PDA

View Full Version : Wing Night

dingbathero
01-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Anyone have a list of places that has Wing Night's and what cost it is....

I tried googling and searching here.... somewhere close to DT is possible...

Trying to get something together.

TIA

max_boost
01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
www.hotwings.ca

:thumbsup:

Mixalot27
01-20-2011, 08:20 PM
www.hotwings.ca

GQBalla
01-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Juliets and bootleggers has good wings

sr20s14zenki
01-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Rusty Cage on wednesdays.....OMG so fucking good

jwslam
01-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Amsterdam rhino is like mon-thur or soemthing
it's in DT

bacon cheddar jalapeno flavor
:drool:

natejj
01-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Blacksheep westcoast pub on Elbow, Wing night wed and sunday, my favorite.

Disoblige
01-21-2011, 12:20 AM
I miss Classic Jacks wings :(

K3RMiTdot
01-21-2011, 12:39 AM
dongals.. i think i spelt it wrong.... 3 cent wings now i believe it use to be 1 cent

Speed_69
01-21-2011, 12:47 AM
How's the wings at Hudson's? I've been meaning to go there on a Wednesday for awhile. I go there for lunch frequently and find their food pretty decent.

Disoblige
01-21-2011, 01:00 AM
^^ It's okay. Decent selection. Went there a few times.

I still prefer Classic Jacks though, in all aspects. Food, vibe, atmosphere, girls, wings.

Kobe
01-21-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

1410 is the same company or w/e.. 9cent wings on mondays ftw

Unknown303
01-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Bootleggers FTW.

50 flavors of wings. And the help there are nice too. :devil:

Cos
01-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Toad and Turtle has HUGE wings and their apple jack bbq is amazing! :drool:

Dammit now I want wings :(

pf0sh0
01-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Black Sheep is the shit for wings!!

hampstor
01-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

Johnny Cash wings @ The Cage :bigpimp:

Do they still do $10 unlimited wings during Flames games?

Disoblige
01-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Kobe

1410 is the same company or w/e.. 9cent wings on mondays ftw
Same company but not the same. Wings at 1410 and 1610(?) give you a lot of drumsticks, and are quite dry.

dingbathero
01-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the responses

Go Beyond!!!

max_boost
01-21-2011, 01:54 PM

They are pretty good. They switched it to Thursdays now.

St.James is excellent for Mondays.

Weapon_R
01-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Try Rose & Crown for a good wing place downtown. Rusty cage is a pretty good place overall. Their Jerk wings are my fav

ekguy
01-22-2011, 03:56 PM
On the Rocks on Canyon Meadows Drive...Hate to let the cat out of the bag but they are delicious. Also wings/karaoke on friday.

boarderfatty
01-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Does anywhere in Calgary have deals on boneless wings?

Also does anywhere in Calgary do dill pickle wings? Similar to a salt and pepper wing, its a breaded wing with a dill pickle dry rub similar to popcorn seasoning.

Unknown303
01-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by boarderfatty

Also does anywhere in Calgary do dill pickle wings? Similar to a salt and pepper wing, its a breaded wing with a dill pickle dry rub similar to popcorn seasoning.

Bootleggers does dill pickle wings. And they are awesome.

D'z Nutz
01-22-2011, 06:03 PM
I really enjoy Original Joe's wings too, especially the sweet thai or whatever. Tuesday is their wing night.

Tik-Tok
01-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

Originally posted by boarderfatty

Boneless ribs at Regal Beagle on Tues/Thurs, I really like those.

Rusty Cage has lots of good flavours, including dill pickle, BUT the last 3 times we went there, the wing sizes were SERIOUSLY lacking, like enough that we haven't been back in over 6 months.

+1 for Bootleggers, too far for me though.

chathamf
01-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

Johnny Cash wings @ The Cage :bigpimp:

Do they still do $10 unlimited wings during Flames games?

+1 for the cage! Love that spot..I truely miss it when I'm away during the winter for university. Sometimes I just dream about killing myself with some of those Johnny Cash's...

gatorade
01-24-2011, 02:07 AM
I don't get how you guys enjoy johnny cash, they do taste good, but after the second or third it is just too fucking hot and my ass bleeds the day after, I order the rossane cash instead... hot but tolerable.

chathamf
01-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by gatorade
I don't get how you guys enjoy johnny cash, they do taste good, but after the second or third it is just too fucking hot and my ass bleeds the day after, I order the rossane cash instead... hot but tolerable.

I was away all last winter and when I came back for the summer I found them to kill me, lol. I started to get the roseannes as well. I used to eat the Johnnys every week and my body built up a tolerance. I would only ever eat them if I had the next day off of work so I could sit home on the throne all day, haha. Well worth it though..delicious!

Teknix
02-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Bootleggers FTW.

50 flavors of wings. And the help there are nice too. :devil:

Ya bootleggers might have tons of flavours, but the size and quality of the meat is terrible! smallest wings i've had EVER and extremely dry!!

I like Jamesons wings on wednesday nights, i believe they're 15cents? But there huge and good juicy meat.

gqmw
02-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Beckhams has good flavors as well - dill pickle and roasted garlic. However the one on centre st is mediocre...the one in NE is way better.

Donegals is not bad for 3 cents...they're not small wings at all as you'd expect for 3 cents. But no real special flavors.

Rips -15cents sun wed, their creamy buffalo is fantastic...but some days it tastes better than others.

hampstor
02-05-2011, 03:33 PM
I was at BP's in crowfoot on wednesday night, they are now doing all you can eat wings for $13.99. They do breaded wings too!

ryder_23
02-05-2011, 03:54 PM

Same company but not the same. Wings at 1410 and 1610(?) give you a lot of drumsticks, and are quite dry.

What you described means nothing. Drumsticks = either the batch they got, or people are requesting just wings and not drumsticks, pretty common. As for being dry, they don't just whip up a batch for your order, they usually fry up a truck load and just sauce accordingly depending on how busy it is. Hence they're dry. For 9 cents, who cares :rofl: Its when you pay 10$ for a pound of wings is where you should care.

Hampstor - Yes the cage still does 10$ all you can eat wings for UFC, Flames and NFL games.

gatorade
02-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by chathamf

I was away all last winter and when I came back for the summer I found them to kill me, lol. I started to get the roseannes as well. I used to eat the Johnnys every week and my body built up a tolerance. I would only ever eat them if I had the next day off of work so I could sit home on the throne all day, haha. Well worth it though..delicious!

Every once in a while I end up ordering them because they taste so good but then I end up regretting it the next day... I can eat alot if I want but my asshole cannot take it.

mugensix
03-07-2011, 09:56 PM
wed night cat and fiddle on 16th ave! mmm most amazing buffalo wings ever!!

franks hot sauce then covered in Parmesan

Swank
03-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Unicorn pub across from Bankers Hall does $0.35 wings on wednesdays, 35 flavors, I love at least 20 of them. Damn good.

Hi-Psi
03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Nixx Pub(Formerly Nicastros) on Edmonton Trail has great wings. Wing night is Wed and is 0.35/wing. Big wings and great pub to watch hockey games.

Make sure to ask for "House" sauce wings!

ekguy
03-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Swank
Unicorn pub across from Bankers Hall does $0.35 wings on wednesdays, 35 flavors, I love at least 20 of them. Damn good.

I have a friend who worked in that kitchen and he made me swear to never EVER eat there ever again.

Take it or leave it. But when someone you've worked with in the industry for years tells you not to eat somewhere after working in their kitchen you just listen haha.

chrispl
03-31-2011, 06:10 PM
what about some family friendly wing places aside from the big ones (bp's, keg etc) ? all of the places i've heard of that are good and cheap are 18+

Disoblige
04-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

I have a friend who worked in that kitchen and he made me swear to never EVER eat there ever again.

Take it or leave it. But when someone you've worked with in the industry for years tells you not to eat somewhere after working in their kitchen you just listen haha.

I guess once you know then you wouldn't go again. But I'm certain there are more than a handful of places that you don't know, yet you still go to lol. Sometimes I just don't want to know..

stealth141
04-01-2011, 06:06 PM
The 9 cent ones at kingshead are so good, the sweet chilli is my favorite

pr0blematic
05-27-2011, 11:12 AM
So far, Jameson's has offered up the best wings I've tried in the city. Just the classic flavors, but their sauce to wing ratio is perfect not to mention I've never found bigger wings in the city. They're 0.25 but I'd easily pay 0.30. Try their Teri-Hot.

Bootleggers has decent flavor but they're small as hell.

Symons Valley Ranch USED to have decent sized wings and they were only 9 cents, but for some reason they've gone downhill in the last year or two. Lot's of deformities.

I agree with gqmw on Rips creamy buffalo flavor being delicious, but their wings were some of the tiniest, most overcooked, and most deformed wings I've ever had in the city, and I've been there 3 different times.

Kilkenny's does 0.01 ribs, and they're amazing. Get them with a Crown Float and the night is complete.

Anyone that's been to Jameson's know anywhere better that's in the NW? Selection of flavors to me is secondary to size of wings. I want big, juicy, non-deformed wings.

jav_
05-27-2011, 11:22 AM
the wings at bottlescrew bills are pretty big and pretty damn good, i dont know if they do wing nights but the portion you get would probably satisfy people here

Dave P
05-27-2011, 11:23 AM
I like the wings at Limricks. They are pretty big size wise. Only thing that makes me mad, is the last time i was there, they offer hot teryaki on the menu. I asked for honey garlic/hot and they said they couldnt do that. i dont get it haha

livinlarge89
06-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Can't believe I missed this thread

Ranchmans Mon/Wed wing nights also have 15 cent perogies, and the wings themselves are usually really good as well. Mixing flavors is no problem there, honey garlic/hot is fantastic, and they have honey mustard now too. Never full either even during flames games (as a plus during hockey/football games there's no country music), partially because everyone hates going there and partially because the places is just so huge lol. I should probably mention pints are 2 dollars with tax on wing night as well :) As for service....its like 50/50 you'll either get the best or worst waitress there so uh...just keep track of what you order

Last time I was at yardhouse the wings were great but I've heard kind of mixed reviews so take it or leave it. Also before 8 everything on the menu was half price including drinks, if that's still going on its worth going there just to get basically anything except for wings haha

Scope951
08-09-2011, 06:29 PM
+1 for Jamesons.

Best value I have found yet considering I am a weekly wing eater!

Daxin
08-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
I like the wings at Limricks. They are pretty big size wise. Only thing that makes me mad, is the last time i was there, they offer hot teryaki on the menu. I asked for honey garlic/hot and they said they couldnt do that. i dont get it haha

Next time, just ask for a side of hot sauce with your honey garlic... :)

OCDP
08-10-2011, 12:06 AM
You guys are missing out. Sinbads pub in the NE has by far the biggest wings I've ever seen in Calgary, and for 0.25 cents. I'd say jamesons has second biggest but these don't even compare. They're juicy as hell cooked oto perfection. Be warned, 10 of them and you're full. It's hard to sample all the flavors as it's pretty tough to eat more than 10. Try the Cajun and hot sauce mixed together. So good.

Yea it's a shit hole. But the wings are more than worth it.

Disoblige
09-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Hudson's Really Hot Wing Challenge; today's the last day if anyone was interested in doing it.

10 wings, 2 minutes. Easy right? :nut:

lasimmon
09-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Hudson's Really Hot Wing Challenge; today's the last day if anyone was interested in doing it.

10 wings, 2 minutes. Easy right? :nut:

Order a set. Eat 1 burn the mouth. Do the challenge. I know like 5 people who have done it at the Edmonton ones.

Disoblige
09-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Did it last year twice since I made it into the Finals ;)

yeerj
09-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Hose and Hound in Inglewood has some of the best wings in the city IMO. They're big and have plenty of flavour. $0.25 on Wednesdays. Only thing I don't like about the place is that it's definitely an older crowd and the waitresses aren't anything to write home about.

aaronck
09-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Black Swan in the Sw-

.25 each and very tasty every Wednesday.

Kobe
09-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Anyone been to Seanachies for .03cent ribs on Wednesdays? It's better then the 9cent wings they got on mondays (Which are fucken good btw) and cheaper...

Boat
09-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Moose Mguires Near the uofc on Uxbridge has 25 cent wings on tueday. They are oven baked iirc, delicious. I'm always in search of honey-hot wings and they have them.

As stated before Jamesons.. the wings are pretty good. and they are huge.

Boat
09-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Oh and interesting/gross fact. The Kilk's wings are shipped in from Mexico. :cry:

Disoblige
09-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Boat
Oh and interesting/gross fact. The Kilk's wings are shipped in from Mexico. :cry:
No wonder they taste like frozen POS chicken wings.

schocker
09-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Boat
Lol, never liked them that much.
Lately I have just been stopping in at scottsmans well as it is a few minutes away. Good wings and flavor choices.

Sorath
09-28-2011, 02:39 PM
reagle beagle wings - they`re salt and pepper wings are the best. taste like little KFC wings 25 cents on wednesday and sundays