PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage

dingbathero
01-23-2011, 12:25 PM
This goes out to the guy who road my ass, then my rear quater panel while leaning on his horn, under a bridge in Calgary today.

Go F**K yourself!

After we were under and the lane widened, he continued to lean on his horn and swurve back and forth towards my car ( I assume for intimidation). Then he proceeds to go straight in a turning lane to make a point to get my attention, he drives past me and then parks his truck in front of my car.

He wouldn't get out of his truck, so I asked him what the hell was the issue, apparently I was 'in the wrong the whole time dirving in 'his' lane' - under the bridge it NARROWED and wasn't 1 lane, but 2 very narrow lanes. Most people would have the sense, that when on the back end of a vehicle to let the one in front have the right of way.

He proceeded in his truck to calling me a 'stupid newfie' and telling me to 'get back on the boat boy' - If I was a stupid newfie, I wouldn't know the road signs.

So for those who on a Sunday morning feel the need to flip out, don't - it's not worth it, you look like a big ass. And the less intelligent one.

Here is a pic of said sign:http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/373/pw050103nolabels.gif

JimmyJones
01-23-2011, 12:30 PM
pass the fork and spoon newfie

Unknown303
01-23-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm chokin', I need a can of drink.

dingbathero
01-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by JimmyJones
pass the fork and spoon newfie

Originally posted by Unknown303
I'm chokin', I need a can of drink.

:facepalm:

JayDoggExclusiv
01-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Good old Calgary and there Red neck truck drivers lol

Guillermo
01-23-2011, 02:25 PM
when i first moved to calgary, i was going north on 14th st sw and needed to go west on crowchild, but didn't know that the righthand lane only went east... and it was rush hour so i had to stop in the lane and signal to merge left into westbound traffic.

anyways, this crazy german dickhead behind me was laying on the horn, and got so steamed that he actually got out of his car and ran up to mine and tried to open my door. luckily i had it locked, but he started punching on my car instead and telling me "GO BACK TO THE STATES., FUCKING AMERICAN!!!!!" (I had US plates on the car at the time.) I just stayed in my car, but in retrospect I should have called him a fucking nazi and told him that the US saved him and the rest of the world from Hitler, because the Germans were too fucking weak to do it. :whipped:

black13
01-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo
when i first moved to calgary, i was going north on 14th st sw and needed to go west on crowchild, but didn't know that the righthand lane only went east... and it was rush hour so i had to stop in the lane and signal to merge left into westbound traffic.

anyways, this crazy german dickhead behind me was laying on the horn, and got so steamed that he actually got out of his car and ran up to mine and tried to open my door. luckily i had it locked, but he started punching on my car instead and telling me "GO BACK TO THE STATES., FUCKING AMERICAN!!!!!" (I had US plates on the car at the time.) I just stayed in my car, but in retrospect I should have called him a fucking nazi and told him that the US saved him and the rest of the world from Hitler, because the Germans were too fucking weak to do it. :whipped:

to be fair that's seriously annoying. Stopping everyone behind you just because you couldn't read the signs properly would piss off anybody. Would it kill you to just go eastbound and just do a u-turn at the next bridge? It's seriously dangerous to come to a full stop in the middle of the road especially in rush hour.

Cos
01-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by black13

to be fair that's seriously annoying. Stopping everyone behind you just because you couldn't read the signs properly would piss off anybody. Would it kill you to just go eastbound and just do a u-turn at the next bridge? It's seriously dangerous to come to a full stop in the middle of the road especially in rush hour.

:werd:

reminds me of this

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/07/500x_youre_an_asshole_not_a_genius.jpg

xxviet
01-23-2011, 02:56 PM
WTF? you mean all these years this sign doesnt actually mean...

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/xxviet/pw050103nolabels.jpg

dingbathero
01-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by xxviet
WTF? you mean all these years this sign doesnt actually mean...

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/xxviet/pw050103nolabels.jpg

Gold!

CUG
01-23-2011, 03:15 PM
http://theturrettes.com/tunes.htm

First song.

gyu
01-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Haha one time I was driving on the highway and I don't really remember what happened but this truck driver got pissed at this one SUV on the highway and was driving side by side with him staring him down the whole way :rofl:

Another time I was at a stop sign waiting to turn left but the road was very busy and I couldn't make the turn and waited but the lady behind me got impatient and started honking and I can see her freaking out in the rear view mirror so I flipped the bird and drove off. She was mad for sure cause I accelerated harder than usual and she was keeping up for a bit before I turned off

Guillermo
01-23-2011, 11:29 PM

uhh, actually, traffic studies show that traffic moves faster when merging occurs at the very end of a lane, instead of merging earlier and lining up all the cars...

also, it wasn't a matter of reading signs - I turned on my signal when I first saw the sign that said "eastbound exit only" or whatever it says...

and regardless, you're saying that this gives the guy the right to storm out of his car and try to assault me? get a fucking life bud.

badatusrnames
01-23-2011, 11:39 PM
I just stayed in my car, but in retrospect I should have called him a fucking nazi and told him that the US saved him and the rest of the world from Hitler, because the Germans were too fucking weak to do it. :whipped:

Typical American. 75% of German troops fought on the Eastern front and sustained 70% of their casualties there. The Russians won the war in Europe. The war in Western Europe was a sideshow.

J-hop
01-23-2011, 11:44 PM

agreed. If I don't see an exit/turn/lane change till the last minute I keep going until the next place to turn around is or adjust my route accordingly. I can't stand people holding up traffic like that because they feel like their destination is more important than everyone else's. Just my personal opinion though.

black13
01-24-2011, 12:18 AM

uhh, actually, traffic studies show that traffic moves faster when merging occurs at the very end of a lane, instead of merging earlier and lining up all the cars...

also, it wasn't a matter of reading signs - I turned on my signal when I first saw the sign that said "eastbound exit only" or whatever it says...

and regardless, you're saying that this gives the guy the right to storm out of his car and try to assault me? get a fucking life bud.
yea ok traffic might move faster but you fuck everybody else waiting patiently behind you. If everyone just waited to merge at the last minute do you honestly think that would speed up traffic? some people like to be considerate and not just cut in front of others.

on your second point, ok so you turned on your signal and nobody let you in so you proceed to stop and waited till somebody did? that's a big no no. You drive not too slowly to see if somebody does, if not just keep driving and make the next turn/u-turn whatever.

and I never said what the other driver did was justified but you bet your ass I'd lay the horn on you for a good few seconds if I was behind you.

See this is the basic driving etiquette they need to teach some people in the driving exam. This kind of behavior just causes road rage and pisses everyone off.

Guillermo
01-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Typical American. 75% of German troops fought on the Eastern front and sustained 70% of their casualties there. The Russians won the war in Europe. The war in Western Europe was a sideshow.

wow, defensive much? i would obviously say that to him just to piss him off, not to be historically accurate. jeeze. :rolleyes:

m10-power
01-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Yes with massive equipment/supplies provided by the USA and others. Which allowed the Russians to survive long enough to build up enough to push back. Lend-Lease program look it up. Reality is the USA was absolutely the main reason the Nazi's lost the war, and without a doubt why the Japanese lost. Simple fact.

Wiki quote

"The USSR was highly dependent on rail transportation, but the war practically shut down rail equipment production: only about 92 locomotives were produced. 2,000 locomotives and 11,000 railcars were supplied under Lend-Lease. Likewise, the Soviet air force received 18,700 aircraft, which amounted to about 14% of Soviet aircraft production (19% for military aircraft).[15]

Although most Red Army tank units were equipped with Soviet-built tanks, their logistical support was provided by hundreds of thousands of U.S.-made trucks. Indeed by 1945 nearly two-thirds of the truck strength of the Red Army was U.S.-built. Trucks such as the Dodge 3/4 ton and Studebaker 2½ ton, were easily the best trucks available in their class on either side on the Eastern Front. American shipments of telephone cable, aluminum, canned rations, and clothing were also critical."

CUG
01-24-2011, 01:54 AM

This is true. That merge lane from 14st NB to WB Glenmore is the worst for this, people need to use that lane more often. It actually divides the traffic load of one lane into two.

Cos
01-24-2011, 08:29 AM

uhhhhh that is great but you weren't in a merge lane.

CUG
01-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Cos

uhhhhh that is great but you weren't in a merge lane. Better get a life there bud. :rofl:

SJW
01-24-2011, 09:19 AM
There are some seriously angry people in Calgary. One guy tried to follow me home to bitch me out one day. I take this personally. I stepped out, grabbed my hockey stick and the guy did a rockford files reverse spin-o-rama th'fuck outta there.

Anyway drive friendly, like it says in Texas.

calgary403
01-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by J-hop

agreed. If I don't see an exit/turn/lane change till the last minute I keep going until the next place to turn around is or adjust my route accordingly. I can't stand people holding up traffic like that because they feel like their destination is more important than everyone else's. Just my personal opinion though.

It especially pisses me off when traffic is going down to one lane for construction and there are SIGNS EVERYWHERE stating so and some assholes stay in the lane try and get right up to the front and cut in.

I never let those assholes in. That stuff is a major piss off.

SJW
01-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by calgary403

It especially pisses me off when traffic is going down to one lane for construction and there are SIGNS EVERYWHERE stating so and some assholes stay in the lane try and get right up to the front and cut in.

I never let those assholes in. That stuff is a major piss off.

You gotta just let this stuff go and not let it get to you. Those people will get their come-uppins. Just move on with your day and know that you are a better person for not being ignorant like them.

Kennyredline
01-24-2011, 01:41 PM
And yet........ANOTHER DOUCHEBAG IN A PICKUP!!!!
I love being right all the time.:rofl:

ddduke
01-24-2011, 10:55 PM
The way people drive and the things they do in Calgary are just crazy. Everyone drives like they're in the biggest rush and I don't understand why.

I was driving down 85th one day and out of nowhere some Altima full of teenagers comes screaming up on my ass and high beaming me. I pulled over to let them pass because I had no idea what was going on. Kept going on my way and out of nowhere they brake check me, so I stopped and they stopped. I reach into the back seat, grab a framing hammer (there were atleast 4 kids in the car and didn't wanna get jumped) and make my way to their car to ask wtf was wrong with them. All of a sudden they hit the gas and rip outta there.

sidewaysD
01-25-2011, 12:27 AM
:eek:

I guess my "Dont Fuck With Chuck" sticker helps out with no Road-rage douche baggery..

That and my "Tapout" decals.

Iceman_19
01-25-2011, 12:40 AM
tapout decals generally cause laughter.

msommers
01-25-2011, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by ddduke
People in Calgary are fucked.

Yes, we're all terrible. Do yourself a favor and leave!

ddduke
01-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by msommers

Yes, we're all terrible. Do yourself a favor and leave!

Is this really necessary? You're kind of a prick.

I was referring to the drivers in the city and some of the shit people do on the roads.

Disoblige
01-25-2011, 11:55 AM
^^ Well, in his defense what you meant and what you said are not the same.

ddduke
01-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
^^ Well, in his defense what you meant and what you said are not the same.

There. Edited for people who don't get the jist of what I was saying.

freshprince1
01-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by JayDoggExclusiv
Good old Calgary and there Red neck truck drivers lol

Bold words coming from someone who has trouble with basic grammar.

"their"

I think most people that complain about Calgary drivers have not been to many other places besides whatever po-dunk Saskatchewan town they moved here from. Yes, Calgary has its share of bad drivers. Get over it.

I just hope you never go to a place like Houston because your gentle little brains might explode with the amount of aggressive and oblivious drivers.

Stop complaining or get off the road.

J-hop
01-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by ddduke
The way people drive and the things they do in Calgary are just crazy. Everyone drives like they're in the biggest rush and I don't understand why.

I was driving down 85th one day and out of nowhere some Altima full of teenagers comes screaming up on my ass and high beaming me. I pulled over to let them pass because I had no idea what was going on. Kept going on my way and out of nowhere they brake check me, so I stopped and they stopped. I reach into the back seat, grab a framing hammer (there were atleast 4 kids in the car and didn't wanna get jumped) and make my way to their car to ask wtf was wrong with them. All of a sudden they hit the gas and rip outta there.

I like your style