PDA

View Full Version : Wesley SNipes 3 years jail for tax evasion

Toma
01-12-2011, 03:04 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11963872

lol....

tsk tsk, no tax return filed for 5 years, after making 37 million lol.

GQBalla
01-12-2011, 03:12 PM
damn, no more blade than?

eglove
01-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Better hope there's no vampire wannabes in prison. Lol

max_boost
01-12-2011, 03:17 PM
I don't get it. Someone as high profile as him trying to evade taxes. LOL.

:eek: :nut: :dunno:

Shlade
01-12-2011, 03:17 PM
wtf didnt he go to jail for this a while ago?

Skyline_Addict
01-12-2011, 03:20 PM
again? he owns vampires but not his taxes. he owes those.

GOnSHO
01-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
wtf didnt he go to jail for this a while ago?

says in the article he has been out on bail while a new appeal was being prepared

Supa Dexta
01-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Should take the fight with rogan!. ha

Feruk
01-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Friday night just became "rape Blade" night at some prison

rage2
01-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I don't get it. Someone as high profile as him trying to evade taxes. LOL.
He joined one of those off the grid dont pay taxes club, followed their advice, and got fucked.

dandia89
01-12-2011, 09:17 PM
looks like he canceled that tax return like nino

SJW
01-12-2011, 09:35 PM
He's ok in jail. He's decided to wear disguise.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7wMW3JDiSzg/SZsqJCXtmuI/AAAAAAAAATQ/Ux_n8MCLqAk/s400/to-wong-foo-.jpg

ZenOps
01-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Google only pays 2.4% tax legally. Snipes got burnt, individuals rarely get tax shelters like that. Steve Jobs is Apple, and he pays taxes on a single dollar of salary that he pays to himself each year.

TomcoPDR
01-12-2011, 11:22 PM
I wonder what he'll do when he gets outta jail?

http://www.hollywoodmegastore.com/Images/1172_Wesley_Snipes_Color_Movie_Still.jpg

DRKM
01-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Google only pays 2.4% tax legally.

Google pays 2.4% tax on income they bring in from over seas. Very different from the profit they make in the US.

ZenOps
01-13-2011, 01:01 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-21/google-2-4-rate-shows-how-60-billion-u-s-revenue-lost-to-tax-loopholes.html

Oh, its US money allright... But just like using gold bullion, you can shift it anywhere if you know what to do.

Google is not tied to any one currency - which makes things much easier. In fact - I think I'd prefer and trust Googlebucks or PayPalbucks, to Electronic US dollars anyhow.

IMO, the US electronic dollar has already lost as the main currency of the internet. But thats a completely different topic. Gold Backed Paypal dollars would crush the US dollar in internet commerce anyday.

syritis
01-13-2011, 04:10 AM
didn't he go to jail for tax evasion like 3 years ago?

rage2
01-13-2011, 08:26 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-21/google-2-4-rate-shows-how-60-billion-u-s-revenue-lost-to-tax-loopholes.html

Oh, its US money allright... But just like using gold bullion, you can shift it anywhere if you know what to do.

Google is not tied to any one currency - which makes things much easier. In fact - I think I'd prefer and trust Googlebucks or PayPalbucks, to Electronic US dollars anyhow.

IMO, the US electronic dollar has already lost as the main currency of the internet. But thats a completely different topic. Gold Backed Paypal dollars would crush the US dollar in internet commerce anyday.
Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.

Google Inc. cut its taxes by $3.1 billion in the last three years using a technique that moves most of its foreign profits through Ireland and the Netherlands to Bermuda.

Google’s income shifting -- involving strategies known to lawyers as the “Double Irish” and the “Dutch Sandwich” -- helped reduce its overseas tax rate to 2.4 percent, the lowest of the top five U.S. technology companies by market capitalization, according to regulatory filings in six countries.

E36M3
01-13-2011, 08:41 AM
I am shocked that some of these morons know how to operate a web browser.. maybe reading is a bit advanced for them.

Originally posted by rage2

ZenOps
01-13-2011, 09:20 AM

Every country is considered foreign to Google (including the US) "Foreign" in the article only applies to one tax shelter - Ireland. When the US is foreign, it means you might have to pay 1% more somewhere else.

All countries that are not US are transferred to Ireland. All countries that are eurozone are transferred to the Cayman Islands. Etc, etc.. I think that Google tries for 3% on US holdings, and 2% on others (which averages out to be about 2.4%) Lichtenstien, Macau, they all are useful for getting under 10%.

Does that make more sense now? Google does pay a small "penance" to the US as a show of fealty - but the US govt also loses a ton of money to corporate welfare.

Its like buying booze in Alberta, but selling it in other provinces, except on a much larger scale to avoid 30%+ tax always. Since currency is electronic you aren't even wasting gas in the transport.

PS: Which really doesn't piss of the US treasury much, because if the US gets a $60Billion electronic bill from Google for services, they simply "QE" and pay it off with a keyboard stroke. In Canada with Commonwealth Imperial Banking - we cannot do that.

Add: Snipes can't get away with it because as an individual (and not a corporation) most countries have a stipulation that you *must* pay taxes in the country where you spend the most time living (183 days or so) Unless you convert to gold bulllion, which is internationally accepted as being tax exempt, even in Canada. Unless the goverment allows for paying in gold and silver, which means you would have to physically cut a percentage off of your gold bars every year and pay.

rage2
01-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Every country is considered foreign to Google (including the US)

All countries that are not US are transferred to Ireland. All countries that are eurozone are transferred to the Cayman Islands. Etc, etc.. I think that Google tries for 3% on US holdings, and 2% on others (which averages out to be about 2.4%)

Does that make more sense now? Google does pay a small "penance" to the US as a show of fealty - but the US govt also loses a ton of money to corporate welfare.

Its like buying booze in Alberta, but selling it in other provinces, except on a much larger scale to avoid 30%+ tax always. Since currency is electronic you aren't even wasting gas in the transport.
Yea, you have absolutely no idea what's going on. I dunno why I keep getting suckered into responding.

US tax rates are at 35%. If all sales went through the US office, they would be paying 35% tax. With this tax loophole, they funnel all overseas profits (that means over the sea, doesn't include Canada, US) to Google Ireland Ltd. Money gets shuffled back to Google Ireland Holdings in Bermuda via royalties, and at the end, all overseas profits is taxed at 2.4%. Follow me so far? No? Let's sum it up:

On all North American profit, it's taxed at the US 35%. On all overseas profits, it's taxed at 2.4%.

Got it? Now put it all together, and you have an effective rate of 22% globally. Don't believe me? It's in your article if you learned how to read.

International income-shifting, which helped cut Google’s overall effective tax rate to 22.2 percent last year, shows one way that loopholes undermine that top U.S. rate.

ipeefreely
01-13-2011, 10:21 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :nut:

rinny
01-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Its cuz he's black.

911fever
01-13-2011, 04:19 PM
zenops got pwned haha wow he doesn't even read his links?

rage2
01-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Nope, he just reads the titles, makes things up, and thinks there's a conspiracy.

tictactoe2004
01-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Nope, he just reads the titles, makes things up, and thinks there's a conspiracy.

lol

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/wtfimnameless/conspiracy.jpg