PDA

View Full Version : anyone use E-cigaretts?

spikerS
01-12-2011, 11:26 AM
I quit smoking 2.5 years ago, and miss it alot. I don't miss the health issues, but I do miss the social aspect, and so much more. I am one of the few people that didn't want to quit, but with my wife and the prospect of a newborn and all that, I did.

So, I have been intorduced to these E-cigs. Apparently they are basically a vaporizer. Put some "juice" in them, and puff away and exhale only water vapour...

anyone have any thoughts or experiences with them?

LadyLuck
01-12-2011, 11:30 AM
If you've been off the smokes for so long why bother to go back to something that reminds you even more of the real deal?

:dunno:

Jlude
01-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
If you've been off the smokes for so long why bother to go back to something that reminds you even more of the real deal?

:dunno:

+1

Tik-Tok
01-12-2011, 11:56 AM
+2

Going to e-cigs will only bring you back to smoking real ones eventually.

Whatever floats your boat though, if you miss it that much, why not just start smoking again. :dunno:

spikerS
01-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
+2

Going to e-cigs will only bring you back to smoking real ones eventually.

Whatever floats your boat though, if you miss it that much, why not just start smoking again. :dunno:

I don't want to go back to smoking the real deal. they cost too much, and all the health side effects don't interest me. But, for me, smoking was never an addiction. It was something I truely enjoyed doing. I guess it is hard to understand, but for me, it was great. I don't know, I can't explain it.

jjmac
01-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Not worth it to be honest.

Had one of these early last year, bought it at Sunridge Mall.

Came with the the vaporizer and 2 refills. I believe I spent close to $100. Then you'd have to keep buying the refills, they ranged from $20-$50, depending on the flavor for a 3 pack.

Probably used it for a month and went back to regular cigarettes.

I agree with you in regards to the social aspect, it's pretty much the reason why I smoke now, to mingle with my co-workers and friends during breaks/lunch etc...

But my advice, don't buy it.

ByTeMe
01-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Just go outside and hang out with your smoking buddies. No need to smoke.

zipdoa
01-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ByTeMe
Just go outside and hang out with your smoking buddies. No need to smoke.

This.

All my co-workers smoke. If I'm really desperate to interact, I'll go out with them. However, I can usually survive the 5 minutes of isolation and return to socializing once they finish their smokes.

To be honest, using socializing as an excuse to 'enjoy' cigarettes is a cop-out. The only advantage to smoking is that you are forced to ask people for a light or a cigarette - without the habit you might not have talked to that person in the first place! You essentially have a reason to break the ice, but is that really so hard to do without a cancer stick?

Tik-Tok
01-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

You essentially have a reason to break the ice, but is that really so hard to do without a cancer stick?

Lol, I just remember all the people begging cigs in the bar, back when I smoked.

A friend used to make girls bark like a dog for one :rofl: Now THAT'S breaking the ice. :D

phreezee
01-12-2011, 03:33 PM
They are $9 on dealextreme, so go ahead and try it at minimal cost.

turbotrip
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by spikers

I don't want to go back to smoking the real deal. they cost too much

im pretty sure these vapor ones are a lot more expensive

TYPERAWR
01-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Iv had one along with many people I know. Basicly 8 of us bought the e cigz. It was fine for about a month then it started to taste funny and upset my stomic after a while. Other friends of mine had the same symptoms. Eventually we all gave up the e cigz and started to smoke again.
I wouldent buy one again.

Tik-Tok
01-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by spikers

I don't want to go back to smoking the real deal. they cost too much, and all the health side effects don't interest me. But, for me, smoking was never an addiction. It was something I truely enjoyed doing. I guess it is hard to understand, but for me, it was great. I don't know, I can't explain it.

Have you considered cigar's instead? Great for social occasions, taste awesome, and not addicitve (for me anyways)

I haven't smoked cigarette's in 10 years, but man I love a good cigar.

J-hop
01-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Have you considered cigar's instead? Great for social occasions, taste awesome, and not addicitve (for me anyways)

I haven't smoked cigarette's in 10 years, but man I love a good cigar.

LOL at someone busting out a cuban at smoke break.

Depends where you work, but smoke breaks seem to be less and less a social aspect. Especially in office jobs, no one likes a guy who comes back from a break and stinks up the office....