PDA

View Full Version : Vasectomy time!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Khyron
10-05-2011, 04:23 PM
BUMP - how's it hanging? :bigpimp:

Seriously, I'm looking to make my appt and the guy that uses the air-injector for painkiller is looking much more appealing:

http://www.vasectomycalgary.ca/index.htm

PD77
10-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
BUMP - how's it hanging? :bigpimp:

Seriously, I'm looking to make my appt and the guy that uses the air-injector for painkiller is looking much more appealing:

I just went there a couple of weeks ago...it really wasn't that bad at all. More discomfort than pain, and after a few days I was 100% mobile without any issues.

Khyron
10-05-2011, 06:16 PM
So you went with an open vas then - that's how I'm leaning...

PD77
10-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
So you went with an open vas then - that's how I'm leaning...

The way Dr. Crouse explains it the open vas procedure reduces the pain and swelling by a fair margin.

I was pretty much sold after hearing that haha.

legendboy
10-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Just to update.

Around August things started feeling pretty good. I am now 100% and back to full jackhammer capabilities

Zero sperm count also :thumbsup:

sputnik
10-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
So what happens after the procedure? I mean, when you orgasm. You just don't ejaculate but it feels like that you did at the same time?

:facepalm:

It never ceases to amaze me how many guys think that this is true... and then ask publicly instead of just googling it.

lint
10-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
:facepalm:

It never ceases to amaze me how many guys think that this is true... and then ask publicly instead of just googling it.

he's going to make a great doctor/lawyer some day

nguyen
10-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by 95teetee
this made me lol.

fuck ditto for me. that was too funny

Khyron
12-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by PD77

The way Dr. Crouse explains it the open vas procedure reduces the pain and swelling by a fair margin.

I was pretty much sold after hearing that haha.

Just got mine done on Thurs:

Crouse was excellent, got a script for valium to relax beforehand, and went with the open vas. Done in 10 mins, I felt OK even the day after (sore/tender but could walk around and stuff).

No running or shoveling or any exertion is the key though.

spikerS
06-14-2012, 09:24 PM
just got mine done today. these ice packs are amazing. Crouse was good, and was over pretty quick. but damn, this isnt full out pain, but it still hurts. The actual procedure went great, I actually fell asleep...

Zero102
11-13-2013, 04:36 PM
**BUMP**

I'm all done having kids and am looking to get this done, anybody have any updates or new suggestions?

cet
11-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Had it done during the June floods with Dr. Crouse. No pain but more of a dull ache through my hips for a couple of days. I would recommend him.

codetrap
11-13-2013, 05:34 PM
So, I should be good because I kept some of my good narcotics after my hip surgery? It's funny, because I was just talking to spikers about this a couple of days ago. lol

Graham_A_M
11-13-2013, 05:41 PM
How much do you figure this costs? 200-300?
I dont ever want kids so this is a must for me.

Disoblige
11-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
How much do you figure this costs? 200-300?
I dont ever want kids so this is a must for me.
You're only early-30's. How do you know you won't change your mind?

blairtruck
11-13-2013, 05:47 PM
im 33 and had mine done earlier this year. one kid is enough for me. i went and had a consultation and then it was free a few months later when i got it done.

ercchry
11-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

could always freeze some of the boys before you go in... just in case

Graham_A_M
11-13-2013, 05:55 PM

Ive never wanted kids, ever.... I very highly doubt I'll ever meet a girl that would change that.

Way *WAY* too expensive to have any even if I did.

Macleans did an article not long ago, stating in Canada, it averages out to about $680k per kid from birth to when the kid leaves home. Daycare, lost wages from missing work, university, it all adds up quite quickly

Thats...... a fair chunk of coin. So thats just that much more reason to never have any. :dunno:

ercchry
11-13-2013, 05:59 PM
you are forgetting about the fact you have a family farm though ;)

you could easily make up the difference in free labour :rofl:

Seth1968
11-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by spikers
just got mine done today. these ice packs are amazing. Crouse was good, and was over pretty quick. but damn, this isnt full out pain, but it still hurts. The actual procedure went great, I actually fell asleep...

You fell asleep while your balls were being cut?

Now that takes balls:)

Ven
11-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Crouse is great. Essentially pain free during and after, just the slightest ache for like one day and all was good. No scar, no blood.

I originally thought it was just going to be him and I in the OR. He already has all the instruments out, my pants were down, and my junk was cleaned. Then there's a knock at the door and he's like, " Come in!". And I'm screaming in my head WTF my cock is out! The door opens and it's this super hot girl. Hooooooooot girl! Fuck. She snaps some rubber gloves on and straight to my pouch. No eye contact! No eye contact! No eye contact! Stop rolling them around! Fuuuuuuuuuuck!!!! I'm turbo praying for Crouse to jab my junk with a needle or anything to distract me. Then I'm thinking this isn't fair, I'm in full fear shrivel mode here! Noooooooooo, it's usually not like this! Then Crouse is like, " I've just cut into your scrotum". And after that my other worries seemed distant. Shortly after that I remember thinking, " Hmm that burning smell is exactly the same I remember from my LASIK."

Bringing in a fresh jizz sample to the lab sucked. They all know it's gotta be there in no more than an hour, you just tossed off and drove it down still warm. Buddy didn't know english well and having to explain to him what he was holding in his hand was painful. I could tell he got it when he eyes went wide. By that time I had everyone's attention in the clinic. I could actually hear their heads turn. Might as well have jerked it right in front of everyone. Did the walk of shame outta there and thought there's no fucking way I'll retest. If it's not good now the wife will just have to deal with it in her mouth.

spikerS
11-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Ven

I originally thought it was just going to be him and I in the OR. He already has all the instruments out, my pants were down, and my junk was cleaned. Then there's a knock at the door and he's like, " Come in!". And I'm screaming in my head WTF my cock is out! The door opens and it's this super hot girl. Hooooooooot girl! Fuck. She snaps some rubber gloves on and straight to my pouch. No eye contact! No eye contact! No eye contact! Stop rolling them around! Fuuuuuuuuuuck!!!! I'm turbo praying for Crouse to jab my junk with a needle or anything to distract me. Then I'm thinking this isn't fair, I'm in full fear shrivel mode here! Noooooooooo, it's usually not like this! Then Crouse is like, " I've just cut into your scrotum". And after that my other worries seemed distant. Shortly after that I remember thinking, " Hmm that burning smell is exactly the same I remember from my LASIK."

Yeah dude! I was actually pretty startled when she walked in. I was expecting maybe someone that looked like Dr. Ruth, you know plain jane grandma-ish looking.

Nope.

In walks a a solid 9. Dr. Crouse introduces her, and she says hi, shakes my hand, and I cracked some horrible joke, but we all laugh.

All I can think is, please, oh please don't get a stiffy. DAMNIT CURRY! all your training, front and center now.

Closed my eyes, and forced myself to sleep. It was better than baygirl finding out, and suffering the procedure a second time without the benefits of drugs.

Never did bother to get tested. The collection kit is still in the drawer.

ExtraSlow
11-13-2013, 07:12 PM
Spikers buddy, get that shit tested.

spikerS
11-13-2013, 07:27 PM
^^ Waiting on Baygirl to get that job done.

baygirl
11-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by spikers
^^ Waiting on Baygirl to get that job done.
That's just wasteful though:dunno:

SJW
11-14-2013, 06:48 AM
I need to make this appointment.

Lex350
11-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Getting a vasectomy these days is a cake walk compared to 25 years ago. There really isn’t that much pain associated with it anymore yet you can still milk it for a free uninterrupted weekend of watching football. My doctor's name was Dr. Burn. :eek:

I made sure I got tested a year later. I didn't want an oopsy.

Zero102
11-14-2013, 08:03 AM
How many of you guys got the open vasectomy vs the closed one? It seems like Dr. Crouse only does the open ones which I think I would prefer. Has anybody gotten tested after and found their sperm count was not zero?

cet
11-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Ven
Crouse is great. Essentially pain free during and after, just the slightest ache for like one day and all was good. No scar, no blood.

Bringing in a fresh jizz sample to the lab sucked. They all know it's gotta be there in no more than an hour, you just tossed off and drove it down still warm. Buddy didn't know english well and having to explain to him what he was holding in his hand was painful. I could tell he got it when he eyes went wide. By that time I had everyone's attention in the clinic. I could actually hear their heads turn. Might as well have jerked it right in front of everyone. Did the walk of shame outta there and thought there's no fucking way I'll retest. If it's not good now the wife will just have to deal with it in her mouth.

You had me crying with laughter. I had a different lady, I'm not sure if that's good or not. I also haven't been tested yet so I've still got to experience that bit.

Khyron
11-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
How many of you guys got the open vasectomy vs the closed one? It seems like Dr. Crouse only does the open ones which I think I would prefer. Has anybody gotten tested after and found their sperm count was not zero?

There is a super remote possibility either way that the vas slowly grows back and reattaches itself (like over years). Doing closed makes the 1/10000 chance a little less likely, but I don't think it's remotely even worth the extra pressure/discomfort. Open all the way (I've had no issues with mine).

And yes, I had the gorgeous nurse with mine, UGH.

blairtruck
11-14-2013, 01:04 PM
did you guys pay? as i posted above i had a consultation and then he said as long as i showed up for the procedure it was covered.

bro in law is in his 50s married for 20 years with an 18 and 16 year old
he had vasectomy 15 years ago and his wife got pregnant last year. he didnt believe it was his. works the rigs assumed she cheated. it ended the marriage. kid was his.

Khyron
11-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Base procedure was free, I paid 100 for the no-needle air injector thing (I have a medical expense account to pay for it).

89coupe
11-14-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm too worried about the whole sperm build up thing. I read 1 and 1000 have aches.

Ugh.

blairtruck
11-14-2013, 01:59 PM
i didnt even know there was an upgrade i have a health spending account to i would have used.

89coupe
11-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by blairtruck
did you guys pay? as i posted above i had a consultation and then he said as long as i showed up for the procedure it was covered.

bro in law is in his 50s married for 20 years with an 18 and 16 year old
he had vasectomy 15 years ago and his wife got pregnant last year. he didnt believe it was his. works the rigs assumed she cheated. it ended the marriage. kid was his.

Wouldn't they have checked before jumping to conclusions? LOL

blairtruck
11-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Wouldn't they have checked before jumping to conclusions? LOL
you come home from the rigs, have your wife tell you shes pregnant and you had a vasectomy and see what comes out your mouth first.

Khyron
11-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
I'm too worried about the whole sperm build up thing. I read 1 and 1000 have aches.

Ugh.

That's why if you have an open procedure there is no pressure aches. They only seal up the exit pipe. Open end just flows and is reabsorbed like tears. I have no idea why it's not more common.

Zero102
12-06-2013, 12:06 AM
I had mine done this morning. It was less than 10 minutes from laying down on the (heated!) table to walking back out the door. Everything is pretty achy still (14 hours after the procedure) and I think I'm going to take a second day off work just to be safe. I had it in my head that the procedure would be so much worse than it really was.

Disoblige
12-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Ven

LMAO, hilarious. Great story.

Zero102
12-06-2013, 11:54 PM
I think he might have changed staff between when the above reviews were written and when I went in - There was a female assistant but I wouldn't call her super hot. If anybody is considering this just to get a hot girl to stare at your junk there is probably an easier way :devil:

I'm at the end of the second day now. I can't go more than about 15-20 steps before I start to feel a lot of pressure and have to stop because it feels like I'm about to do some damage. No swelling and the hole is healing up nicely (though the band-aid he put on got totally soaked with blood it stopped bleeding very quickly). So far the feeling is like blue balls but a bit worse, with moments where the aching will spread deep into my legs or abdomen for a few seconds before letting up. That said it feels much better than yesterday, I've only taken 1 tylenol today

snoop101
01-09-2014, 10:54 AM
I was going to do mine last year, but been putting it off. Now im at the point where I have to get it done.

Has anyone used or heard anything about Chaparral Medical Clinic?

It seems like the standard is $200 for admin fee's which are not covered by my medical :(

ExtraSlow
01-09-2014, 12:06 PM
I too need to get this happening. Group buy?

CanmoreOrLess
01-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Ven

LMAO, hilarious. Great story.

You just wrote a good chunk of a Louie CK episode.

For the record, I had to take my Tupperware container in three times... first time, I still had a too high of a sperm count. FYI the labs only take the samples between certain hours, the lab can be open from 8-5 and only take samples from 8-2. And no it is not posted on the door, nor do they mention this at all. I did the about face walk of shame, Tupper in hand and knew she was thinking... there goes a guy to jerk off.

Used Dr. Phillip van der Merwe on 4th Street SW, he did the procedure a week later after a consultation, took a few minutes, my cost was $100 I believe, no pain there or afterwards.

codetrap
01-30-2014, 09:52 AM
So, what's the consensus? Who's the best Doc currently? The wife is all over me to get this done so we don't have another child.

spikerS
01-30-2014, 10:03 AM
I dunno. I have only done it once, but Krouse was very professional and laid back at the same time about it. Answered all my questions, and was happy to address everything post surgery as well.

I really don't have anything bad to say about him at all.

Khyron
01-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
So, what's the consensus? Who's the best Doc currently? The wife is all over me to get this done so we don't have another child.

Crouse if he's still doing the only one doing open procedure, pay the extra 50$ or whatever for needle-less if you want. And yes the nurse is a scorcher.

SJW
02-08-2014, 02:51 PM
I had mine done yesterday by Dr. Carter in chaparral. No complaints. Not much pain right now. We'll see what sunday brings.

codetrap
04-13-2014, 09:44 PM
Well. I can confirm. Intramed (Krouse) still has a drop dead gorgeous assistant. In retrospect, the actual procedure wasn't too bad, except I apparently have some scar tissue on one side from a childhood trauma. He had to give one tug that I felt all the way up into my ear. A bit of post procedure bruising, but I'm still mobile.

Spent all thursday on the couch with an ice pack, and that was a good idea. Felt every single frost heave on Stoney going home.. in my back teeth. He says chill out and ice. Do it. Friday drove to EDTN, and that wasn't great... but not too bad. Setting up the new trailer over the weekend... well.. I'm glad I had some good painkillers left over from my hip surgery. :D

All in all, not nearly as bad as a hip replacement, but boy.. I sure sweated it. In fact, I had that paper stuff stuck to me until I got home and changed into jammies.

R-Audi
04-14-2014, 04:34 PM
Time for me to start reading the thread from the start.. second kid was born today and thats all she wrote!

SJW
04-14-2014, 05:36 PM
2 months later I still have a knot in both sides of my sac. Google says normal. No pain any more though except in these 2 spots and it's only if touched.

sillysod
04-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Time for me to start reading the thread from the start.. second kid was born today and thats all she wrote!

Congrats.

Had our second 8 months ago and I went for the snip-de-doo in January.

codetrap
04-16-2014, 11:54 PM
Update.. it's been a week now. Monday rolled around, and I was just done. When they say "Don't do anything. Stay off your feet!"... listen to them. After a weekend of mild activity by my standards, getting the trailer home, setting it up in the driveway etc... by the time I got to work riding the bus I could barely get up. Going from standing to sitting to standing was not at all comfortable. Felt like someone was squeezing everytime I transitioned. So I go to the can to check things out, and my nuts were swollen up the size of a tennis ball. I suffered the day, icing as much as I could at my desk, but by the time I got home... (bus ride again).. I was just done.. Did nothing that evening. Slept on the couch because I was comfortable there, with an ice pack on my balls. Tuesday I just worked from home with an ice pack on my balls. That and the meds finally got the swelling down, and after WFH all day Wed, I'm finally feeling better. I am going into the office tomorrow, but I'm driving. No jostling on the bus for me, and I want a way to go home if it gets bad again.

First rule of Vasectomies... Don't DO ANYTHING the first 4 days. Nothing. Sit on your ass on the couch with an ice pack. The first two days will trick you. You'll think you're doing fine. You'll feel relatively ok. The third day, you'll be a bit more sore, so you'll take some tylenol & advil like the doc said... But when your nutsack turns black on one side on the 4th day because you over did it, you WILL regret it. It'll hurt every time you move. It'll hurt when you shit. It'll hurt when you get up, or sit down. It'll hurt when you cough.. apparently you tense up down there. Anything that causes you to tense up, will hurt. It'll only stop hurting when you get your nutsack all wrapped up in a soft gel ice pack while you watch gold mining on TV. Surprisingly, popping a stiffy doesn't hurt... if you can lol.

I know you're probably laughing. Don't feel guilty. I am too. I don't know why it's funny, but it is, and I laughed to, right up till it started hurting. Then when it stopped hurting, I was able to laugh again.

:nut: :D :nut:

spikerS
04-17-2014, 08:03 AM
^^

Yup, I warned you about the grapefruit nutz.

Nitron88
04-17-2014, 11:16 AM
This is brutal having someone play with your manhood

sputnik
04-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Short term pain.

Long term gain.

cancer man
04-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Update.. it's been a week now. Monday rolled around, and I was just done. When they say "Don't do anything. Stay off your feet!"... listen to them. After a weekend of mild activity by my standards, getting the trailer home, setting it up in the driveway etc... by the time I got to work riding the bus I could barely get up. Going from standing to sitting to standing was not at all comfortable. Felt like someone was squeezing everytime I transitioned. So I go to the can to check things out, and my nuts were swollen up the size of a tennis ball. I suffered the day, icing as much as I could at my desk, but by the time I got home... (bus ride again).. I was just done.. Did nothing that evening. Slept on the couch because I was comfortable there, with an ice pack on my balls. Tuesday I just worked from home with an ice pack on my balls. That and the meds finally got the swelling down, and after WFH all day Wed, I'm finally feeling better. I am going into the office tomorrow, but I'm driving. No jostling on the bus for me, and I want a way to go home if it gets bad again.

First rule of Vasectomies... Don't DO ANYTHING the first 4 days. Nothing. Sit on your ass on the couch with an ice pack. The first two days will trick you. You'll think you're doing fine. You'll feel relatively ok. The third day, you'll be a bit more sore, so you'll take some tylenol & advil like the doc said... But when your nutsack turns black on one side on the 4th day because you over did it, you WILL regret it. It'll hurt every time you move. It'll hurt when you shit. It'll hurt when you get up, or sit down. It'll hurt when you cough.. apparently you tense up down there. Anything that causes you to tense up, will hurt. It'll only stop hurting when you get your nutsack all wrapped up in a soft gel ice pack while you watch gold mining on TV. Surprisingly, popping a stiffy doesn't hurt... if you can lol.

I know you're probably laughing. Don't feel guilty. I am too. I don't know why it's funny, but it is, and I laughed to, right up till it started hurting. Then when it stopped hurting, I was able to laugh again.

:nut: :D :nut:

I wrestled with my kids when I got home and back to work the next day never felt anything.
My co-worker on the other hand after seeing my recovery
he decided to go ahead and have it done not so good and the same doctor in mission.
Off work for almost a month.Diffrent strokes for different folks.

Nitron88
04-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Short term pain.

Long term gain.

Preferably if the wife doesn't get tired of standing for 30 minutes with a towel lodged in between and has you pull out anyways :banghead:

ExtraSlow
08-25-2014, 01:06 PM
No furthur thoughts of vasman vs intramed? I guess it's pretty much the saem deal at either place.

Khyron
08-25-2014, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
No furthur thoughts of vasman vs intramed? I guess it's pretty much the saem deal at either place.

Totally different procedure. Vasman is conventional needle+scalpel, closed everything. Intramed is the open no-needle procedure.

ExtraSlow
08-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Oh hah. maybe I need to look at the website a bit more carfully.

codetrap
08-25-2014, 10:34 PM
Well, it's all good now, but I have to admit, you sure you're done? You make cute kids. :)

ExtraSlow
08-26-2014, 09:00 AM
Well, it's all good now, but I have to admit, you sure you're done? You make cute kids. :)
They get their looks from their dad. But yes, we are sure.

hampstor
08-26-2014, 10:41 AM
ugh - my turn. Lots of good, and painful, reading in this thread. I'm going to be calling intramed soon as the youngest of my 3 boys is now ~10 months old.

Sugarphreak
08-26-2014, 11:04 AM

hampstor
08-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I don't really get why this is so popular to be honest

I just grab a pack of domes from Superstore when I am grocery shopping whenever supply gets low... can't say I have ever thought about getting fixed.

Just wondering what motivates people to take the next step?

From a pure economics perspective for me, condoms are expensive.

Sugarphreak
08-26-2014, 11:17 AM

ercchry
08-26-2014, 11:34 AM
what married man uses rubbers?! wtf.... thats fucked up

hampstor
08-26-2014, 11:42 AM
I am pretty frugal, and even I don't buy that :rofl:

Is this more or less because the wife has a fit and starts taking sex off the table until it happens for most guys?

The economics of condoms is directly releated to the frequency they are used :poosie:

In all seriousness, my wife has grown and delivered 3 humans so this is the my way of ensuring she doesn't have to go thru pregnancy again.

Sugarphreak
08-26-2014, 11:53 AM

sputnik
08-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
From a pure economics perspective for me, condoms are expensive.

I hate using condoms.

Khyron
08-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Fair point, but why this route and not birth control or domes? I think that Vasectomy still has a risk that is similar to those methods.
[/B]

I'd get 10 vasectomies before going back to rubbers. Yeck.

And no, the risks from vasectomy is orders of magnitude less than risks for a woman to get tubal ligation or even the hormones of the pill/shots over the years.

We also tried IUD - I don't care what anyone says, I could feel the damn thing and hated it.

sputnik
08-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Fair point, but why this route and not birth control or domes? I think that Vasectomy still has a risk that is similar to those methods.

Because the vasectomy requires the least amount of effort and cost.

In fact after you get it done you even get a week long vacation from any domestic duties that your wife would normally want you to do.

hampstor
08-26-2014, 12:14 PM
Not saying you are not right, because you are. However we both know that most guys will pay whatever it costs if it leads to sex. If it means a 200$ dinner, 50$ bottle of win... what is a 1.50$ condom really, haha

So true. So true. Then add on how many times guys have to repeat before they actually score. :rofl:

Fair point, but why this route and not birth control or domes? I think that Vasectomy still has a risk that is similar to those methods. [/B]

(Edit: my wife and...) I don't want to deal with 'domes anymore, and I personally do not believe its fair for me to ask her to get her tubes tied, or go on BC (either hormonal or IUD) because then i'm asking her to take on the risk of complications ontop of risk of getting pregnant again. She's had 3 kids and done enough of the 'heavy lifting' with having kids.

Sugarphreak
08-26-2014, 12:17 PM

ExtraSlow
01-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Still haven't booked my appointment, guess I'm a bit chicken. :eek:

Anyway, further recommendations or thoughts?

blitz
01-05-2015, 03:17 PM
I got mine done on a Friday, felt great with minimal discomfort/swelling. Things were going so well I rode my bike in to work the next Wednesday and paid for it for 2 weeks. Was fucking horrible.

I asked for and got some sedatives for the procedure, mellowed me out real good, lol.

snoop101
01-05-2015, 04:02 PM
So I got to ask. Is it like getting a shot when its done where if you do not look at it being done its not that bad? Watching the video online makes me cry the way they cut into the ball sack like that. I assume if you sit back and think about something else it isn't to bad.

I got another question for you guys that got it done. Did you blow your load a few hours before getting it done?

blitz
01-05-2015, 04:36 PM
I didn't feel anything using Intramed (no scaple). I didn't watch the online video, didn't let him describe it to me, didn't watch it happen. Just popped 2 Xanax an hour beforehand and closed my eyes.

codetrap
01-15-2015, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by snoop101
So I got to ask. Is it like getting a shot when its done where if you do not look at it being done its not that bad? Watching the video online makes me cry the way they cut into the ball sack like that. I assume if you sit back and think about something else it isn't to bad.

I got another question for you guys that got it done. Did you blow your load a few hours before getting it done? I feels like you're getting flicked, like snapping your finger against your ballsack. Not truly painful, but not fun either.

And no. The wife took care of that the night before.

ercchry
01-15-2015, 01:41 PM

Did you get snipped? You are a bit young for that

haha, nope been rolling the dice with the most fun method for 7 years now... the pull out, the on running joke is that im just sterile :rofl:

suntan
01-15-2015, 03:25 PM
I'm gonna miss putting fertile sperm onto my wife's face.

89s1
01-15-2015, 04:12 PM
I didn't realize so many guys hated condoms though

Strange, I always thought you were a guy.

:D :D :D I kid I kid. But seriously, I haven't exactly done a survey but I don't know of one guy that likes to wear a rubber.

Had to come read this thread, it was at the top and the wife mentioned it recently.

legendboy
01-15-2015, 08:43 PM
Shooting blanks for the win! circa 2011

Aleks
01-16-2015, 08:32 AM
Probably will get it done in a few years as not 100% we are done (have 3 now). In meantime calendar method ftw. :burnout:

Ca_Silvia13
01-16-2015, 09:40 AM
This is on the books for me this year. I haven't looked in to it a whole bunch yet, kinda want to wait till my son is a bit older just in case. How much do these cost? I've read over the site a bit but they don't mention cost? Covered by insurance?

blitz
01-16-2015, 09:43 AM
$150 out of pocket, the rest is covered by Alberta Health Services.

codetrap
01-16-2015, 09:52 AM
I claimed mine on Sunlife. No issues that I recall.

ExtraSlow
02-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Had mine done last week by Crouse at Intramed.
- His assistant that day was not hot. Some mid-aged homely lady. I don't mind.
- The air-spray anesthetic thingy was pretty uncomfortable. Honestly not sure a needle would have felt worse, but then again, I don't mind needles.
- One vas was kind of hidden, he really had to dig around to get it to the opening. That felt weird.
- Total time including chat beforehand was less than 15 minutes. Probably only 5 mins of actual procedure.
- Cost to me was $150, haven't submitted to benefits yet. I expect it to be paid.

I sat in my la-z-boy chair for two days straight, kept the ice packs on my sack, watched breaking bad, drank a few kokanees. Day 3, did a few errands around the house, went to princess auto, day 4, chased my kids around a bit.

On both days 3 and 4, I felt pretty good, but I'm pretty careful when I sit down on something, and for some reason, getting into and out of vehicles feels weird.
I'm walking a lot slower than I normally do, not that it hurts exactly, but I'm sure aware of everything.

codetrap
02-24-2015, 09:34 AM
I was like that for the first couple of weeks too. Eventually, you'll go back to normal. :)

snoop101
03-17-2015, 12:28 PM
I booked my consultation for this Friday (even though I don't really want to know what he does) I'm getting it done by Crouse so hopefully it does not hurt as much as i'm thinking it will.

She said I could drive home by myself as well, which I thought I couldent.

ExtraSlow
03-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Little update for me, I had a trip to Las Vegas exactly 14 days after my procedure. Let me tell you, those aggressive russian strippers certainly tested the limits of my recovery. I found the lap dances pretty uncomfortable. Probably saved me a bunch of money. Those "little pulling sensations" that I was getting occasionally are 99% gone now, had one this week. Seems to be kind of random.

As for driving home, I drove myself home, and I didn't have issues. However, you want to be gentle with yourself. It would be stupid to get yourself into a car accident if you felt nauseous or something.

snoop101
03-23-2015, 06:47 PM
So I get mine done tomorrow since Dr Crouse was sick last week.

I have a question though. I get mine done just after lunch, but have to pick my wife up at 6. Will I be in so much pain that I wont be able to do it or if I move slow enough and use meds i'll be ok?

speedog
03-23-2015, 07:28 PM
Wimps. Went dancing the next night, no big deal.

Graham_A_M
03-23-2015, 08:18 PM
^ yeah no biggie with me either.... drove home, felt pretty normal. Holy shit getting out of the car was painful though. Freaked me out though, I was cumming blood for about a week.

codetrap
03-23-2015, 08:52 PM

snoop101
03-25-2015, 09:29 AM
Well day two and i'm feeling pretty good. Drove home yesterday no problem. Actually the coming home was pretty easy cause they were still a bit numb. I would say it only ached for about 3-4 hours after I got home and then was just normal soreness.

It was a lot easier then I thought it would be. The elastic band feel of the spray was pretty dead on, but it was so quick that it really didn't seem like much. The smell though of your burning balls lol ohhh man.

snoop101
03-28-2015, 11:02 PM
Last couple days they been a bit swollen. Not too bad though, but aching.

Question though. How long did you guys wait before blowing your load? They say a week, but on the internet some say after 2-4 days.

ExtraSlow
03-29-2015, 08:00 AM
Once it doesn't hurt to stroke it, you can go ahead. I was about a week, but as I mentioned, I had a slightly tougher recovery than some guys. If you're interested, and it doesn't hurt, you are probably ready.

snoop101
05-28-2015, 12:19 PM
So its been over two months now and I decided to hand in my sample for a test. Dropped it off at 6:30 this morning. I called Dr Crouse's office to find out if they will tell me my results or the lab. I was reading online in the US people find out the same day or the next day. The lady I talked to said 10-15 days :nut: I was shocked. They need the sample in a matter of an hour of blowing your load, but then it takes a half a month to figure it out.

blitz
05-28-2015, 01:41 PM
It only takes a day or two to do the actual test, but it gets done at the Fertility Clinic by the Foothills, then they have to send the results to Dr Crouse's office, then he has to review (which I think he only does on Fridays). Mine took about 2 weeks.