PDA

View Full Version : Toyota FT-86 II Pre-production Concept Teasser Released!

jwocky
01-26-2011, 09:40 AM
from FT86club (http://www.ft86club.com)

FT-86 II concept: New Toyota concept to hint at next sports car

The 2011 Geneva motor show will mark the premiere of a new evolution of the FT-86 sports concept vehicle presented for the first time at the 2009 Tokyo motor show. -

Teaser Image: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=939

Sentry
01-26-2011, 10:19 AM
"Pre production concept teaser"?

:whocares:

bituerbo
01-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Futher down in that article it states that Motor Trend claim it will be STi powered. If so, that means it will no longer be 20~25k, otherwise it will take share away from the Subaru Impreza WRX Sti.

Tomaz
01-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Toyota is reminding me of this girl I know.

For years she would be flirting, teasing, innuendos, sometimes light petting would be involved. In the end, she never did put out.

Even if she did, I don't think it will be worth it.

Just fucking do it already! Or shut the fuck up about it! Jesus!

:banghead:

bigboom
01-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Futher down in that article it states that Motor Trend claim it will be STi powered. If so, that means it will no longer be 20~25k, otherwise it will take share away from the Subaru Impreza WRX Sti.

The WRX STI is an AWD sedan/hatch...this will be a rwd coupe, id like to think that people in the market for these two cars are quite different.

atgilchrist
01-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Holy hell, just release the damn car already! It will inevitably be closer to $40g's and much more boring than all the concept hype, I'm so sick of hearing about it.

Xtrema
01-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Vaporware.....

94boosted
01-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz

:werd:

All this speculation is so annoying. But if it was STi powered that would be :bigpimp:

jdmXSI
01-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by bigboom

The WRX STI is an AWD sedan/hatch...this will be a rwd coupe, id like to think that people in the market for these two cars are quite different.

Rumor has it that in the later part of this year they will be releasing a "new" STi completly seperate from the Impreza Chasis and by the looks of it, its going to be a 2 door as well.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/14/subaru-confirms-toyobaru-sports-coupe-for-geneva/

heavyD
01-26-2011, 12:10 PM
The only thing confirmed for the initial launch models so far is that the Toyota and Subaru versions will be identcal save for styling and both will only be powered by an N/A 2.0L Subaru 4-cyl. That is it. No STI engines, no AWD versions. Supposedly this project is already running over budget so if there are any higher performance models it's doubtful they would arrive until later in the generation.

Shlade
01-26-2011, 01:09 PM
If I could punch everybody in the face threw my computer screen when they posted stupid knews about this stupid car thats never coming out, Especially posting it on beyond, A lot of people would have broken noses.

Dumbest vehicle in history to date and its being kept alive by a bunch of subaru and toyota fan boys

Mibz
01-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Vaporware..... DNF release in 5 months so FT-86 release in.... 2022?

CMW403
01-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
If I could punch everybody in the face threw my computer screen when they posted stupid knews about this stupid car thats never coming out, Especially posting it on beyond, A lot of people would have broken noses.

Dumbest vehicle in history to date and its being kept alive by a bunch of subaru and toyota fan boys

:rolleyes:

And if I could punch everybody in the face that doesn't know the difference between "through" and "threw", or that can't properly structure a sentence, you would have ten broken noses.

Toyota has been blue balling us with this bullshit concept for long enough. It's time to put this bitch in production so that I can afford a used one in a few years. :whipped:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Will be boring as hell when it comes out I bet.

max_boost
01-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Toyota is reminding me of this girl I know.

For years she would be flirting, teasing, innuendos, sometimes light petting would be involved. In the end, she never did put out.

Even if she did, I don't think it will be worth it.

LOL

:werd:

Waited too long so I've already moved on! haha

Godfuader
01-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by atgilchrist
It will inevitably be closer to $40g's...
That means $25K USD :thumbsup: I am looking for a new car by next summer. Let's hope this doesn't getting pushed back GT5 style...otherwise a used S5 it is!

heavyD
01-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Will be boring as hell when it comes out I bet.

I don't know if I would right if off this early. Toyota and Subaru should be able to put something pretty decent together. Outside of the Mustang the RWD there isn't really anything really compelling in the RWD coupe market segment. The Genesis couple is so-so, the 370Z is receiving the cold shoulder from buyers, the RX8 has been dead for years.