PDA

View Full Version : U of C open studies

jeffy
01-19-2011, 02:16 AM
I am currently taking open studies at u of c and i was wondering if there was a way i could take more courses than their 3 course maximum. Has anyone here tried? if so, can you tell me who you contacted for this?

Thanks

jacky4566
01-19-2011, 02:21 AM
Why not just take communications and culture like myself. You are allowed to take classes in any faculty expect ENGG and other 'major only' courses. So you are still able to go anywhere with that.

My plan is comms with minor in urban studies than the minor of architecture with plans to apply for the MArCH Architecture program.

jeffy
01-19-2011, 11:37 AM
The thing is i am trying to enter a program, which requires 4-5 (15 credits) engineering ( or related)courses, but i recently found out that i can only take 3 courses tops.
Currently i have 1 ENEL and 2 2nd year maths and i was trying to
get in a few complementary studies, but the enrollment services said that i would have to send an appeal to their email,but they arent answering and i have to get this done by friday
Does anybody know how to get in touch with registration appeal other than email cuz i asked enrollment services and they said that registration appeal doesnt have an office

thanks for the reply tho

Tripen
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Have you tried taking just 4 courses? I remember when I was in open studies I was able to take a max of 4 courses, even though the maximum was supposedly 3.

It may have just been a weird error in peoplesoft, but there haven't been and negative repercussions, at least for me.

Good Luck