PDA

View Full Version : Ticket always worth fighting?

RPM
01-20-2011, 11:52 PM
I need some opinions. should fight this ticket I got today...I got pulled over because its "intesection awareness month" . The cop was hiding at T intersection that I failed to come to a complete stop at I merely came to a rolling stop.

Now I kind of agreed with the cop that ya maybe i didnt come to a complete stop. He was nice and gave me a ticket for not obeying a traffic device wich is 1 demerit and 100 dollers less than the 280 stop sign ticket.

My case might be that perhaps because he was waiting there looking for the infaction maybe he was not being very fair In his judgment. I dunno just a thought

Also I hear people say if you go to court and see the crown prosecutor you will often get a deal. True fact?

he gave me a different ticket, what would that mean in court nothing differnt?

Also how likely is it I pay more for fighting a ticket for court costs and such

any advice would be helpful

speedog
01-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah, go for it - fight the ticket.

Now c'mon - in reality, exactly how do you think you'd be able to convince someone that you didn't do anything wrong and besides that, it's 1 demerit and $100. I'm quite sure the judge or whomever you' see in court will know exactly what this ticket is all about and wouldn't be impressed if you were to make a big stink about it.

[Yu]
01-21-2011, 12:10 AM
If you want it simply reduced (the fee that is) you can just bring it to the Justice of Peace and present a case that you are having economic troubles and that you were not familiar with that intersection. Also present some story about how it helped you re-realize an important part of every day driving.

That would effectively reduce the fee. I can't guarantee it will always work, but the JoP usually is pretty good about it.

Also people always complain here how its a waste of hours of your time that could of resulted in work. Just go in before the office/courts open, and wait in line by where the workers scan you on the main floor. If you are around the first 10, you don't even have to wait an hour and you are out and can continue the rest of your day.

If that one demerit is that important to you (ie. suspended license) then it would be worth hiring someone to fight it, but otherwise its not worth it imo.

FraserB
01-21-2011, 12:27 AM
In before Toma:poosie:

Zero102
01-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by RPM
My case might be that perhaps because he was waiting there looking for the infaction maybe he was not being very fair In his judgment. I dunno just a thought

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Feruk
01-21-2011, 09:29 AM
As stated above, just go before the Justice of the Peace and you'll get your ticket reduced with little to no effort. Do not go before a judge, you'll lose. Cops word vs yours and he was perfectly positioned to spot you.

Do not hire a lawyer or any sort of representation. Court costs = $0. It's 100% free to go fight a ticket yourself.