PDA

View Full Version : New Zodiac Sign Dates

LadyLuck
01-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Interesting, and a new sign added as well.

Im staying Gemini :D

New Zodiac Sign Dates: Well actually they are not all that new, the process of the Zodiac Sign Dates changing has been happening for thousands of years and will continue to do so.

Earlier today Astronomer Parke Kunkle let it be known how the Astrologers have been getting their dates wrong on the Zodiac for so long. However, I can’t help but feel he is wasting his breath. The Astrology world tends to give little notice to what Astronomers have to say. One of the most famous amateur astronomers on the planet, Sir Patrick Moore, 87, has mentioned the Zodiac alignment shift on more than one occasion on TV. In fact the first time I can remember him discussing it was over 15 years ago on his popular TV show “The Sky at Night”. If the Astrology world won’t listen to an Astronomer of his caliber, they are not likely to listen to anyone else.

So why exactly have the Zodiac Signs been changing? Well it is all to do with the Earths tilt. The Earth basically wobbles on it axis, which of course changes the alignment. When Astrology first started around 3 thousand years ago, the stars were in a different position then. The Zodiac Signs are out by around 1 month. So if you are into Astrology, here are the actual signs and dates you may wish to follow, given the current alignment;

Capricorn: Jan. 20 – Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 – March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20

SOURCE (http://www.worldnewsinsight.com/new-zodiac-sign-dates-are-not-really-new/4037/)

kvg
01-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Oh no I've been living my life based on the wrong zodiac sign. LOL:nut:

EK 2.0
01-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Fuck that...

I am no Capricorn...I am an Aquarius...

gretz
01-13-2011, 04:17 PM
fuck that noise...

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Thats gay as hell.

Everlast
01-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Scorpios only get 1 week haha

syeve
01-13-2011, 04:29 PM
It started 3000 years ago and should have ended 3000 years ago.

gretz
01-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Its going to be funny... the people that have tattoos of their sign...

JfuckinC
01-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by gretz
Its going to be funny... the people that have tattoos of their sign...

hahaha
fuckin women.
There's like 20 status' on facebook bitching about this... like seriously? that's what's important in your life? fuckkk :facepalm:

ArjayAquino
01-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Looks like we won't need to Rage.

LINK (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blog-post/2011/01/new_zodiac_sign_dates_dont_swi.html)

reese
01-13-2011, 04:51 PM
the dates doesnt even make sense as it overlaps, I guess you get to pick your own if your bday fall at those dates.

kertejud2
01-13-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't mean to be "that guy," but its not the astrologers who have changed anything, this is an astronomer telling astrologers what they should follow if they were serious about this hokum.

Tomaz
01-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Well, that's just false! I will be Gemini forever and always. I will not assimilate to Taurus!!!! lol

This just in: Zodiac signs are useless. :D

JfuckinC
01-13-2011, 04:57 PM
i wont lie, with my old sign, my horoscope came true today :rofl:

"Doubts about business and financial matters might weigh on your mind now, Libra, so much so that they invade your dreams. The dreams are only a reflection of your worries - they aren't prophetic. Your situation is probably better than it seems on the surface. Lack of information clouds the issue. Check the facts and judge them for yourself before making yourself crazy."

I totally thought i owed WCB mad cash cause i havent paid in a while and i moved and iddnt change my address with them. I phoned them and they said i didnt owe anything cause my account never even go started or some random shit :rofl:

kertejud2
01-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Well, that's just false! I will be Gemini forever and always. I will not assimilate to Taurus!!!! lol

I dunno, I kind of like the change: I've gone from being selfish and quick-tempered to being selfless and compassionate.

Idratherbsidewayz
01-13-2011, 05:04 PM

Agreeed, fuck Taurus!

Twin-friends of mine both got Gemini tramp-stamped a while ago... LOL Astronomically-pwned.

GQBalla
01-13-2011, 05:46 PM

Truestory!

ahaha

InLoveWitRSX
01-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Only applies to people born 2009 or later supposidly.

403Gemini
01-13-2011, 06:42 PM

:werd:

Fucking Taurus ;)

Cos
01-13-2011, 06:55 PM
WTF I am no longer a Cancer...... what am I going to do about my tattoo?!!??!?

adam c
01-13-2011, 07:37 PM
gay, moved to gemini

95teetee
01-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Cos
WTF I am no longer a Cancer...... what am I going to do about my tattoo?!!??!? they're trying to change me from an Aries to a Pisces.

From a Ram to a fish?
Fuck that.

tbomb
01-13-2011, 09:33 PM
lol who cares?

BokCh0y
01-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Fucking mother whore!!!! I'm no longer a sagaitarius. I'm that one that starts with an O now. Gay.

FraserB
01-13-2011, 10:18 PM
I moved my birthday back a week, I am still a Scorpio. Not some gay ass Libra

Supa Dexta
01-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
I totally thought i owed WCB mad cash cause i havent paid in a while and i moved and iddnt change my address with them. I phoned them and they said i didnt owe anything cause my account never even go started or some random shit :rofl:

Yeah they just close your account if you dont pay for a while.. then you call to start it back up.. And only pay the remainder of the yr.. :rofl: They also charge interest for months and months of outstanding balance. But its peanuts.

derpderp
01-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Now that I'm no longer a Scorpio I decided I don't care about the Zodiac even more.

CUG
01-13-2011, 10:42 PM
This is so ridiculous. My astronomy prof explained this to us a year ago. This has been available information for a LONG ASS TIME.

Supa Dexta
01-13-2011, 10:57 PM
http://officeforward.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/super-cool-story-bro.png

Zephyr
01-13-2011, 11:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus

So instead of shooting arrows now, I tear snakes into half....sweeeeettt.

Tram Common
01-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by CUG
This is so ridiculous. My astronomy prof explained this to us a year ago. This has been available information for a LONG ASS TIME.

Prof. Lovatt?

Ya, this is not new news. If I remember my astronomy/astrology correctly this has to do with the precession of the equinoxes.

syritis
01-14-2011, 03:02 AM
sweet.... i went from the son of zeus, to some half drowned mode of transportation!?!?!?

Iceman_19
01-14-2011, 05:24 AM
I have always somewhat believed in this stuff, as whenever I read about my sign, its close to bang on what I am like as a person.

Also, as someone mentioned, this apparently only applies to people born 2009 or later. So 0-2 year olds.

Tram Common
01-14-2011, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Iceman_19
I have always somewhat believed in this stuff, as whenever I read about my sign, its close to bang on what I am like as a person.

Also, as someone mentioned, this apparently only applies to people born 2009 or later. So 0-2 year olds.

Actually, because there is still no certainty regarding the length of time a precession actually takes, that's not entirely certain or necessarily true.

Dj_Stylz
01-14-2011, 07:23 AM
"One side of the argument seems to be that since Ophiuchus has only been visible on the horizon since 2009, the new Zodiac Sign dates only affects those born after 2009 "

kertejud2
01-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Iceman_19

Depends on what horoscopes you're using, I like mine to be specific:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/your-horoscopes-week-of-january-11-2011,18776/

* Aries After three exhausting weeks, you'll be embarrassed and infuriated to learn that the Marine Corps motto is not in fact "Semper Fellatio."
* Taurus God will sincerely apologize to the rest of the hemisphere this week, explaining the snowstorms were the only way to prevent you from wearing those awful sandals.
* Gemini You'll finally start to get calls about that invisible hovercraft you have for sale when the CIA declassifies thousands of previously classified ads.
* Cancer Traveling the world for five years certainly taught you things you'd never have learned otherwise, but you wish someone had told you the hot dog was on a string tied to a stick on your hat.
* Leo Birthday parties have been ruined in some strange ways over the years, but no one will ever top the sick shit you're going to pull next Thursday.
* Virgo You're not the kind of person who likes to ask for help, but for Christ's sake, that's an overturned city bus you're trapped under.
* Libra Seriously, almost everyone these days knows that the whale is a mammal and not a fish, and therefore those guys aren't sleeping with you for your brains.
* Scorpio People born under your sign are tough but fair, gruff but lovable, and faithful to a fault, but the stars refuse to take responsibility for you huffing all that paint thinner.
* Sagittarius You're certainly the kind of person no one likes to fuck with. Or make out with, hold hands with, or even hug, for that matter.
* Capricorn To his credit, the coroner will apologize to your family, but he'll be forced to admit that "Rectum? Damn thing killed him!" was appropriate considering the circumstances.
* Aquarius Love will be everywhere this week, leaving you nowhere to hide when it gets violent and ugly the way it always does.
* Pisces You're getting better at figuring out what your dreams really mean. However, all that stuff that happens when you're awake is still pretty baffling.

n1zm0
01-14-2011, 09:35 AM
meh, who actually lives according to their short-term horoscopes besides stay at home moms who have time to read that stuff.

i want to know, how do all these so called 'psychics' in the back of the newspapers predict that 'today you will meet a person, be nice to him/her because they will give you joy' or w/e tf.

and side note, if it changes, instead of classy weigh scales im now a virgin maiden :guns: :guns:

in other news, pluto isn't a planet:

http://www.geekologie.com/2010/03/11/pluto.jpg

http://www.geekologie.com/2010/03/kids_complain_about_plutos_dec.php

Tik-Tok
01-14-2011, 10:29 AM
So is Ford going to rename the Taurus into a Ford Gemini?

Feruk
01-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Leo to... Leo! I guess that means I don't have to get my massive forehead tatoo removed! :nut:

kertejud2
01-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
[B]
i want to know, how do all these so called 'psychics' in the back of the newspapers predict that 'today you will meet a person, be nice to him/her because they will give you joy' or w/e tf.

They cut open a sheep and look at its entrails, duh! Don't you know anything about science?

K3RMiTdot
01-14-2011, 08:14 PM
stupid

J-hop
01-14-2011, 09:02 PM
bahahhaha, this is awesome. So many fail status updates on my facebook news feed right now. should have thought before getting a tattoo of your sign......

89s1
01-14-2011, 09:11 PM
My personality matches scorpio pretty damn good, this is all horseshit, I'm no virgo.

speedog
01-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2
They cut open a sheep and look at its entrails, duh! Don't you know anything about science? Hilarious.