PDA

View Full Version : How to create a top 40 hit

chkolny541
01-24-2011, 01:48 PM
I found this video hilarious, local hip hop artist and a buddy of mine dan bennett, also known as "Transit", teamed up with dave wallace to create a top 40 hit in 8 hours. They didnt do this in any way to obviously make a real hit track out of, but just to mock pop music today and how easy it is to create a top 40 track. And i gotta say im really impressed with the end result, they completed the track in just about 6 hours and still had time to go to red robins for a bite haha. Enjoy!

also for those interested Transit does have a FREE show this thurs (Jan 27) at dickens pub @9pm, its a battle of the bands and i think like 60% of the deision is audience reaction!

5PRKfj_5Oso

also just because i think this is hands down one of the most impressive videos ive ever seen

Nhfz26Lsvko

A790
01-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Dude, great post! My girlfriend who LOVES this kind of music ignores me when I say it all sounds the same...

TRUMP CARD LAID!

dj_patm
01-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Everyone thinks its so easy to make a top 40 hit. We should all just be millionares rolling in the dough.

Hell even if you think the only thing that creates a "hit" is record company budgets and radio payola, these "hitmakers" should easily be bringing in 50 grand a track at minimum just for there music. I mean thats on the very low end of the spectrum for a pop song writer/producer, which, as you state, is the easiest thing on the planet and since these guys can do it so well, they should be able to sell there "manufactured pop", left right and center.

But alas, they're playing at Dixons pub.

n1zm0
01-25-2011, 09:48 AM
:repost:

couple down

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/325635/top-40-pop-song-in-8-hours/

dj_patm
01-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Just listened to the video.

I understand its 8 hours and it was a joke but anyone saying this anywhere near a finished song let alone radio material, let alone a "hit" is high lol.

It's terrible. Even for a pop song.