PDA

View Full Version : Question about insurance?

Hage69
01-26-2011, 12:18 PM
So today my brother will be getting his license, and he has his own car and he needs to get it insured right away. The thing is when I got my license, I had to wait until the plastic card came to get insured.

We were just wondering if there was a way where he can get his car insured and driveable with the piece of paper you get for the 2 week period?

Oh and forgot to mention that when I was getting insurance I didn't walk into the insurance brokers office, I emailed it to him. Insurance provider is Lundgren & Young insurance if that helps.

TIA

Zewind
01-26-2011, 12:22 PM
He should be able to walk into an broker or agency to get insurance.

bring the paper lic
bill of sale
void cheque (if on monthly)
Payment.
Driver Training Certificate

Hage69
01-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Zewind
He should be able to walk into an broker or agency to get insurance.

bring the paper lic
bill of sale
void cheque (if on monthly)
Payment.
Driver Training Certificate

He already has it insured under my dads name, but he wants to go under secondary driver.

Tik-Tok
01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Hage69

He already has it insured under my dads name, but he wants to go under secondary driver.

If it's already under your dads name, whats the rush? Why not just wait the 2 weeks?

Hage69
01-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

If it's already under your dads name, whats the rush? Why not just wait the 2 weeks?

Cause he works at Cross Iron Mills and he doesn't want risk getting into an accident on deerfoot with no insurance.

Zewind
01-26-2011, 02:00 PM
OK - So

Your Dad has the vehicle insured under his policy.

And Brother just got his Class 5 DL (with GDL?).

But your brother is not insured under your dad's policy as a secondary driver?

Then your dad needs to call his insurance broker to add your brother.

Masked Bandit
01-26-2011, 09:07 PM
There's no need to wait for the original license with the photo. The only thing that matters is the license number which will remain the same for the rest of his life. I probably see a license for one out of every 100 policies I write.