PDA

View Full Version : COP Speed Camera

2BLUE
01-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Don't pay speeding tickets if your from the USA visiting Canada.

Stealth22
01-13-2011, 10:32 PM
I once heard about a lady who got nailed by the speed on green camera at 14th St and Northmount, and then got nailed AGAIN by a photo radar van parked 500m down the road. Yes, two tickets in the span of about a minute, on the same road.

Far as I know, she still had to pay.

J-hop
01-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE
Went for a drive to banff and ran home forgetting something and got one ticket then coming home i got another. Not knowing there was cameras there i got my mail today with 2 tickers costing $640.00

My dam 9500ix never even picked it up.

What are my options here? I can't dispute them but can i get them lowered? If so do i do this at the new court house?

is this right at the 90 zone? I always wondered why people would blow by me when I slowed to 90. I always assumed there was a camera somewhere around there and didn't understand why people felt the need to ride my tail then rip around me just because I wanted to avoid a ticket.

2BLUE
01-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Its 80kph there.

J-hop
01-13-2011, 10:47 PM
oh yea, probably is, all I know is I see the sign and slow down while people rip past me

2BLUE
01-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Can you get these kinda tickets reduced??

Team_Mclaren
01-13-2011, 11:00 PM
is it the red light cam by shell?

you 9500ix wont pick it up its not radar, and how fast were you going to get a ticket for 320?

TYMSMNY
01-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
is it the red light cam by shell?

you 9500ix wont pick it up its not radar, and how fast were you going to get a ticket for 320?

It should pick it up as it's got GPS on it. Either the camera is extremely new and it hasn't been updated as a speedcam spot yet or it wasn't on.

I'll make a run by there tomorrow and check it out with the same detector.

95EagleAWD
01-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Speed cameras (like the red light kind) don't use radar, they use magnetic loops in the pavement, so your radar detector won't pick them up.

2BLUE
01-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
Speed cameras (like the red light kind) don't use radar, they use magnetic loops in the pavement, so your radar detector won't pick them up.

I didn't know this.

Now can i get these ticket reduced?

In one of the tickets theres a picture with my vehicle and another vehicle in the same lane so i thought i could fight it if its radar.

FraserB
01-13-2011, 11:25 PM

I didn't know this.

Now can i get these ticket reduced?

In one of the tickets theres a picture with my vehicle and another vehicle in the same lane so i thought i could fight it if its radar.

Won't matter. If you look at the top it will have a speed and a lane number. The cameras can discriminate between lanes when taking speed measurements.

You can probably get it reduced by just showing up and saying sorry and asking.

2BLUE
01-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Won't matter. If you look at the top it will have a speed and a lane number. The cameras can discriminate between lanes when taking speed measurements.

You can probably get it reduced by just showing up and saying sorry and asking.

We are in the same lane within a couple vehicles a part.

Kittens11
01-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

The 9500ix is not just a radar detector, it has built in gps and a memory that is loaded with red light cameras and speed camera locations so it can still alert you. For the future 2blue that detector can be updated on passports website with all the new camera locations.

Cos
01-13-2011, 11:33 PM
So how fast WERE you going to have $640 in tickets?

2BLUE
01-13-2011, 11:33 PM
I know it has GPS it never alerted me.

Time for update i guess.

2BLUE
01-13-2011, 11:41 PM
What in the future can i do to block out the plate???

I know theres such products using electricity.

Anyone have a clue what there called?

J-hop
01-13-2011, 11:42 PM
lol don't speed? I think the only thing that truly works to block out a license plate is something covering it! but GL driving around town like that.

uptown.
01-14-2011, 12:08 AM
i got caught by a speed cam going 22 km/h over but my ticket was only $116

ryder_23
01-14-2011, 12:09 AM
How fast were you going? Then I'll share a secret of how to prevent this.

01RedDX
01-14-2011, 12:12 AM

Cos
01-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by uptown.
i got caught by a speed cam going 22 km/h over but my ticket was only $116

Holy F. So somewhere in the neighborhood of 110 to 130 is realistic hey?

2BLUE
01-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Looks like Priva-Plate is my friend!!!

Hides the plate.

Your advice would be not to speed 40+ over.

sjaswal
01-14-2011, 12:19 AM
my guess is about 46km/h over each time

2BLUE
01-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Done!

Ordered 4 products that should take care of this issue.

FraserB
01-14-2011, 11:58 AM
You realize that it is illegal in Alberta to install or have installed any device the obscures a license plate right?

If you get stopped and they see it, the can ticket you for each one and even have the vehicle towed I believe. The simple solution to this is not to speed or if you still want to go fast, don't speed through intersections with cameras.

rage2
01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22
I once heard about a lady who got nailed by the speed on green camera at 14th St and Northmount, and then got nailed AGAIN by a photo radar van parked 500m down the road. Yes, two tickets in the span of about a minute, on the same road.

Far as I know, she still had to pay.
I actually remember this article in the Herald. She actually went through a multinova, then got stopped a block away and got a ticket from a cop behind a radar gun. Both the cop and the multinova contractor had no idea they were both there.

Once it got in the papers, they tossed out the cop's ticket, so she only had to pay the multinova one, no demerits.

Type_S1
01-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Went for a drive to banff and ran home forgetting something and got one ticket then coming home i got another. Not knowing there was cameras there i got my mail today with 2 tickers costing $640.00

My dam 9500ix never even picked it up.

What are my options here? I can't dispute them but can i get them lowered? If so do i do this at the new court house?

How would you get them reduced? You WERE speeding and that is what the judge will say.

What's the saying? Fool me once...You an asshole...fool me twice...:rofl:

I wouldn't even bother trying to fight them if they are speed camera's they won't do anything for you... at least you did not get demerits.

2BLUE
01-14-2011, 12:22 PM
I think they will reduce them.

I know about covering the plate is illegal with spray or whatever.

I'm talking about making my plate disappear.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Making your plate disappear is still going to be illegal.

2BLUE
01-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Everything in this world is illegal.

J-hop
01-14-2011, 03:29 PM
haha, yea dude, and think about it, if a cop can easily see that your little tiny registration sticker hasn't been updated they will certainly pick out a blocked license plate.

I've been using a pretty good method for a while now, zero tickets and don't have to block your license plate

ExtraSlow
01-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Everything in this world is illegal. Even speeding, it's so unfair.

Isaiah
01-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1

How would you get them reduced? You WERE speeding and that is what the judge will say. get demerits.
False. They will reduce them if you ask. I went in as an agent for somebody else and had 3 speed-on-green tickets reduced simultaneously to half the speed. It knocked about $250 off the fines.

Tomaz
01-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Wow. So we are estimating 40km/h + speeding. Then bitching about getting caught. Now planning to use every illegal means to prevent being caught again.

I cant wait to see you get fucked by the long dick of the law.

leftwing
01-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Making your plate disappear is still going to be illegal.

this made me laugh haha

love how opposed OP is to not speeding. Finding all sorts of ways to get around it. Might be able to get it reduced, but as it looks you were caught by a camera both time, not really any discretion there.

zipdoa
01-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by J-hop
haha, yea dude, and think about it, if a cop can easily see that your little tiny registration sticker hasn't been updated they will certainly pick out a blocked license plate.

I've been using a pretty good method for a while now, zero tickets and don't have to block your license plate

:rofl:

I've been taking cues from these rather visible black and white signs on the side of the road.

Strider
01-14-2011, 05:37 PM

Yup. Just walk in and tell the judge it's downright unfair that with your top of the line laser jammer and radar detector you still got caught speeding. Make sure you also mention that you'll continue to drive recklessly and that you plan to illegally obstruct your license plate to ensure it doesn't happen again.
:rolleyes:

relyt92
01-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Cos
So how fast WERE you going to have $640 in tickets? The maximum fine from one of these cameras is $351, so he would have to be going pretty damn fast to have 2 tickets for $320 each.

FraserB
01-15-2011, 02:29 AM
Someone goofed in Edmonton, all speed on green shut down for now due to unverifiable nature of tickets.

http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/News/MediaReleases/Several%20Intersection%20Safety%20Camera%20speeding%20tickets%20cancelled.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Squishy
01-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Everything in this world is illegal. :cry: :cry:

bjstare
01-15-2011, 05:31 PM
OP, there's a company out of Vegas (I think) that uses the same technology as that privaplate company as well...so you might be able to get ahold of it easier.

Either way, you might want to consider how it works. You have to activate it via a switch (or button, w/e)... so unless you plan to drive around all day with an obscured plate, you have to know when to activate it. Clearly, you can't figure out where the speed cameras are, so what the hell kind of benefits will a plate hider have if you don't know when to use it? :rolleyes:

2BLUE
01-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Detector alerts to speed camera and triggers switch.

Cos
01-15-2011, 06:22 PM
you seem to be missing the point. Instead of elaborate systems using radar detectors and plate blocking systems. Why dont you STOP SPEEDING. Like a douche.

Or if you must speed just accept you are going to get some tickets? The whole system you are talking about wouldnt have helped you in this case anyways because your radar detector didnt go off anyways.

bjstare
01-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Cos
The whole system you are talking about wouldnt have helped you in this case anyways because your radar detector didnt go off anyways.

:rofl: Thats exactly what I thought. Some people just aren't as bright as others.

ryder_23
01-16-2011, 09:14 AM

You are by far one of the dumbest people on this site. I just quoted you just cause. I don't doubt all of that, but the lengths your going to out do tickets in what, an explorer or whatever it is you drive...fuck get it together kid.

2BLUE
01-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23

You are by far one of the dumbest people on this site. I just quoted you just cause. I don't doubt all of that, but the lengths your going to out do tickets in what, an explorer or whatever it is you drive...fuck get it together kid.

Kid ha ha ha.

This system will work perfect. As long as the detector is programmed for the camera. I'm not alone i have a few guys that like this idea and are jumping on board. If you own a sports car that does over a 100 in first gear you would be looking for ideas also. Call me dumb in person not online thats a chicken shit way.

01RedDX
01-16-2011, 12:36 PM

speedog
01-16-2011, 12:49 PM
This system will work perfect. As long as the detector is programmed for the camera. This system is only as good as the person maintaining it and your track record per this thread hasn't presented itself as being very good to date.

2BLUE
01-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by speedog
This system is only as good as the person maintaining it and your track record per this thread hasn't presented itself as being very good to date.

You would think though a detector thats preloaded with the cameras and what not and 2010 model would pickup the cameras...Well i just bought a brand new 9500 and not one warning on 14 cameras i drove by. And thats after the update.

KRyn
01-16-2011, 01:05 PM

Call me dumb in person not online thats a chicken shit way.

Slow your roll tough guy. :rofl:

LAWLZ!

diamondedge
01-16-2011, 01:28 PM
2BLUE is the OP

:rofl:

speedog
01-16-2011, 01:35 PM
You would think though a detector thats preloaded with the cameras and what not and 2010 model would pickup the cameras...Well i just bought a brand new 9500 and not one warning on 14 cameras i drove by. And thats after the update. Is this not a system/database that is partially based upon updates as supplied by users as well? If so, then report the updates you feel are required and if you feel if there's still some unresolved problems, then make your beef known there instead of here. Never the less, most fairly attentive human beings are well aware where many of the red light/speed on green cameras are on their regular routes and usually are quite adept at adjusting their driving styles as required. There's also the signage that is easily spotted at every intersection with these cameras - I guess you pay to play and especially so if you're going to try to rely solely upon a device to warn you of these camera's locations.

TorqueDog
01-16-2011, 01:58 PM
This system will work perfect. As long as the detector is programmed for the camera. I'm not alone i have a few guys that like this idea and are jumping on board. If you own a sports car that does over a 100 in first gear you would be looking for ideas also. Call me dumb in person not online thats a chicken shit way. Assuming you actually knew what you were doing (doubtful, I remember your last thread on laser diffusers), every false alarm you get will flip your plate out of sight until your detector has been programmed to ignore that particular alert. You'd be driving with your plate flapping up and down for 70% of MacLeod Trail.

Now please stop posting this stupid shit.

ryder_23
01-17-2011, 07:25 AM

This system will work perfect. As long as the detector is programmed for the camera. I

Well i just bought a brand new 9500 and not one warning on 14 cameras i drove by. And thats after the update.

DUMB. You spent money on a system that won't work for at least 14 cameras. Do I really need to tell you in person? And shit every car I've owned/driven can go over 110km/h, why do I need a sports car that can go 100 in first gear? Hell my bike does well over 100 in first gear and I have no need for this. If I speed, get caught, I deserve the ticket.

Plus you don't think eventually someone will report you for your plate flipping up? Shit, if I saw your plate flip around I'd report you just to be that guy. Then I'd make a sweet thread on beyond about it.

jjmac
01-17-2011, 09:29 AM
OP you were so worried in paying the $600+ fine, yet you bought 4 Priva-Plates and a new 9500?

You might as well have paid the ticket.

G-ZUS
01-17-2011, 09:32 AM
OP is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, isn't he the one who did a couple "runs" with the police and showed them how the jammer works and stuff?

JimmyJones
01-17-2011, 09:46 AM

Hey squirt,

So if the detector is alerted by the camera and therefore flips the plate automatically, Will this happen only when you pass the camera at lets say 10 kph over the limit? otherwise if it automatically flips at all speeds what happens if you have a cop behind you? Either way this idea is as childish as the mind which created it.

dimi
01-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Must be quite the sports car being driven in the winter, gravel and ice everywhere.

I always drive around 20 over the limit, except playgrounds and residential areas. I see a red light camera or a van on the side of the road, I slow down. I pass by and then I get back to my crusing velocity. No tickets in 3.5 years. I laught at people that spend money on detectors, scramblers, "invisible plate" BS.

ryder_23
01-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by dimi
Must be quite the sports car being driven in the winter, gravel and ice everywhere.

Yes, quite the sports car indeed.
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac91/2blue2/048.jpg

Found in his driving out to bc to test laser jammers extravaganza http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=319125

TorqueDog
01-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
OP is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, isn't he the one who did a couple "runs" with the police and showed them how the jammer works and stuff? Yes, this is that same twat.

2BLUE
01-17-2011, 11:49 AM

2BLUE
01-17-2011, 11:53 AM

ryder_23
01-17-2011, 11:59 AM

Ohh my SIR...Nope wasn't that car. I got my tickets in the evo. Heading to court house now to get them reduced. Buying gadgets to reduce tickets i have no problem with. Nobody else has a problem giving their money to big brother?

Sorry, thought you said sports car. You will still get tickets regardless, I hope you realize this and my fuck you don't have a lot clicking upstairs eh?

2BLUE
01-17-2011, 12:02 PM

ryder_23
01-17-2011, 12:07 PM
I should also say being from arizona these tickets get thrown out all the time!

You started this thread to ask if you can get out of em? How do you know they get thrown out all the time, if you've never dealt with them? And if you have, why did you start a thread on it?

ryder_23
01-17-2011, 12:09 PM

I bet you would.

Yes I would put a lot of money on it, enough so you can pay for all your toys if I was you.

2BLUE
01-17-2011, 12:11 PM

toastgremlin
01-17-2011, 12:18 PM

Canadian Law is different then USA.

In the USA you must have 2 pictures of your car front and back.

Police must serve you with the citation. This isn't the case in all states, or even all provinces as far as I know.

ryder_23
01-17-2011, 12:19 PM

Canadian Law is different then USA.

In the USA you must have 2 pictures of your car front and back.

Police must serve you with the citation.

Are we in the fucking USA? No! So if you reside in Alberta, have AB plates, how in fuck does that relate to USA? Your dumb as shit.

dimi
01-17-2011, 12:22 PM

It all makes sense now.

2BLUE
01-17-2011, 12:30 PM

jjmac
01-17-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by dimi

It all makes sense now.

Case :closed:

Unknown303
01-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Well you speed in alberta you get an alberta speeding ticket. We pay them because we know we were speeding.

Like if I blow a red, even under the most retarded condition and get a ticket I'll still pay, not because I like throwing my money away but because I understand that I was in the wrong.

If you do something bad and get caught, deal with it. That's all I'm saying.

ryder_23
01-17-2011, 12:42 PM

Talk talk talk...Who said i had a alberta plate?

You keep calling people names when you don't know all the details.

I put a question mark at the end for a reason, so I never said it. If thats the case, why are you asking us if you already have all the answers and its easy as shit to fight? Seriously, your dumber then OJ.

2BLUE
01-17-2011, 12:46 PM

speedog
01-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Ungh. That was so painful to read. Even my 12 year old daughter can put together better structured (and grammatically correct) thoughts down on paper or in an electronic format. 2BLUE - I hope you speak with more clarity then with which you type.

redblack
01-17-2011, 12:55 PM
And i have no problem with that. BUT Name calling is not only retarded but a chicken shit way of doing things. Not only that but to admit your going to rat on someone for a flipping licence plate. Keep going around calling people names and one day someone is going to do something about it then you'll have something to rat out about.

I know for a fact beyond people feel the same. I have a few PM's already from a few members about the hatters on here. Everybody is tough on the internet. The lady at the court said if i dont live here it wont make any difference to me so im out of it. If i ran a red that would be different but i come from a state where these machines are failing all the time and are not accurate.

2BLUE
01-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Don't have to pay the tickets.

I'm done talking about this.

Thanks to the people that gave me advice.

If your from the USA you don't have to pay.

ryder_23
01-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Thats fine, your plate will more then make up for the loss on those other tickets. Bahaha, can't believe you got those tickets to begin with, your so dumb.

edit: I'm not sure if your rat threat was a threat or not...I mean its a licence plate, how am I really ratting you out? If I cal the cops cause someone has a rotating plate, that hides, and perhaps possibly committed a crime, of course I'd call it in. It s one thing plates are for.

toastgremlin
01-17-2011, 02:29 PM
If your from the USA you don't have to pay. I believe you do have to get an AB plate if your car is present in Alberta for longer than three consecutive months, however.

I don't think this is a wise long-term course of action.

Additionally, I wouldn't be surprised if CPS were able to pull up unpaid traffic tickets based on a licence plate.

FraserB
01-17-2011, 02:32 PM
He would probably just lie to the police if they asked, if anyone is interested I think there is a pic of his car and plate on here if they wanted to really make him squirm.

2BLUE
01-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by toastgremlin
I believe you do have to get an AB plate if your car is present in Alberta for longer than three consecutive months

Yes this is correct.

BUT

I'm in the USA 2-3 times a month which makes my insurance valid.

This has already been checked out prior of visiting this country.

And my SIR is sold to a albertan so now it has alberta plates.

Cos
01-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303

Like if I blow a red, even under the most retarded condition and get a ticket I'll still pay, not because I like throwing my money away but because I understand that I was in the wrong.

that has never happened to you :rofl:

I like how OP made a thread about dots now....

IRL
01-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Why are we trying to discourage this clown from installing a plate that flips over? Heck, I am all for this OP...it would just mean you would get more tickets and larger fines. Don't let these guys talk you out of the flipping plate....do it man! And please, drive around town as much as you can all day long testing it out!! :D

89s1
01-17-2011, 08:06 PM
This thread is great, OP you're a tool.

I love how he is deleting his posts but everyone is quoting them.

here are his last two just for good measure, I like how he says the obligatory "I'm done talking about this." then posts again after.

Don't have to pay the tickets.

I'm done talking about this.

Thanks to the people that gave me advice.

If your from the USA you don't have to pay.

Yes this is correct.

BUT

I'm in the USA 2-3 times a month which makes my insurance valid.

This has already been checked out prior of visiting this country.

And my SIR is sold to a albertan so now it has alberta plates.

cream
01-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Wow, if OP wasn't such a douche and told us he had a US plate, I'm sure we could've avoided this thread. Then again, it shows us the type of morons there are in the world.. I thought he was a troll...

M.alex
01-18-2011, 02:35 AM
OP is a moron. No surprise there though.

Why don't you try driving around with no plate? Maybe nobody will notice?

psycoticclown
01-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
OP is a moron. No surprise there though.

Why don't you try driving around with no plate? Maybe nobody will notice?

Best advice evaaaaaaaaaaaar!

No plate means no tickets amirite?

ipeefreely
01-18-2011, 08:11 PM

So I assume you have a Arizona plates....

Did you get the letters for the tickers at your home in Arizona?

I wonder how many people pay?

Does the provincial gov keep these on file for when people are pull over again in Alberta like in other countries? ;)

M.alex
01-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown

Best advice evaaaaaaaaaaaar!

No plate means no tickets amirite?

Sounds about right :D