PDA

View Full Version : Flying mule discovered in Colombia

D'z Nutz
01-20-2011, 01:15 PM
"I'm just holding it for someone, honest!"

z4Rbe7wXfLQ

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/brazil/8269366/Colombian-police-capture-pigeon-carrying-drugs-to-prison.html

Colombian police capture pigeon carrying drugs to prison

The bird was flying towards a jail in the north-eastern city of Bucaramanga when it was discovered nearby by officers with a bag strapped to its back.

Police recovered 40g of marijuana and 5g of a paste containing cocaine and believe the package was too heavy for the bird to clear the prison walls.

"We found the bird about a block away from the prison trying to fly over with a package, but due to the excess weight it could not accomplish its mission," said Jose Angel Mendoza, the local police commander.

"This is a new case of criminal ingenuity."

Carrier pigeons trained by inmates or accomplices have previously been use to smuggle mobile phone Sim cards into the same jail, according to police.

In September last year police in the Colombian city of Barranquilla captured a parrot they said had been trained to act as a lookout for drug dealers – by squawking 'run' when police approached.

The pigeon found in Bucaramanga is now being cared for by the local ecological police unit.

n1zm0
01-20-2011, 01:27 PM
should've picked a bird with a little more 'oomph' instead of a pigeon lol

but those things did pretty much everything you could think of using them during a war (in WW1 and WW2)

l/l/rX
01-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Thats gangster!

clem24
01-20-2011, 02:09 PM
I am still dumbfounded by the very idea of carrier pigeons... How the fuck do they know where to go and how many of them get lost...?

Supa Dexta
01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by clem24
I am still dumbfounded by the very idea of carrier pigeons... How the fuck do they know where to go and how many of them get lost...?

Theres been one lost at my house in NS for over a year and a half.. He just hangs out at our farm now and lives on our roof.. I usually shoot all of the barn pigeons.. But this little guy I've left alone.. He's tagged... But I haven't spent any time trying to catch him to see what the tag says.

He hangs out on the roof above my bedroom though, and sounds like a fucking raccoon running around up there some nights.. :rofl: I should see if he has a stash somewhere.

ZenOps
01-20-2011, 03:00 PM
SOLDIER #2: Wait a minute! Supposing two swallows carried it together?

SOLDIER #1: No, they'd have to have it on a line.

SOLDIER #2: Well, simple! They'd just use a strand of creeper!

SOLDIER #1: What, held under the dorsal guiding feathers?

SOLDIER #2: Well, why not?

CUG
01-20-2011, 03:12 PM
WAS EXPECTING AIRBORNE DONKEY. NOT IMPRESS.

sh0ko
01-20-2011, 03:19 PM
that grass looks like CRAP haha

silver03gt
01-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
SOLDIER #2: Wait a minute! Supposing two swallows carried it together?

SOLDIER #1: No, they'd have to have it on a line.

SOLDIER #2: Well, simple! They'd just use a strand of creeper!

SOLDIER #1: What, held under the dorsal guiding feathers?

SOLDIER #2: Well, why not?

Ha ha. You beat me to the Monty Python joke!

dimi
01-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by CUG
:werd:

Literally, a donkey with wings.

kaput
01-20-2011, 04:22 PM

will3g
01-20-2011, 04:24 PM
cool:rofl:

in*10*se
01-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by CUG

Originally posted by dimi

:werd:

Literally, a donkey with wings.

word. genetically enhanced cloned mule with wings. unicorn like.

gyu
01-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by CUG
:rofl: me too

xxviet
01-20-2011, 07:14 PM
there was too much dope on the birds back LOL

ekguy
01-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by CUG

Same....Anyone? Flying donkey???

S4maniac
01-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Carrier pigeons intrigue me. I wonder how they train them? I'm adding this to my bucket list right beside training a champion fighting cock.

Well, Carrier pigeons are extinct, I believe you mean homing pigeons. I raised them as a kid ... to train them we'd drive progressively further away and release them. Always in the same direction (we would head north). For races they're shipped to pigeon clubs north of town in Leduc, Beaumont, Grand Prairie, etc.

How do they do it? No one knows, some suspect the birds can navigate via the magnetic poles, some think they recognize landmarks (but they always race further than they've ever trained).

Actually most of the training is to get the damn bird to go into the coop after the race instead of hanging out on the roof. you need that damn tag!