PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend an interior (tile) designer?

Rowdy
01-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Does anyone know a designer that can help us come up with tile designs for our bathrooms? My wife and I cannot agree on what we want and its time to hire a professional designer to settle this. Its been going on for way way to long. My intention is to lay the tiles myself, unless we get pricing that would fit in the budget. But right now I am more that happy to pay for the services of a designer. This has been a very large reno, that has run already over $120,000 I need someone that has solid skills, so please any references you have would be great.

Kona9
01-18-2011, 09:44 PM
See Natalia over at Icon Stone and Tile.

Or C_Dave45 on here is a Tile setter with a pile of experience. Check with him.

Jeremiah
01-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Haha he's looking for a designer not someone that thinks racing checkered flag tiles are "funky"

89coupe
01-19-2011, 02:05 AM
My friend does amazing work! She doesn't specialize in just tile but when it comes to design, she's done some amazing stuff.

http://www.urban-design.ca

Rowdy
01-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Thanks guys, I have worked with Natalia and I agree she is fantastic. She help us choose our granite and our kitchen tile, but last time we tried to contact her she was no longer with Icon that was about a year ago. I will call the girls at Urban, and see what they have to say. Thanks for that lead 89coupe.

C_Dave45
01-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
Haha he's looking for a designer not someone that thinks racing checkered flag tiles are "funky"
If you remember, douchebag...my personal views on that tile was it was garbage but im sure the op appreciates your input and help with his question. Other than spewing useless diatribe, what skills is it you have again? I forget... Remind us.

Rowdy, I can give you some names at tile wholesalers that help with design. Bare in mind that none of them are actual "designers", just a lot of experience with their product and ideas. An interior designer is big $$$ and likes to be in from the start. Also something to consider, and I only say this from years of experience, and seeing it over and over; If you're dropping over a 100 g's on a reno, and then try to save a few bucks by doing the "finishing" part yourself...sometimes that shows. Your final touches is what everybody looks at (as well as future buyers) If the quality if the "diy" part is just that...diy...then the money spent isn't often reflected in the final product.

But if you need any help, including install tips, even the odd tool borrowing, I can help.

Oh and +1 on Coupe's suggestion. I've met the owners of Urban Design at a showroom that I did some work in. Good people. Well respected in the industry.

89coupe
01-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Rowdy
Thanks guys, I have worked with Natalia and I agree she is fantastic. She help us choose our granite and our kitchen tile, but last time we tried to contact her she was no longer with Icon that was about a year ago. I will call the girls at Urban, and see what they have to say. Thanks for that lead 89coupe.

No worries, tell her Brad referred her to you.

codetrap
01-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah

Lol. Good to know you can't tell the difference between admiring a very good job technically, while totally disliking the design and colors chosen. I personally thought that the checkered design looked like crap, but that doesn't detract from the skill and quality of the installation job.

It may have been fugly, but it was very well done fugly.

Just my thoughts.

Rowdy
01-19-2011, 10:44 PM
PM'd you Dave. I just dread the thought of wasting a pile of money on good tile, laid well, in a design that I hate to look at. But I sure appreciate everyones input.

copynpaste
01-19-2011, 10:48 PM
My sister is an int. Designer. She has very very good taste.

C_Dave45
01-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Rowdy
PM'd you Dave. I just dread the thought of wasting a pile of money on good tile, laid well, in a design that I hate to look at. But I sure appreciate everyones input.

Replied.

Have you bought the tile already? I have accounts at most of the wholesalers if that helps.

Lex350
01-20-2011, 01:25 AM
I've worked as a designer for 17 years. PM me if you want.