PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Canada

Zephyr
01-13-2011, 02:02 PM
http://www.680news.com/news/national/article/168566--toronto-radio-host-persuades-u-s-church-to-cancel-u-s-funeral-protest

TORONTO - Members of a radical Kansas church have cancelled plans to picket the funeral of a nine-year-old girl killed in a shooting rampage in Arizona, after being promised a live interview on a Toronto radio station. Dean Blundell, a controversial morning show host on rock radio station 102.1 The Edge, said he brokered the deal with Shirley Phelps-Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church in an effort to prevent further suffering for the victim's family.

:clap: :clap:

desi112
01-13-2011, 02:08 PM
why did he/she want to picket the funeral in the first place?

LadyLuck
01-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by desi112

The church had previously planned to picket Green's funeral on Thursday, saying the Arizona shooter had been sent by God to punish sinners in the country.

from OP's link

Quiet10
01-13-2011, 02:19 PM

In the article it claims their "church" believes that God sent the shooter to punish sinners in the world.

:thumbsdow

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Sigh. That's pretty disappointing. Good on the radio host, but I feel sorry for him for having to deal with them now on live radio.

desi112
01-13-2011, 02:26 PM
good on the radio host!

that is the dumbest church ever..... terrorist christians

kertejud2
01-13-2011, 02:32 PM

They picket most funerals. I.e. dead troops coming home (God killed them because they were sinners, that sort of thing).

JfuckinC
01-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
Sigh. That's pretty disappointing. Good on the radio host, but I feel sorry for him for having to deal with them now on live radio.

If it was in calgary i'd go stage protest where they were getting interviewed, and hopefully enough people showed up we could start a stampede and accidentally trample these people :dunno:

HyperZell
01-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

If it was in calgary i'd go stage protest where they were getting interviewed, and hopefully enough people showed up we could start a stampede and accidentally trample these people :dunno:

Or you could just go and shoot them while claiming to be sent by God, for maximum irony.

Idratherbsidewayz
01-13-2011, 03:30 PM
They are going to get RIPPED apart. The Dean Blundell show is hilarious...

NoSup4U
01-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Arizona has already passed an emergency bill banning protests within 300 feet of a funeral, just so they can not come near this little girls funeral. Sorry to say, but they are helping their cause by giving her the air time. I just hope they rip them apart.

baygirl
01-13-2011, 10:45 PM
This is the same group of morons who were going to protest at the funeral of Tim Mclean, the victim in the greyhound beheading. They were blocked at the border:

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20080807/funeral_protest_080807/

Iceman_19
01-14-2011, 04:45 AM
I watched a documentary on them, they are all straight mind fucked. Well, I shouldnt say that. There are a few in the family that, if they had the chance, looks like they would LOVE to get the fuck out of their family, but can't because they are stuck.

A790
01-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by NoSup4U
Arizona has already passed an emergency bill banning protests within 300 feet of a funeral, just so they can not come near this little girls funeral. Sorry to say, but they are helping their cause by giving her the air time. I just hope they rip them apart.
Oh trust me, they aren't giving her any airtrime. Dean Blundell is going to rip her to shreads hahahahaha. His morning show is a shenanigan... used to love listening to it.

kertejud2
01-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Iceman_19
I watched a documentary on them, they are all straight mind fucked. Well, I shouldnt say that. There are a few in the family that, if they had the chance, looks like they would LOVE to get the fuck out of their family, but can't because they are stuck.

Was that the one with that British guy (forget his name), "the Most Hated Family in America" or something like that?

desi112
01-14-2011, 09:10 AM
fuck these fags they should go back to where they came from.

SKR
01-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by A790

Oh trust me, they aren't giving her any airtrime. Dean Blundell is going to rip her to shreads hahahahaha. His morning show is a shenanigan... used to love listening to it.

I've never heard of the guy, but I doubt very much he's going to rip her to shreds. You can't argue with crazy, and he'll run out of steam before she will.

The best you can do I think is just let the crazy come out and act like you're going along with it. Here's a clip from an interview on the Ron & Fez show. Ron's dry sense of humor plays well against her. You might really have to be familiar with the show to enjoy it but here it is.

HH_w6bqulS0

911fever
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Dean Blundell is unreal. Great show haha

Godfuader
01-16-2011, 09:23 PM
fuck these fags they should go back to where they came from.
Doesn't work that way champ. Christian crazies are on a one-off. Now Muzlums, we can safely group single crazies as representatives of the entire clan. :thumbsup:

st184
01-17-2011, 03:51 PM
^ :facepalm: Westboro Baptist Church is a hate group masquerading as a Christian church you knob. They are just trying to deface real Christians and troll people into hating the institution.

Iceman_19
01-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by kertejud2

Was that the one with that British guy (forget his name), "the Most Hated Family in America" or something like that?

Yeah I think that was the one.

CUG
01-20-2011, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by st184
^ :facepalm: Westboro Baptist Church is a hate group masquerading as a Christian church you knob. They are just trying to deface real Christians and troll people into hating the institution. Don't bait it. I've read the bible, and well, if you listen to the woman in the radio show, she's not even interpreting anything, she's promoting her own edicts. It almost seems put on, just so that people like GodFuader, who most certainly didn't attend any post-secondary institution, have an "out" in discussions like this.

Moreover, she's denouncing the pope and the entire church, of which she is not a part, in turn denouncing any ties to Catholicism. So, suffice to say she fully admits she speaks only on the behalf of baptists.

Notice how the gentleman you quoted is unwilling to make an admission of contempt for some of the established Islamic practices? You're witnessing a common M.O. of a defeated person. These are issues that Muslim members on this board have themselves called out as absurd, much like Christian members here decried the sexual assaults and pedophilia. Another symbol of defeat comes in the form of unwillingness to answer to rebuttals that have effectively closed the door on a really bad or uninformed position.

911fever
01-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by CUG
Don't bait it. I've read the bible, and well, if you listen to the woman in the radio show, she's not even interpreting anything, she's promoting her own edicts. It almost seems put on, just so that people like GodFuader, who most certainly didn't attend any post-secondary institution, have an "out" in discussions like this.

Moreover, she's denouncing the pope and the entire church, of which she is not a part, in turn denouncing any ties to Catholicism. So, suffice to say she fully admits she speaks only on the behalf of baptists.

Notice how the gentleman you quoted is unwilling to make an admission of contempt for some of the established Islamic practices? You're witnessing a common M.O. of a defeated person. These are issues that Muslim members on this board have themselves called out as absurd, much like Christian members here decried the sexual assaults and pedophilia. Another symbol of defeat comes in the form of unwillingness to answer to rebuttals that have effectively closed the door on a really bad or uninformed position.

did you turn neo-con in the past month? You're my new favorite beyond member

kertejud2
01-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by CUG

All the Christian sects effectively reject each other and promote their own teachings as the true voice of Christianity, so this is a moot point.