PDA

View Full Version : Bought Computer Parts Online, Turned Out Used And Broken

Mar
01-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Wow, not really sure what to do here. Anyone ever buy from Blue Sky Ave before? I ordered some LCD mounting rails from www.blueskyave.com for my Dell Studio 15 because I cracked off the ends of mine when I was taking it apart to fix something else. This is what I bought:

http://www.blueskyave.com/servlet/the-3188/Dell-Studio-1535-1536/Detail

Does it mention anywhere on that page that they're used? When I got them in the mail there was metal wear where it looked like the screw holes had screws put in them already and also where it rubbed against the LCD. While not affecting the performance it was weird to see. So then I tried to install the one I needed and realized THIS FUCKING ONE IS CRACKED TOO! Here's what the picture on the Blue Sky Ave website looked like:

http://www.blueskyave.com/media/10/a20791812cf11c88383f19_l.jpg

And this is what they should look like, notice the flimsy end pieces where the screw goes is missing above:

http://www.parts-people.com/images/products/P935C.jpg

What a rip, never had that happen before. I already emailed the company to ask what happened but I'll likely stay away from them in the future.

spikerS
01-20-2011, 09:00 PM
are they owned by Banerjee corp?

Spoons
01-20-2011, 10:50 PM
My question is you even saw the picture are could tell that they were missing that piece on them and wasn't right... So why did you order them?

I am very confused by this?

Mar
01-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
My question is you even saw the picture are could tell that they were missing that piece on them and wasn't right... So why did you order them?

I am very confused by this?

I never noticed the picture until I checked it again tonight. I ordered $100 of parts from them, just found the part number, added to cart and checked out. It never occurred to me to check the picture to make sure the parts I'm buying aren't broken.

Zero102
01-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Mar
Does it mention anywhere on that page that they're used?

Actually, it does:
Right at the bottom in bold orange text:
http://i.imgur.com/eMF9O.png

What I don't get is why they list a used "grading" system, then don't say what grade letter these get? IMO if they are cracked they should never have been sent and are worthless. I'd fight them to replace them, but as far as I can tell you did pay for a used set.

Mar
01-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Used? No problem, I didn't have a big issue with that.
Broken? Problem.

I already emailed them about the broken parts, just waiting to hear back.

chkolny541
01-21-2011, 12:17 PM
idk , they clearly say used, and even provide a picture for you, doesnt seem like they really tried to hide anything, looks like a mistake on your part. You may be able to ship it back for a refund, but for 23$ you should really just cut your losses imo

Mar
01-21-2011, 01:35 PM
My problem is since they're broken they're useless, they can't be used for anything. Because one of mine is broken now it doesn't bend at the hinge, it bends the lid cover and has already split it from stress. So if I installed both of these the lid would split in half and the entire LCD would fold out. They're only good for the trash. Like I said, I don't have a problem with them being used.

It's not just $23, it's another $15 in shipping and $13 in UPS brokerages. These broken parts cost me $50.

QuasarCav
01-21-2011, 02:17 PM
You are an interesting individual. I would like to spend a few minutes in your head to see what is going on up there.

dexlargo
01-21-2011, 02:50 PM
The page does say that there is a 90 day warranty. So, they aren't sold as-is, and you should be able to get your money back, since they are not fit for their purpose.

Mar
01-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Got a refund. Picking up a new set from Ebay.

Mar
01-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
You are an interesting individual. I would like to spend a few minutes in your head to see what is going on up there.
Because I find an online retailer selling broken useless parts and give everyone a heads up about it? :dunno: You're welcome.