PDA

View Full Version : SNAP Fitness - Riverbend

TC2002
01-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Just wondering if anyone has tried this gym and what you thought of it? http://www.snapfitness.com/riverbend/home

Seems like a small place. Haven't heard of it before but it's on my way home from work everyday so that could be a motivating factor.

ddduke
01-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Worked out there for 3 days, one of my buddies has a membership.

Lots of machines, not much for free weights, if you like incline/decline bench then don't even waste your time, all they have is flat. Usually dead, but when I went at peak hours there were only about 12-14 people in there and it was ridiculously crowded.

I was going to get a membership there before I moved to Pro-Bodies, but the owner is a douche and would not give me a trial or sell me a 1 month pass. They're also more expensive then many major gyms.

Another stupid thing is that they don't have water fountains and instead have a vending machine, so bring your own water.

wintonyk
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
I never tried this one, but there is a snap fitness in Airdrie and it was not to my liking.

Its a great gym for basic workouts and people with limited gym experience looking for machines. Its pretty hard to hurt yourself when your movements are controlled by a machine.

Bonus was when I went ( 2pm on a Wednesday) There was not one person there.

civic_stylez
01-20-2011, 08:50 PM
i like it because its 24 hrs. I go with a buddy who has a membership and i was pleased with it!

Its not huge but the place is well kept and the machines are good.

just my .02

TC2002
01-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the replies! I did go in to take a look and it wasn't bad at all. I think I'm looking for more than what they are offering, so I'll keep looking around.