PDA

View Full Version : Business Logo Designs

Masked Bandit
01-25-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm looking for some help on a business logo design. I'm easily one of the least artistic people on the planet so this is not something I'm going to be doing myself. I've found some pretty extreme swings in pricing from various different companies so I'm looking to hear from some people who have been in this situation before or perhaps do this stuff for a living. Who has experience with this?

adam c
01-25-2011, 12:52 PM
depends what you're looking for?

JayDoggExclusiv
01-25-2011, 01:18 PM
OP I can give you ideas...Me and my dad run Stavros Pizza and Steak House...So I am kinda farmiliar with the situation..

plus I am an artist as a hobby.

what kinda company are you designing a logo for?

Zewind
01-25-2011, 01:43 PM
When I was looking to get a professional logo for Calgary Racing Core. I saw quotes from $1000 to $5000 for 3 concepts. Thats hard to swollow.

Someone on the forum suggested

http://www.designcontest.com/

Kloubek
01-25-2011, 01:53 PM
It can vary greatly. If you hire some dude who lives at home and just got out of high school (or is still in it) then you can get something done really cheap. But it is a toss-up whether or not they have the skills to do a proper job. You might luck out by finding a just-out-of-college designer who actually learned a decent amount, and are willing to design something for cheap because they are hard up.

Then you can get someone who does stuff on the side (like me) for more. But it still might be in upwards of about a grand - which might be too much for many people. A private individual also doesn't always have the accountability a larger company would.

Then you can go to a small design company or up to a studio/marketing firm. Here you can expect to pay anywhere from a couple of grand up to ten grand or more.

It also depends how easy you are to please, how many concepts you expect, etc. The more work put into it, the more you are likely to pay.

I think that design contest site Zewind posted looks like a great idea... you might be able to find a happy medium and the best of both worlds!

wintonyk
01-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Zewind
When I was looking to get a professional logo for Calgary Racing Core. I saw quotes from $1000 to $5000 for 3 concepts. Thats hard to swollow.

Someone on the forum suggested

http://www.designcontest.com/

My boss did this or something similar for his Supplement company. You essentially post a reward then people go to town on a logo based on your idea. You can give feedback to get more of what you want. Then when you choose the logo that guy gets the reward. Our design came from some random dude in India.

A790
01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
I was going to say DesignContest... have used them dozens of times :)

Masked Bandit
01-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Sorry for the lack of replies in my own thread guys.

Basically I'm just looking for something simple, easily duplicated and somewhat eyecatching. I've got a couple of leads that I'm chasing down so hopefully it'll work out. Who would've though this would be so tricky when starting a new business.