PDA

View Full Version : Tatoos

redline_13000
01-08-2004, 02:29 AM
Just wondering where I can get a Tatoo of someones name, or a small picture. Can I get some rough prices please. Thanks:thumbsup:

James
01-08-2004, 03:27 AM
A REAL tattoo im assuming? :dunno:....check out Bushido, alot of other board members can back me up on there A+ work and competitive prices...im actually getting some more work done in less than 12 hours, cant wait :D............1112 4th St S.W. 261-1009

Weapon_R
01-08-2004, 03:30 AM
You're an idiot if you get a tatoo of someone's name...

redline_13000
01-08-2004, 03:31 AM
Yes a real name, do they price per letter or something? I dont know anything about this stuff.

James
01-08-2004, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
You're an idiot if you get a tatoo of someone's name...

:werd:.i thought about that after i posted ....... i would have to married to a girl for a long time to even consider putting her name on me like that man, i wouldnt do it

Originally posted by redline_13000
Yes a real name, do they price per letter or something? I dont know anything about this stuff.

no, it would just depend on how big/long it was....but dont do it anyway!

redline_13000
01-08-2004, 03:38 AM
Ya I think you guys might be right, I was also thinking about getting the cobra R logo on..the grey cobra with the red R in the middle. About 2 inch by 2 inch maybe smaller?

lam-boy
01-08-2004, 03:43 AM
i dont think it would be that expensive.

i remember hearing quotes from my friends for like small 1.5 inches or so by 1.5 inches go for about 60-70 dolalrs but it isn't very detailed, but detailed enough..get it? haha

and lettering shouldn't be that expensive either prolly 50-60 dollar range pending on font size/coloring needed?

Weapon_R
01-08-2004, 03:43 AM
Any estimates on what something exactly like this would cost? Same size and detail, and not the background, just the snake itself.

redline_13000
01-08-2004, 03:46 AM
No this exact one but with a red R

James
01-08-2004, 03:58 AM
Those cobra's SHOULD be well under $100, but dont qoute me on it :tongue:.... one of my tattoos is like 3-5 times bigger than that and was $150 and it has alot of detail, it deonds on how long it takes, usually roughly $100/h i think, it varies.

CRX-R
01-08-2004, 04:05 AM
Most tattoo places will go by the hour. which obviously translates to bigger... more expensive! That's why you see roaches with only outlines done... They'll get them filled in when the next welfare check comes in :poosie:

TalonVelocity
01-08-2004, 08:22 AM
if you tatoo my name on you I will pay you money

pinoyhero
01-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Interesting choice of tat, I have heard that you can't beat Smilin Buddah but Bushido and Ironwill are making names for themselves.

SI-vic
01-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by CRX-R
That's why you see roaches with only outlines done... They'll get them filled in when the next welfare check comes in :poosie:

:nut: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I actually laughed out loud on that one
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Weapon_R
01-08-2004, 01:49 PM
I've heard that it's tough to find an artist that will continue someone else's work if something has been left unfinished. Is this true?

SwitchBlade
01-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Go to a club when, just for now tattos are there and get one airbrushed "to see how it looks".

CRX-R
01-08-2004, 02:59 PM
I've heard that it's tough to find an artist that will continue someone else's work if something has been left unfinished. Is this true?

Yeah, it's pretty tough... friggin touchy artists... they're not all about the money, and that's just not right :nut:

CRX-R
01-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic

:nut: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I actually laughed out loud on that one
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks man, I got that from when I got mine done, I got them both at the same time and there were these two guys there getting these little matching devils on their arms, but it was absolutely hilarious.. they literally were counting pennies just to get the OUTLINES done... You know "How much for this?", "ok then, how much if he doesn't have a head?", "ok, how much if we get rid of his legs?" finally the got their outlines and said they'd be back for the fill-in. I was laughing till the pain started to overwhelm me. This was down in Bowness a couple years ago so I guess I shouldn't really be too suprised

Weapon_R
01-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Is there a place in Calgary that will give you a long lasting temporary tattoo to see if you like it enough? I don't mean a 4 day thing, but something that lasts long enough to help you decide to make the commitment?

That.Guy.S30
01-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Interesting choice of tat, I have heard that you can't beat Smilin Buddah but Bushido and Ironwill are making names for themselves.

smiling buddah was known around the world for his japanese style tatoo's but he has retired and the new tatoo artists are not as good.

rogue
01-08-2004, 08:02 PM
bushido and smiling buddha for sure and they both specialize in asian but can do anything. The only time i would get a name tattoo would be if someone really close died.

James
01-10-2004, 03:17 AM
Is there a place in Calgary that will give you a long lasting temporary tattoo to see if you like it enough? I don't mean a 4 day thing, but something that lasts long enough to help you decide to make the commitment?

Isnt there something thats like a tattoo that last 3-4 months,....... "henna" i beleive its called, not sure where does it though? :dunno:

Weapon_R
01-10-2004, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by James

Isnt there something thats like a tattoo that last 3-4 months,....... "henna" i beleive its called, not sure where does it though? :dunno:

Yeah that would be perfect...but where can I get this done?

tegdream
01-11-2004, 12:38 AM

Yeah that would be perfect...but where can I get this done?

any neighbourhood paki lady should be able to do it :D

itsalebaron
01-11-2004, 12:44 AM

My advice ... if you have any doubts about it now and need a trial period DON'T get it. Because you will regret it. When you find something that you can live with forever you will know.:thumbsup:

Henna and all the fake stuff looks shitty anyway .. its not the same.

soupey
01-11-2004, 05:59 PM
u can get henna at alota places, but its all one color, reddish usually, might not b ur best choice, try the airbrush idea

Marsh
03-09-2004, 12:34 AM
I'd get a tatoo of my head with me ch uggin a beer just like sandman has, on the inside of my upper arm(no not sandman on beyond):thumbsup: :poosie:

JordanLotoski
03-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by redline_13000
Just wondering where I can get a Tatoo of someones name, or a small picture. Can I get some rough prices please. Thanks:thumbsup:

small tattoos are for ladies and homosexuals........:thumbsup: