PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on linkdin?

M.alex
01-21-2011, 07:14 PM
What do you guys think of linkdin in general?

A lot of my friends use it, but to me I've always thought that it represents too much of a privacy issue. Using it I've learned A LOT of interesting things about the past of some people I've worked with (not necessarily directly from linkdin, but what they wrote on it gave me clues to do further research and digging).

I would never put any of my info on it, simply because it opens up too many gates for people to start digging into stuff that may not be any of their business :dunno:

tictactoe2004
01-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
What do you guys think of linkdin in general?

A lot of my friends use it, but to me I've always thought that it represents too much of a privacy issue. Using it I've learned A LOT of interesting things about the past of some people I've worked with (not necessarily directly from linkdin, but what they wrote on it gave me clues to do further research and digging).

I would never put any of my info on it, simply because it opens up too many gates for people to start digging into stuff that may not be any of their business :dunno:

I 100% agree with you. Not just linkdin, but google in general, it's shocking the things you can find out about some people by just typing their name into google.

Cos
01-21-2011, 08:29 PM
I am on linkedin only because I am not on anything else. Google my name and you get my twitter account (locked down), my Linkenin account (I am 23rd on the list), and my pitching stats ;)

topmade
01-21-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm a IT guy and call me old school, but I try to keep as much personal info off the net as possible. I had some agencies tell me to make an linkdin account, but IMO, you're just doing their work for them when researching for new candidates. Sure they love it, but no thanks I'll pass.