PDA

View Full Version : HROD 317 Notes =D

energie88
01-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Hey, just wondering if anyone has copies of lecture notes/power points from HROD 317. I'm currently in a lecture where the powerpoints are basically empty, I attend every lecture but it is quite worrisome because the notes are inconsistent. Thanks

euphoria
01-19-2011, 07:41 PM
I have lecture slides from the previous semester with Rob Issac, there are 15 chapters I'm not sure if its the same material. :dunno: Just PM your email if you would like me to send you them.

sunny071
01-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by euphoria
I have lecture slides from the previous semester with Rob Issac, there are 15 chapters I'm not sure if its the same material

Im in Rob's class this semester, any advice on how to study for the midterm/final exam? I heard the group projects were easy but exams were tricky.

energie88
01-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks =] I have HROD with Sushil but any extra material would be awesome. PMed you.

euphoria
01-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by sunny071

Im in Rob's class this semester, any advice on how to study for the midterm/final exam? I heard the group projects were easy but exams were tricky.

Well in my case, I didn't exactly do too well, I'm pretty bad at this type of exam questions. They have the kind of questions where there isn't one clear answer. For me, I'd always end up with two or three possible answers where they all seem to be right, which resulted in a lot of guessing. :banghead: The sample exams you can get from the student clubs is a pretty good indicator on how well you do on the actual exam. As for the group projects, they're pretty easy to get a good mark like you mentioned. Good luck in the class.

Originally posted by energie88
Thanks =] I have HROD with Sushil but any extra material would be awesome. PMed you.

No problem and I sent it as a .rar if you don't mind? :)

energie88
01-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Got it, and thanks =] Winrar, is ideal haah :D

JBreaks
01-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Take notes?....

I literally just showed up to the midterm, final and group meetings and cruised right through that course...
easy GPA booster I guess, if you care about GPA for what ever personal reasons

Cy2k1
01-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Yea. Rob Isaac's class wasn't too bad. The midterm and final seemed easy but the questions weren't clear so it was hard to get a definite answer for some. And since there were only about 45 or less questions for the midterm and final it was easy to lose marks for a silly mistake.

From what I recall Rob's exams are all MC whereas one of the other prof's, could be Sushil, has written parts in his exams. Hopefully that helps.

energie88
01-21-2011, 03:32 AM
@JBreaks
Thanks for the advice...
My request for additional supplementary material is simply for better understanding, not to replace the notes/lecture material...although they are inconsistent and not very in depth(as my post states) =] HROD is not historically known to be a difficult course. However, I'd rather be prepared than regret it later...

@Cy2k1
I really appreciate the input =] From what I can tell by attending the first few lectures, the content is quite straightforward. The Powerpoints are not very indicative of the material we are expected to learn, also, I did not buy the book as I used that money to buy car mods instead xD. I do find that there are many ways that underestimating the course could potentially fuck shit up majorly haha. Thanks again.