PDA

View Full Version : Speeding ticket missing info?

~Leah~
01-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Sorry if this was answered already... I tried searching and couldn't find anything recent.

I got a speeding ticket last night just coming into Okotoks where the speed limit is 60 for no apparent reason. The officer was very reasonable, and I totally admit fault, but of course being a strugling student/single mom... I don't really want to pay it. Anyway, he checked off that the ticket was for speeding, and that it was caught on radar, but he did not write down where it took place, what the speed limit was, or how fast he clocked me going. Would this null the ticket?

Thanks, sorry for the lame question!

DayGlow
01-17-2011, 04:17 PM
The posted and alleged speed should be by the specified penalty box. Unfortunately if it is missing it doesn't void the ticket as it will most likely be in his notes on the back of his copy along with the location.

You can ask for disclosure to get his notes and see if they are located there as well.

Kloubek
01-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Tisk tisk Leah. :)

kaput
01-17-2011, 04:25 PM

JustGo
01-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Slightly off topic but how is it that cops seem to so often forget to put information on their tickets, especially such critical information like above? Threads like this are a weekly occurrence. I'd think that after filling them out hundreds of times it would be easy to quickly check before handing it over.
Contrary to popular belief, there are one or two officers out there who don't LOVE writing tickets, and aren't overly meticulous when writing them, not really concerned if they get thrown out or not.