someone?

You are COOL

syeve
01-14-2011, 12:47 PM

or it shows how shallow a person you really are.

Do you really feel that you must go out of your way to say something that may hurt someone?

You are COOL

No, I would never tell a 5 year old that Santa isn't real. I entertain adults with the same dilusions.

I generally keep such secrets to myself...it's for the greater good...I mean common, think of the children.

Anyways, back to the thread - it was about a religious blasphemy law that has a girl on death row, let's keep going with that.

Type_S1
01-14-2011, 01:07 PM
More proof Islam has the most fucked up people practicing it in the world.

I was recently in a Religion class at university and had to read the Quran, Bible and Torah in full and honestly all have their flaws but Islam straight out says(even though it contradicts itself many times) that it can punish people for going against Islam...fucked up for holy people? It also in many parts(even though it contradicts itself) says that Muslims should not have a problem with Christian and Jews but with people who do not have religion or polytheists(ex. Punjabs).

Now if I have ever seen a group of people who do not follow what their own "holy" book says it would be crazy fucks like in this article.

Before I used to think muslims were crazy(from my muslim friends)...then I read the books and had a professor talk about beliefs, arguments between religions and stupid practices like this blasphemy law and to be honest we had muslim TA's and a prof. who specializes in western religions and even they say most muslims are out to lunch. The religion and the Quran are definitely flawed as are all other religions but the main problem is the dumb ass people interpreting it.

desi112
01-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1

I was recently in a Religion class at university and had to read the Quran, Bible and Torah in full and honestly all have their flaws but Islam straight out says(even though it contradicts itself many times) that it can punish people for going against Islam...fucked up for holy people? It also in many parts(even though it contradicts itself) says that Muslims should not have a problem with Christian and Jews but with people who do not have religion or polytheists(ex. Punjabs).

Now if I have ever seen a group of people who do not follow what their own &quot;holy&quot; book says it would be crazy fucks like in this article.

Before I used to think muslims were crazy(from my muslim friends)...then I read the books and had a professor talk about beliefs, arguments between religions and stupid practices like this blasphemy law and to be honest we had muslim TA's and a prof. who specializes in western religions and even they say most muslims are out to lunch. The religion and the Quran are definitely flawed as are all other religions but the main problem is the dumb ass people interpreting it.

i think you hit the nail on the head! fucked up group.

EK 2.0
01-14-2011, 01:35 PM

i think you hit the nail on the head! fucked up group.

Not all of us...

desi112
01-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Not all of us...

sorry i meant to say the ones who take it the wrong way...not the whole bunch, i apologize for that.

Godfuader
01-14-2011, 01:55 PM

Now if I have ever seen a group of people who do not follow what their own &quot;holy&quot; book says it would be crazy fucks like in this article.

Your interpretation is hardly "proof" of anything. I would seriously question the quality of education you are receiving when you believe that "Punjabs" is anything. Punjab is a region, Punjabi are the people from that region. On the India side of Punjab the dominant religion is Sikh. On the Pakistan side, Muslim. After taking any type of religion class, if you come out with the belief that any one religion is more fucked up than the other, then you professor has done an awful job as an academic to educate you to understand the material.

Religion is not quantitative, you have to go in with an open mind and understand the meaning and not right vs wrong. Agreed that Muslim leaders tend to have more irrational interpretations, but every religion has their crazies. There is a church that glorifies what happened in Arizona, and are calling the shooter a hero in the eyes of god. Before screaming off your proof from the edge of your soap box, understand that all religions are severely flawed. Just because one is media-sexy does not mean it is the craziest.

desi112
01-14-2011, 02:23 PM

CUG
01-14-2011, 03:13 PM
I take responsibility for the hostile sounding title of this thread, but I wasn't advocating this kind of thing. There are many fucked up Christians. Maybe the doctrines are interpreted differently by bigger groups of islam, but no, they're not all messed up the world through. That's just bad to say. If you're trying to get your digs in while the atmosphere appears to allow for it, please don't.

Type_S1
01-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by CUG
I take responsibility for the hostile sounding title of this thread, but I wasn't advocating this kind of thing. There are many fucked up Christians. Maybe the doctrines are interpreted differently by bigger groups of islam, but no, they're not all messed up the world through. That's just bad to say. If you're trying to get your digs in while the atmosphere appears to allow for it, please don't.

Not get any digs in...I don't have any probems with Islam as a religion...to be honest all western religions are quite similar its just the people practicing that make the difference. There are a lot of messed up christians(the dude burning the Quran), Jews and Muslims...but as far as I can tell a lot more Muslims misinterpret their holy book for their own goals then any other religion. :dunno:

Personally I know Muslims who believe Jihad means to fight a holy war against other religions and non believers I.E. should kill them. Very extremist view that parents put on to them which 99% of muslims wouldn't agree with(I'm hoping). I also know muslims who do believe in god but a lot of the stuff in the Quran they don't take literally...they smoke and drink like everyone else. So who's wrong who's right doesn't matter in my opinion...its the fucked up side of every religion that irritates me and I see a lot more messed up stories coming out of Islam then anything else. I think anyone who does extremist things in the name of any "god" is completely retarded.

I honestly don't practice religion...don't go to church or a temple so :dunno: Just my opinion on people practicing the religion.

mucat
01-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by syeve

Woh woh, hold it right there. What do you mean Santa is not real?

CUG
01-17-2011, 02:30 PM

Personally I know Muslims who believe Jihad means to fight a holy war against other religions and non believers I.E. should kill them. Very extremist view that parents put on to them which 99% of muslims wouldn't agree with(I'm hoping). I also know muslims who do believe in god but a lot of the stuff in the Quran they don't take literally...they smoke and drink like everyone else. So who's wrong who's right doesn't matter in my opinion...its the fucked up side of every religion that irritates me and I see a lot more messed up stories coming out of Islam then anything else. I think anyone who does extremist things in the name of any &quot;god&quot; is completely retarded.

At the core, I believe anyone of a certain faith would, to some degree or another, enjoy the idea of anything that might aid in the dominance of their particular belief system. It's like playing for a hockey team, or cheering for one you want to see win. Elementary for sure, but I see it often, even in moderates, because they can safely revert to fundamentalism if the situation develops to call for it.

I personally won't even go as far as attacking the scripture of Islam; it's their holy book. The Bible has violent passages and contradictory passages as well. Human beings have a role to play here, so in my opinion, it's better to call out the individuals for his or her selfish interpretation of the books.

What's more, what IF islam or catholicism "won"? And why would anyone want to see that happen? The fundamental teachings of either book include personal freedom with adherence to a core set of values that DOES NOT include alienation or persecution.

Because the Westboro BAPTIST Church acts like a bunch of goonish undereducated American filth, does not mean I can say that all Catholics or Anglicans are the same. I don't feel they're even extremists or fundamentalists, because they aren't promoting anything even close to what the book says. Hell, one baptist girl I met stateside was actually seeing a guy who was serving in Iraq, but told me to bring a box of rubbers over. I thought that was pretty callous of her. Needless to say, we didn't meet up at all. Does that mean all baptists are of ill faith? Nope.

I feel the same courtesy should be shown for the Islamic faith, or the Sikh faith.