PDA

View Full Version : Just released the new website for McDaniels that I built and designed...

89coupe
01-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Today is the first day for the public to view McDaniels new website built and designed by me :D

www.mcdan.com

What do you think?

sputnik
01-08-2004, 01:53 PM
nice and clean interface... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

however the mouseover animation on the menu seems a bit slow IMHO

CRX-R
01-08-2004, 03:43 PM
ok, you can be 'The Man' of website design... :thumbsup: Very impressive

crazyning
01-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Cool. I like it. I like it a lot.

Khyron
01-08-2004, 04:53 PM
You work for them or was it a contract? They have great christmas parties! :D

Khyron

nismodrifter
01-08-2004, 04:55 PM
very nice work....I need to learn how to do stuff like that

davidI
01-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Very nice and clean lay out. It would be possible to do most of what you did with java script though so perhaps using flash was not the best choice for the few mouseover animations you have in place.

89coupe
01-08-2004, 05:02 PM
No, they sought me out and asked me if I would do it for them. A bit of an ego trip considering they are the third largest reservoir engineering firm in the world. :D

Originally posted by Khyron
You work for them or was it a contract? They have great christmas parties! :D

Khyron

89coupe
01-08-2004, 05:04 PM
You could not get the same flow or smooth transition with java that you can get with flash. Plus if you notice the mouse over effects have a roll on and off effect to them with seamless transition. More effects on other pages as well if you look.

Originally posted by davidI
Very nice and clean lay out. It would be possible to do most of what you did with java script though so perhaps using flash was not the best choice for the few mouseover animations you have in place.

roopi
01-08-2004, 05:57 PM
There was no need to build that entire site in flash. It loads quick so thats not really an issue.

Personally I would have just built the menu bar in flash. The rest of it isn't even worth it IMO.

Also the text across the bottom could use a wider tracking.

Khyron
01-08-2004, 06:19 PM
One of the flaws is you cannot cut and paste names etc. Sort of like sites where all the text is in gifs.

Khyron

89coupe
01-08-2004, 06:33 PM
I build the sites entirely in flash for that and other reasons. The other is to keep continuity (look and feel) between browsers. And the simple fact I like FLASH :D

Originally posted by Khyron
One of the flaws is you cannot cut and paste names etc. Sort of like sites where all the text is in gifs.

Khyron