PDA

View Full Version : sheebus...

RickDaTuner
01-08-2004, 02:52 AM
Two roll overs in less than three months..
I think in need to Reboot my Fear

Well the Highway 1 to Banff is an ice rink, I just wrote off a 2004 Nissan Sentra for the Second time...

man oh man....:banghead:

FallenAngel
01-08-2004, 03:19 AM

sputnik
01-08-2004, 07:50 AM
time to go to driving school

pinoyhero
01-08-2004, 08:23 AM
Are you serious? If so I'm really sorry to hear about your luck, that's awful.

GTS Jeff
01-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Are you serious? If so I'm really sorry to hear about your luck, that's awful. luck...or skill?

RickDaTuner
01-08-2004, 02:53 PM
has nothign to do with my skill just the condition of the roads...
I've been driving on the Highway 1 for about 5 years now, about three four tines a week and this is the first time that i get into any sort of accident.

and the accident prioir to this one was on Bad Road, Bad Weather, Bad time, everything was not in my favour..

at most I consider my self to be a conservitave(sp?) driver

In my 7 years of driving I have never gotten into anything more than a slow speed spin out, and have never had a colision with another veichle..

I suppose stuff like that just goes to prove that Bad stuff can happen at any time!

im just glad to be out of this last one alive.. and unhurt

at 130 k/h Bad things tend to happend to people who start doing aerobatics throught he air....

GTS Jeff
01-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
has nothign to do with my skill just the condition of the roads... if that is true then whats this?

bad Road Bad weather Bad time, everything was not in my favour..........130 k/h

fuck man, take some responsibility. if u are smart enough to know that the road conditions are bad, u should be smart enough to know that its probably a bad time to grossly exceed the speed limit. in short, DRIVE SLOWER!!! and guess what, YOU are the only person who is at fault for not driving slower. so yea, its completely your fault.

i know u consider yourself a conservative driver and that uve got a great driving record, but that doesnt allow u to shrug off the blame. the only way to learn from shit like this is to own up to it and figure out how to not let it happen again. nothing is going to change if u just blame the roads and dont even question what u could have done different.

B17a
01-08-2004, 06:04 PM
I've been there done that, thankfully I wasn't hurt nor was a driving (so my insurance is not fuct) but it doesn't take much, we were driving slow ass too, sometimes its just fate!:thumbsdow

RickDaTuner
01-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Refer to Previous post

at what point was i not taking the blame..
and your pointing out the conditions of another incident wich occured in the past under completly differnt cercumstances..

its true what you say though, Im not blaming the road, in all honesty i was drivng fast and I was Tired.

the Road was like iIve never seen it before. For ice to from like it did last night usally takes some Rapid weather changes, that go from +0 to quickly back down to sub Zero temperatures. this wasnt the case last night, it has been costantly arround the minus 20 range for the past few days this doesnt cause ice if the road has been clear for the past while. once again in not blaming the road...
the Road visually looke fine enought to do about 150..
it looked dry. but apeartly what i was looking at was Ice crystals making the light form my head lights look flat like a dry road, It was a trully uniqute situtaion last night, two other trucks and another sedan were Involved in roll overs in the same streach of road last night, i wasnt the only one

Jeff once agian its true what you say, im just giving you my persepective on what happened last night, in the future i will pay more attention with speed and road conditions.

honestly i didnt put this post up to be all like" fuck the damn road it just made me lose controll" more i put it to show that anything can happen, or better put "Even monkey fall out of trees"

geez man come to think of it why do you feel to be the one to say i was being a bad driver? I remeber when you First got your 6 you were hitting stuff left and right too, or at least i rember you posting stuff like that!

Bah! forget it man, I dont mean to Rile you

max_boost
01-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Sorry to hear and I hope you are ok

Did you have winter tires? My gf frequents that road in her treks to the LV store in banff (window shopper) :rofl: and never had any problems. 130km/h is pretty scary in icy conditions, I wrote off a car like that before, not fun.

This is your second roll over?!? Insurance is not going to like hearing from you.....

GTS Jeff
01-08-2004, 09:23 PM
.... yo, it just seemed to me that u were shifting the blame in your first post, but that aint the case, well then....cool i guess and ill shut up :D