PDA

View Full Version : Assange is back!

ZenOps
01-17-2011, 12:48 PM
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/17/who-is-rudolf-elmer-wikileaks-newest-leaker/?hpt=T2

And it looks like hes got the names of 2,000 tax evaders.

From politicians to wealthy citizens. This has the potential to cripple the Swiss banks if he releases names (Noone will ever trust a Swiss bank with privacy ever again)

I wonder how many are from the US, UK, China and/or everyone. Canadians? I guess we have to wait and see.

I wonder if this would make the US happy, or angry. I'm siding on very happy as the Obama admin has been hunting down tax evaders of all sorts, including politicians from previous administrations.

l/l/rX
01-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Eh...fired? Accused of Falsifying documents? Stealing bank information? This guy sounds like a Class A citizen. Why should anyone believe the information he's giving out is true? He's had a huge grudge against that one guy for 6 years.

BigMass
01-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/17/who-is-rudolf-elmer-wikileaks-newest-leaker/?hpt=T2

And it looks like hes got the names of 2,000 tax evaders.

From politicians to wealthy citizens. This has the potential to cripple the Swiss banks if he releases names (Noone will ever trust a Swiss bank with privacy ever again)

I wonder how many are from the US, UK, China and/or everyone. Canadians? I guess we have to wait and see.

I wonder if this would make the US happy, or angry. I'm siding on very happy as the Obama admin has been hunting down tax evaders of all sorts, including politicians from previous administrations.

I don’t see how any of this has any public interest unless we have information such as money laundering from terrorist organizations or political corruption etc. What’s Assange going to release next? My internet surfing history? This guy is turning into a joke, no wonder ½ of his crew left. What’s his next move, Red Carpet events and book signings for his new million dollar autobiography?

Pinner
01-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

I don’t see how any of this has any public interest unless we have information such as money laundering from terrorist organizations or political corruption etc.

It pisses me off when the wealthy evade taxes.

Assange doesn't steal anything, he just reports what people send him. Freedom of the press.

BigMass
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Pinner

It pisses me off when the wealthy evade taxes.

Assange doesn't steal anything, he just reports what people send him. Freedom of the press.

You don’t get my point. The world is going to hell in a hand basket and he’s going from exposing government corruption, terrorism and police state tactics to being a glorified cop turning in tax evaders? No thanks.

rage2
01-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
News flash. Swiss banks have been releasing names of US tax evaders for years now. You haven't been able to hide money in Switzerland for quite some time. It's been so long that the amnesty program for tax evaders to come clean to the IRS and get less penalty has ended... in 2009.

News flash #2. Swiss banks STILL haven't been crippled yet.

That's 3-0 for me. What do you have next?

NuclearPizzaMan
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by rage2

News flash. Swiss banks have been releasing names of US tax evaders for years now. You haven't been able to hide money in Switzerland for quite some time. It's been so long that the amnesty program for tax evaders to come clean to the IRS and get less penalty has ended... in 2009.

Most tax evaders actually store their wealth in the form of copper ingots buried below the soundstage they faked the moonlanding with.

BigMass
01-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Yeah UBS was pressured by the US government to release names of American tax evaders, but I’m sure this list spans more than just American names.

As to your second point, UBS is crippled. Done. Over. It’s a zombie bank that had to be bailed out back in 08 because it was insolvent.

ZenOps
01-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I'll admit. Its unlikely to cause a swiss bank collapse in itself.

Canada has its fair share of accusations of corruption. Mulroney and the Billion dollar sponsorship scandal... Which noone cares about anymore (becuase hell, its only a billion)

Kim Jong Il has a pretty hefty Swiss account, measured in the Billions as well. But at least he isn't illegal - as he never claimed to be anything other than a dictatorial despot. The "despots" of the world will prop up Swiss banks, even if the tax evaders get caught.

UBS Wahlburg a zombie bank? Very Acute observation, I agree totally.

ZenOps
01-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by NuclearPizzaMan

Most tax evaders actually store their wealth in the form of copper ingots buried below the soundstage they faked the moonlanding with.

YES! Exactly. They managed to get away with it because Rob Anders was too busy carving wooden nickels to pass off as Canadian currency.

Redlyne_mr2
01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
I heard Assange may have info. on alien landings. Very interested in that.

syeve
01-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

You don’t get my point. The world is going to hell in a hand basket and he’s going from exposing government corruption, terrorism and police state tactics to being a glorified cop turning in tax evaders? No thanks.

I agree but from my understanding the list is referencing only ULTRA-wealthy, in which case, I am interested.

kaput
01-17-2011, 04:16 PM