PDA

View Full Version : 4cHAN vs Egypt

broken_legs
01-27-2011, 03:50 AM
I don't use 4chan - can someone confirm if this is true?

by CPL
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 21:42

http://irc.lc/anonops/wikileaks
Channel is #opEgypt

LOIC channel

4chan is warming up right now to shut down Egypt.

Holy shit...100k of LOIC running on singular targets. Screw Stuxnet. 100,000 annoyed teenagers might be the key.

* flag as junk (0)

by Orly
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 21:43

What are you talking about? Speak English! It sounds exciting, whatever it is.

* flag as junk (0)

by CPL
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 22:00

Well, as the nerd herd we install a piece of software called LOIC. LOIC joins an IRC channel (at one point in time it's where fat, neck beards used to talk to each other and pretend they were women to cybersex with other neck beards pretending to be interested). Now it's used to organise DDoS attacks.

The DDoS attack emulates billions of server requests in a very short period of time using something called multicast which is usually (if not always) poorly setup on networking equipment between the IRC channel where all the LOIC's gather, which turns one attack into a thousand. Multiply one thousand by 100k and you can kick banks over, force servers to reboot, phone systems to shut down, firewalls to become "fire-fences with an open gate".

It is when the unstopable meets a match stick fort.

Hard to explain it anymore than that. I would post the download link, but if you can't hide behind proxy's and public VPN's it's fairly illegal to ...ummm... perform the action of all of the above.

The channel is targeting Egyptian government communications right now to keep the army at bay on the request of another anon providing twitter content. If we keep pounding on communications then people have a chance to get out of town a little faster. Appearently they are shelling bits of Suez right now looking at the IRC back chatter.

* flag as junk (0)

by Orly
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 22:10

So that is the mechanics of how the cybercommunity is getting back for Assange?

What does it mean, "shelling"?

* flag as junk (0)

by CPL
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 22:18

AS in the Egyptian army is dropping 5 pound shells on their own civilian population because the police force has cleared out of town after the rioters burned down the police stations and a couple of places they knew people were tortured...plus a couple of other government buildings.

The anon in the channel is one of the govie techies and is giving directions from memory because there is no power and all land lines have been cut. Some of the local techs and engineers hijacked the verizon sat tower and got it up and running on a generator to keep sending tweets and maintain some basic communication in the area to keep pushing information outside of the area. Appearently the reporters, all of them have been accidentally shot.

Revenge of the nerd...the anon in channel just wants to get the fuck out of town and is shooting photos over his shoulder and getting his grandma out of town. Least that can be done is give him an extra five minutes.

* flag as junk (0)

by Orly
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 22:21

Wow. Can you imagine, even three years ago this would have been impossible?

May you live in interesting times is an understatement. Apparently, I have been truly blessed!

Stay safe and keep us informed.

* flag as junk (0)

by CPL
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 22:26

Oh I'm fine, I'm just watching equipment and fault points from the country side in Canada.

Least that can be done is give him an extra five minutes to run. I'm not sure which one of the tweeters he or she is. But other anons have confirmed the back story.

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy&hl=en&prmdo=1&tbs=mbl:1&q=suez&aq=f...

The IRC channel/server was setup initially to attack Mastercard and others because the universe at large was treating Assange like a bag of dicks. So as Engineers we built it to offer a beat down on assholes pushing around one of our nerd herd. Engineering is a wonderful profession, we are paid to keep people safe. This is the only project that I've helped with I'll never be paid a dime, but it'll keep people safe, unfortunately from their own governments.

* flag as junk (0)

by CPL
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 22:43

Looks like the roiters have captured some of the soldiers and are dousing them with gas. Appearently shooting the civilians and bombing their homes has pissed them off. 100 crispy, side of fries with that. Civilians are doing some sort of pack hunting now. The media is reporting 10's dead. The anon in channel is counting around ten on the street he just passed...

I can't wait to read the spin on this.

* flag as junk (0)

by ebworthen
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 22:12

Cyberwarfare on the goon squad - I like it.

I would like to be clear if the riots in Tunisia and Egypt are from "normal" people wanting freedom versus Sharia looney tunes wanting Iran part deux; not very good reporting here in the U.S.

* flag as junk (0)

by CPL
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 22:30

The people that are going batshit, my understanding this is a solid 80+% of the population. The usual goon squad of Black Bloc assholes aren't present in this. These are people that are legitimate in their protests are getting clobbered by their own government. What set it off was a kids that just had it. Set himself on fire after his friend was beaten to death.

Then it went into the gutter.

* flag as junk (0)

by CPL
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 22:37

Asia is coming online...wow...europe anon will be online in a couple of hours. If anyone needs to make a call you might want to do it now. Things will be a little sticky tommorrow.

* flag as junk (0)

by Orly
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 22:40

So far it is isolated to Egypt?

What are the Yemenis doing? Detecting any other unrest?

* flag as junk (0)

by CPL
on Wed, 01/26/2011 - 22:50

Bulgaria is mentioned. Yemen...nope. But if the Muslim NYC goes up in smoke you can bet your ass this crap will be in Oman, then the US and England are up shit creek in about a day or two energy wise.

Ever watched Lawrence of Arabia? That's Oman and it is so important for OPEC it's insane. The house of Saud is the prinicipal holder of the fields, but the real king lives in Oman. Always has. It's one reason why when an American, or Canadian or anyone in the western world watches a piece of news about Saudi's it's always a Prince they talk to. The King of the entire line lives, starts and ends in Oman. The rest of the desert is just lines in the sand given after WW1.

* flag as junk (0)

by CPL
on Thu, 01/27/2011 - 00:15

Hell no it's midnight here and I have to get to bed.

This shit will come out in the wash tommorrow. I'm reporting third hand over an IRC channel with a guy flipping between twitter and IRC because the egyptians have turned off Twitter...then the anon goes hunting for a proxy in the channel to get his feed back up. Then gets shut down...twitter is LOUD as a medium but it's really an application on top of a protocol, like someone being polite in a conversation with tea. IRC is nerds pushing the most basic element of TCPIP communication protocols, in human terms the conversation it more like "tea?" "Fuck yeah!". It's Umberto Ecco versus Caveman grunts.

4chan has a thread going...couple of them it looks like nobody knows where our brave anon has gone. Leave it up to anonymous to keep a candle burning in the /int/ernational group even /b/tards are doing their best to keep the thread from 404.

Looking in the irc channel we're up to 340k worth of people loaning their computers to bully the government of egypt back and give the folks of the Suez that don't need to fight a chance to split before the thick of it happens.

* flag as junk (0)

chkolny541
01-27-2011, 04:04 AM
i wont be surprised really, 4chan has one some pretty incredible feats in the past

edit: cant even access the /int/ channel right now..odd..

broken_legs
01-27-2011, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541
i wont be surprised really, 4chan has one some pretty incredible feats in the past

edit: cant even access the /int/ channel right now..odd..

yes i tried to check the /int/ as well. Thought I was doing something wrong though?

edit:

I can't even get http://www.4chan.org/ up now

derpderp
01-27-2011, 04:39 AM
A bunch of script kiddies spamming Egyptian websites isn't really that much of a feat, aha now they can't get into their e-mail, their SOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked now.

spikerS
01-28-2011, 12:29 AM
i swear that CPL sounds just like ZenOps