PDA

View Full Version : found a iphone says no sim

rollinv4l
01-25-2011, 10:32 PM
I am just wondering today i found a iphone 3g that says no sim, I am just wondering can i still use this as a ipod and not a phone.

Thank you:

KuruptEX
01-25-2011, 10:34 PM
i would turn that phone into the apple store so they can trace down the owner using the serial number.

rollinv4l
01-25-2011, 11:03 PM
the phone is from someone in ontario, if it was from someone in calgary i would give it back

Joe-G
01-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Jailbreak and unlock it...

Team_Mclaren
01-25-2011, 11:06 PM
jailbreak that shit and use it as an ipod. thats what i did with my iphone 2g

kvg
01-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Ransom it. Lol

bignerd
01-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by rollinv4l
the phone is from someone in ontario, if it was from someone in calgary i would give it back
Peope in Ontario that lose their shit don't want it back??

Killa_Kam
01-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by bignerd

Peope in Ontario that lose their shit don't want it back?? :werd:

GorG
01-26-2011, 12:18 AM
they most likely got a 4g ipod and no longer need a 3g jail break it and use it

spike98
01-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Return it to the owner. Period. Call some numbers in the phone if there are some. Contacts like "home" "mom" or "dominatrix" are good places to start.

You can also connect to wifi somewhere and see if there facebook account is still logged in. Find the name and send em a messege.

Open the email app to get the persons email address.

At any rate, its unacceptable for you to just keep it. Period. Its not yours, you never paid for it, and should not treat it as such.

If you want an ipod, get a fucking job and buy one.

Give the person thier god damn phone back. Get some good karma.

desi112
01-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by spike98
Return it to the owner. Period. Call some numbers in the phone if there are some. Contacts like "home" "mom" or "dominatrix" are good places to start.

You can also connect to wifi somewhere and see if there facebook account is still logged in. Find the name and send em a messege.

At any rate, its unacceptable for you to just keep it. Period. Its not yours, you never paid for it, and should not treat it as such.

the right thing to do.

SOAB
01-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by desi112

the right thing to do.

fuck it. they're from Ontario. they're probably an asshole anyway. :rofl:

CapnCrunch
01-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Lol are you seriously going to keep it?

How about you pretend you're a good human being for one day and actually try to get it returned to the owner? I know if I lost my phone, I'd be pretty happy to get it back.

msommers
01-26-2011, 10:14 AM
^:rofl:

Try to get ahold of them and see if they'll pay to have it shipped out there. If they don't care, well then jailbreak that shit.

sputnik
01-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Hopefully they don't backtrace you if you choose to keep it.

Tomaz
01-26-2011, 10:19 AM

DING DING!

Be a man, do the right thing!

hash
01-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz

DING DING!

:werd:

LollerBrader
01-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Hopefully they don't backtrace you if you choose to keep it.

HAHahaha..

z2two
01-26-2011, 12:18 PM
this thread is fail. OP use your head please.

Buffalo Soldier
01-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Finders keepers losers weepers

n1zm0
01-26-2011, 12:43 PM
I am just wondering today i found a iphone 3g that says no sim, I am just wondering can i still use this as a ipod and not a phone.

why even ask? you didnt even try and load some songs onto it to find out?

ridiculars...

interlude
01-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Just remember Karma.

One day you will lose something double its value, and they wont return it.

rollinv4l
01-26-2011, 09:35 PM
man i have found $3,000 cash once and returned it and i didn't even see a penny from that so now that makes me think twice on giveing shit back, hell if i lost $3,000 i would atleast give the guy a few hundred dollars.

The_Rural_Juror
01-26-2011, 09:50 PM
man i have found $3,000 cash once and returned it and i didn't even see a penny from that so now that makes me think twice on giveing shit back, hell if i lost $3,000 i would atleast give the guy a few hundred dollars.

That's some cheap ass. I think a good policy is to gift half the value of whatever was returned.

project240
01-26-2011, 09:52 PM

lol. You shouldn't return something hoping for a reward...

Just before Christmas I found an Iphone in the snow at a home depot parking lot. The phone was dead so I took it home and charged it up. Called the guy the next day and returned it to his girlfriend.

He called me later that evening and expressed how thankful he was that I returned it. That's all I wanted... He continually insisted he at least wanted to buy us a nice bottle of wine and I finally agreed. Said he would call me the next day... never heard from him again.

In the end, I'm still happy and was happy to get it back to the owner.

Muji
01-26-2011, 10:03 PM

Karma dude, hear it coming? I for one will not be doing any buying or selling with you in the future, I do not trust you if you do indeed keep the iPhone.

Muji
01-26-2011, 10:07 PM

That is what you base your honesty bar upon? You are a cheap soul to buy. I agree a little reward was justified, when you do the right thing something good will come along.

gqmw
01-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Lol I like how so many of you are trying to act all righteous when in reality a lot of you would probably keep it if you were in this position, you just wouldn't post it on a car forum.

Returning it is definitely the right thing to do, but I can understand where the op is coming from. If the original owner is from ontario, it definitely would be a bit of a hassle to get it back to him.

Guillermo
01-26-2011, 11:16 PM
LOL

you have to be pretty fuckin' hard up to essentially steal someones iPhone so that you can use it as an iPod... that's pretty fucking ghetto. i bet most of the stealing proponents are from the NE (defined as anything north of dover :rofl: ).

Isaiah
01-26-2011, 11:27 PM
I personally don't buy the "no sim" business. Unless it appeared after you removed the sim card yourself. I don't see a lost iphone just puking up its sim card in the hopes that some skinny, greedy, ghetto, popped collar, gangster wannabe will find it and want to use it as an ipod.

Muji
01-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by gqmw
Lol I like how so many of you are trying to act all righteous when in reality a lot of you would probably keep it if you were in this position, you just wouldn't post it on a car forum.

Returning it is definitely the right thing to do, but I can understand where the op is coming from. If the original owner is from ontario, it definitely would be a bit of a hassle to get it back to him.

You are speaking for yourself, you are the only one who can. So, do not pretend to know another person, how can you? We all live with the actions we personally make, make your bed, sleep in it and reap the rewards.

spike98
01-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
I personally don't buy the "no sim" business. Unless it appeared after you removed the sim card yourself. I don't see a lost iphone just puking up its sim card in the hopes that some skinny, greedy, ghetto, popped collar, gangster wannabe will find it and want to use it as an ipod.

My thoughts exactly. How do you know its an ontario phone? Did it have a number?

Guillermo
01-27-2011, 12:33 AM
yea, i really don't see someone removing their sim card right before they happen to lose their iPhone...

eglove
01-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz

DING DING!

BEE A MAN, DEW DA RITE FING

[Yu]
01-27-2011, 12:55 AM

Once again, you are the minority here in regards to your opinion. This is in regards to a previous poster commenting on your post.

Just because you think you'd rather keep it, doesn't mean the rest of us are. And a hassle because he is from Ontario? sure I won't go out of my way in planning on how he can get his phone back, nor would I fork out my own money. But the least you can do is contact him, and maybe he can think of something that would only cost you a bit of your time to help someone out.

As for the OP, wow, you expect a reward for returning something? thats just brutal man. Sure it might be a hassle, but knowing you helped someone out is much better than keeping that iphone.

Just this winter, I went to eat at the subway across from the library, and this guy forgot his wallet. I recognized his face from the library, so I took it instead of leaving it at subway. I walked all around the library during finals season and looked at each cubicle to find him.

In the end I finally found him, and he appreciated it so much that I returned his wallet. I didn't get a "reward" nor did I expect one.

CUG
01-27-2011, 01:33 AM

Returning it is definitely the right thing to do, but I can understand where the op is coming from. If the original owner is from ontario, it definitely would be a bit of a hassle to get it back to him. I don't understand where the OP is coming from. Improving the quality of a society begins with small things like this and the snowball effect it can create. You're on your own, son.

gqmw
01-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by [Yu]

Once again, you are the minority here in regards to your opinion. This is in regards to a previous poster commenting on your post.

Just because you think you'd rather keep it, doesn't mean the rest of us are. And a hassle because he is from Ontario? sure I won't go out of my way in planning on how he can get his phone back, nor would I fork out my own money. But the least you can do is contact him, and maybe he can think of something that would only cost you a bit of your time to help someone out.

I didn't say I was going to keep it. I can afford to buy myself an iphone/ipod whatever. As you said, you wouldn't go out of your way or fork out your own money. That's the point I'm making here, none of us know the complete story.

When I say I understand where he's coming from, it's cause none of us are in his situation. You guys all say that you'd do this or that in the situation, but because I'm not in his exact situation I can't 100% say with certainty that I wouldn't just be lazy to return it. I can't see how you guys can either. I understand where he's coming from cause I could certainly be lazy if I were his situation. I wouldn't keep it though cause that'd just make me feel bad for not trying harder to return it...I'd probably just give it to the apple store or lost and found or whatever.

I agree with you guys that the no sim card is quite fishy...I don't see anyone taking out their sim before losing their phone.

And I retract my previous comment about everyone acting "righteous," I guess we do have some good people on beyond. :thumbsup:

cjay^
01-27-2011, 02:14 AM
oh hey you found my phone!

karma isn't real guys quit that bullshit lol

CapnCrunch
01-27-2011, 08:10 AM
I wonder what this thread would look like if all the members from the NE were banned. I'm guessing this guy would already have his phone back.

interlude
01-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch
I wonder what this thread would look like if all the members from the NE were banned. I'm guessing this guy would already have his phone back.

bahhahhaha

thanks that made my morning

codetrap
01-27-2011, 11:27 AM

Wow. Just, wow.

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
That's some cheap ass. I think a good policy is to gift half the value of whatever was returned.

Really. So, instead of the guy losing $3k, he's only losing $1.5k?

Fucking GenME entitlement bullshit.

$3k.. I had someone fuck up a bank deposit once and deposit 12k into my account. It sat there for a week and a bit before I noticed it. I immediately called the bank and told them what had happened, and ensured it got returned to the owner. It almost came down to me having to write a personal cheque to give the guy his money back. The bank didn't give a crap as everything was done right by them, it was totally the guys fault.

Did I expect a reward? Hell no. I did what was right. Could I have simply kept the money? According to the bank lady, yes.

Doing good things is NOT about hoping for a reward from the recipient of your kindness, it's about hoping that someday, when you're up shit creek, someone will do something kind for you.

Zephyr
01-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
Fucking GenME entitlement bullshit.

$3k.. I had someone fuck up a bank deposit once and deposit 12k into my account. It sat there for a week and a bit before I noticed it. I immediately called the bank and told them what had happened, and ensured it got returned to the owner. It almost came down to me having to write a personal cheque to give the guy his money back. The bank didn't give a crap as everything was done right by them, it was totally the guys fault.

Did I expect a reward? Hell no. I did what was right. Could I have simply kept the money? According to the bank lady, yes.

Doing good things is NOT about hoping for a reward from the recipient of your kindness, it's about hoping that someday, when you're up shit creek, someone will do something kind for you.

:werd:

almerick
01-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Karma is all bullshit. I do things because I know myself it's the right thing to do. Has anything good happened to me after collecting "karma cookie points"? Fuck no.

D. Dub
01-27-2011, 12:24 PM

So you give back $3000 but you'll keep the Iphone.

So your morals are dependent on the dollar amount then?

rollinv4l
01-27-2011, 05:08 PM
no i would give it back if the guy lived here how do i know that the person that i give it to at the store will not keep it.

spike98
01-27-2011, 05:14 PM
no i would give it back if the guy lived here how do i know that the person that i give it to at the store will not keep it.

How do you know that the guy lives in ontario?

Its the guys job to try and return it. If he does keep it, at least YOU did the right thing.

Singulari
01-27-2011, 05:28 PM
I really think that all of these posts are unnecessary.
If the OP feels inclined to return the iPhone to the original owner, that is entirely up to him. We can't make decisions for him.

Also, if you have returned $3000 before, it doesn't mean that he is obligated to give you something in return. Maybe it was circumstantial? It might not have been a good situation for the person to give you a small reward for your efforts of returning his assets.

In regards to what Almerick said, you can't perform actions and perceive that you will benefit from doing what is right. If you don't believe in Karma, that is fine by me. I'm also a non-believer. I don't expect anything in return for doing good deeds. That way, you won't be disappointed and you'll also feel good about it.

spike98
01-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Singulari
I really think that all of these posts are unnecessary.

So is 99% of the internet. Luckily your opinion (or mine for that matter) doesn't mean shit.

That aside, im curious as to why the OP is dodging my questions.

jsn
01-27-2011, 06:42 PM

This. I really doubt that everyone who posted that they'd return it would actually go through the hassle of trying to call the guy and then shipping it to Ontario. Either that, or the people who would keep it just kept quiet (which I bet is the majority). If I was to go to Mac Hall tomorrow and drop my iphone 4 somewhere on purpose, I'm almost certain that I would not get it back. Returning it IS the right thing to do, but I really doubt that a majority of the people would actually return it.

msommers
01-27-2011, 06:53 PM

Shortly after Christmas, I was up at the Chapter's in Dalhousie. Walking to the store I noticed a girl's huge fucking wallet lying in the snow. Cleaned it up and left it at the front desk of Chapters.

Believe it or not, some people do the right thing because it is the right thing. Not for karma, not for what other people think, not because God will smite you otherwise...whatever your excuse might be. Do it because you're an honest fucking person.

Mar
01-27-2011, 07:17 PM
If the original owner is from ontario, it definitely would be a bit of a hassle to get it back to him.

"Hi, police, I found this, please see it gets returned, thank you."

That was HARD.

I found some chick's wallet walking home New Year's morning (the ID was the same name as my retarded roommate, thought I drank way too much when I saw that). I ended up going through the phone book looking at the last name and address, got a phone number, left a message, heard nothing. I drove my ass to another city to return it, not home. Left my number with her roommate, heard nothing. Jesus, so my parents went out and left their number in the mailbox on a note, got a call and then they went out again and returned it. She mumbled something and shut the door but at least it was the right thing to do.

Just admit it that you stole the phone and made lame excuses as to why you can't return it.

kvg
01-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

No, the OP wouldn't be a member.:D

codetrap
01-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by jsn

This. I really doubt that everyone who posted that they'd return it would actually go through the hassle of trying to call the guy and then shipping it to Ontario. Either that, or the people who would keep it just kept quiet (which I bet is the majority). If I was to go to Mac Hall tomorrow and drop my iphone 4 somewhere on purpose, I'm almost certain that I would not get it back. Returning it IS the right thing to do, but I really doubt that a majority of the people would actually return it.

I sold my Jetta a few days ago. The guy lives in Vancouver. I found the middle headrest for it this morning. Contacted him, and I'm shipping it at my cost to his house.

So, yes, I'd ship the phone back to someone in Toronto. Wouldn't think twice about it.

CapnCrunch
01-28-2011, 07:55 AM

Just kill yourself please.

ClearBluewater
01-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by codetrap

I sold my Jetta a few days ago. The guy lives in Vancouver. I found the middle headrest for it this morning. Contacted him, and I'm shipping it at my cost to his house.

So, yes, I'd ship the phone back to someone in Toronto. Wouldn't think twice about it.

I hope you realize its not really the same thing

googe
01-29-2011, 05:23 AM

Hey Mark - don't trouble yourself, just ship it to me collect. Won't cost you a thing. I guarantee I can find the owner. I am not going to keep it, I already have two. I'll even give you $20 for your trouble. You don't have to put a return address or give your name and I am not concerned with how you got a hold of it. Deal?

After all, it would suck if it was some poor student that wanted their stuff back (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=99760&highlight=Im%20a%20poor%20university%20student%20and%20want%20my%20stuff%20back.) . How did that go for you in the end? Sounds like some good people stepped in and helped you out with that unfortunate situation? That is always good to hear.

codetrap
01-29-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by ClearBluewater

I hope you realize its not really the same thing

I'm making the point that I wouldn't hesitate to go out of my way, or incur some cost to simply do what's right. I didn't have to tell the buyer about the headrest. He had no idea it existed. I could have just chucked it and forgotten about it.

spike98
01-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by googe

Hey Mark - don't trouble yourself, just ship it to me collect. Won't cost you a thing. I guarantee I can find the owner. I am not going to keep it, I already have two. I'll even give you $20 for your trouble. You don't have to put a return address or give your name and I am not concerned with how you got a hold of it. Deal?

After all, it would suck if it was some poor student that wanted their stuff back (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=99760&highlight=Im%20a%20poor%20university%20student%20and%20want%20my%20stuff%20back.) . How did that go for you in the end? Sounds like some good people stepped in and helped you out with that unfortunate situation? That is always good to hear.

HAHAHAHA you hypocritical piece of shit. I hope you get cancer.

codetrap
01-29-2011, 12:35 PM

Oh shit. SNAP! Lol

D. Dub
01-29-2011, 12:37 PM

HAHAHAHA you hypocritical piece of shit. I hope you get cancer.

Penis cancer.

Masked Bandit
01-29-2011, 12:42 PM

Gold Jerry, Gold! Nice find.

So OP, do you have anything to say for yourself?

Jeremiah
01-29-2011, 01:36 PM
OP is a fucking tool, period

tirebob
01-29-2011, 04:13 PM
We went to Texas a year ago to visit family. We were cleaning the rental car the day before returning it and found an iPhone in between the seats. Look up phone numbers in the phone and found one that was Mom. Called her up and she was ecstatic because her 14 year old daughter was in tears because she saved alll her babysitting money to buy it and didn't know where she lost it. We got her address and I took it to fed-ex and sent it to her. I even paid for the shipping. She said to send it collect on her company account number but I didn't care because sometimes it is just nice to do the right thing and put a smile on someones face. I never left a home address or phone number because I didn't want them feel any obligation to reciprocate anything our way.

People that expect a reward for doing the right thing remind me of my kids when they think they deserve to get paid for cleaning their own messy rooms up...

rollinv4l
01-30-2011, 05:05 PM
I have tried to give it back even found the guy's e-mail address in the phone but they dont reply to the e-mail i sent and i even called his brother that is in calgary no answer or message back.

cancer man
01-31-2011, 08:59 AM
I left my LG phone in a customers car and when i called her she denied it was there.Oh well some people are just born to be crooks.

Sugarphreak
01-31-2011, 09:22 AM