PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1985 Subaru GL Wagon

Zero102
01-08-2004, 11:28 PM
I am selling my 1985 Subaru GL wagon, here is some info about it:

It has a 1.8L flat 4 engine, with 250,000km on it, I bought it in November of 2001, and it has served me well, started every day, even in the cold weather (although it was plugged in), and has had no serious mechanical problems since I bought it. The only reason it is for sale is earlier this year I acquired the car of my dreams, and can only afford to insure one car.

It is a 5 speed, and the gearbox still feels good, but there is slop in the shifter, due to a loose or improperly adjusted nut on the linkage, I have not had a chance to check out what the problem is, but it still works alright.

It was garage stored from April up until about a month ago, when I was forced to remove it from the garage, so my parents could park in it.
It has a new alternator, CV shafts, wheel bearings, brake calipers, rear brake cylinders, rear brake shoes, and a new muffler, and the battery is not very old.

It has a CD player in it, although it is nothing fancy.

The front tires are about 90%, they were changed in the winter, they replaced the old front tires, which are about 50%, the old front tires are sold with the car, on their own rims. The rear tires match the front tires that are not mounted on the car, and are also have about 50% tread remaining. So it comes with 6 tires, 4 of them on the car.

The car was last driven in August, when the steering rack failed on my 944 and I needed to get around. At this point, I noticed it was in need of a tune-up.

I should note that it is only front wheel drive, not all wheel drive, but it has absolutely no problem getting through anything. I have never gotten stuck in it, and it gets better mileage than if it had awd.

When I last drove the car, it was in good mechanical condition, and is driveable how it is now, and should pass a safety inspection.
As far as I can tell, it has never been crashed, and the body is straight, although there is a crack in the front bumper.

A common problem on subaru's of this era is that the front frame rails will rust through, as well as the rear suspension mounts. When I bought the car, I had the front frame rails repaired at a reputable body shop, and it is better than new. I also had the rear suspension mounts checked by them, and was told that they were in good condition.

I am asking $500, I am open to offers, but please be reasonable.

http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~rowatc/pics/subaru1.jpg
http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~rowatc/pics/subaru2.jpg

Zero102
01-11-2004, 12:42 AM
^^^^
Bump again, somebody make me an offer.

This thing is a great winter car.

Zero102
01-12-2004, 09:22 PM
^^^^^
Bump

I'm entertaining all offers, this car has to go.

calgarys13
01-12-2004, 09:44 PM
ur about a week late bro my dad just bought an ea81....got any pics of the engine??

Zero102
01-13-2004, 12:06 AM
Yep... Lemme dig them up, I think they are on this computer.

ea81?.. I think mine is an ea82, but I could be wrong, it has been a while since I looked under the hood.

Everything is pretty clean under the hood, intact and connected, plus it's got a full size tire under there =)

*edit*
Ok, found the pic, sorry for the color of it, I guess my hand was too close to the flash when I took the pic, I didn't know until just now.
Hopefully the file isn't too big for some of you to download.
http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~rowatc/pics/subaru3.jpg

Zero102
01-14-2004, 11:09 PM
^^^^^
bump