PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Yama Food Deal!

max_boost
01-25-2011, 10:24 AM
$19 for $40 worth of food.

Who's been there? Another typical average Japanese restaurant? Or would you say it ranks higher up? I think highly of Wa's personally but I won't complain for trying out different restaurants at 50% off.

I looked at Spur GAstro Pub as the other deal on groupon but 41% reviews on Urbanspoon and guess what? A Penny lane restaurant, coincidence? They all have shitty reviews.

Shameless plug only because no one has posted it up yet:

http://www.dealfind.com/?a=411c2ef69039

lint
01-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Fujiyama is good. Haven't been in a few years though. Busy lunch times, always need reservations.

SilverGS
01-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Decent place to go for lunch on workdays. Good combo lunch deals. Surprised they did this coupon. They always seem very busy at lunch time

Disoblige
01-25-2011, 11:37 AM
lol.. Got some Sushi Motto, Banzai, now going to get a couple Fujiyama..

sexualbanana
01-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Anyone know if this applies to takeout?

max_boost
01-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Doesn't apply to take out and I just read there are restrictions. Also applies to a la carte only. That's too bad, the dinner specials look so good! :drool:

kenny
01-25-2011, 02:16 PM
They're probably trying to drive some traffic to their 17th ave location.

max_boost
01-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Is Fuji Yama the old Kyoto 17 on 17th??

SilverGS
01-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Wha??!! only on a la carte? No wonder. I always just go get the combo lunches and dinners.

sexualbanana
01-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Is Fuji Yama the old Kyoto 17 on 17th??

Yup

SilverGS
01-25-2011, 03:27 PM
So the deal is good for the combos just not the lunch specials.

Xtrema
01-25-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't see the any restriction other than no Valentine Day and 1 voucher per table.

max_boost
01-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I don't see the any restriction other than no Valentine Day and 1 voucher per table.

http://www.dealfind.com/discuss.php?DiscussionID=966

In the FAQ. Doesn't apply to the lunch/dinner specials.

It's all good. Still a very good deal.

:D:drool:

CRXguy
01-25-2011, 11:06 PM

http://www.dealfind.com/discuss.php?DiscussionID=966

In the FAQ. Doesn't apply to the lunch/dinner specials.

It's all good. Still a very good deal.

:D:drool:

Apparently there is no restriction on lunch. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

bignerd
01-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Shameless plug only because no one has posted it up yet:

http://www.dealfind.com/?a=411c2ef69039

Also helps when you get referral $$$ everytime someone buys through your link... so not totally shameless afterall.

Disoblige
01-26-2011, 12:28 AM
All the restaurants so far have been average at best. Sushi Motto, and Fujiyama are places that you might not go to if you did not have the coupon.

Banzai on the other hand offers great Donburi's for lunch which are quite cheap. However, if you're going to use the coupon you're not going to get credit back so it's kinda tough unless you're going with a friend or two.

From the reviews I've heard thus far since the Fujiyama @ 17th opened, I don't think I would be a fan. But I did get 2 coupons to try out. Saving $20 on a $70 bill is still worth it to me, at least to satisfy the craving. :dunno:

max_boost
01-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

I guess there isn't a lunch restriction. Sweet!

Originally posted by bignerd

Also helps when you get referral $$$ everytime someone buys through your link... so not totally shameless afterall.

Well I wanted to throw up the link to see if anyone would buy off of it and no one did hahaha Everyone's smart, start up a separate account and buy your own link :devil:

Originally posted by Disoblige
All the restaurants so far have been average at best. Sushi Motto, and Fujiyama are places that you might not go to if you did not have the coupon.

Banzai on the other hand offers great Donburi's for lunch which are quite cheap. However, if you're going to use the coupon you're not going to get credit back so it's kinda tough unless you're going with a friend or two.

From the reviews I've heard thus far since the Fujiyama @ 17th opened, I don't think I would be a fan. But I did get 2 coupons to try out. Saving $20 on a $70 bill is still worth it to me, at least to satisfy the craving. :dunno:

I'm going to :werd:

Motto's sushi is very average. Their cooked food is good but their prices aren't exactly cheap. Wa's is still my default #1 sushi restaurant. I did buy 5 vouchers for Fujiyama and got $7 referral/voucher (they later changed it to $4 referral/voucher) so I'm basically paying $12 for $40 worth of food. :thumbsup: :eek:

gkAeris
01-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

I was there for lunch, you can't use it on lunch specials but you can if you order a la carte

R-Audi
01-27-2011, 08:54 AM
My favorite part about Eating at Fujiyama is not eating at Fujiyama! The Lounge next door (Concept) serves their full menu... I doubt the coupons would work there though.