PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here do milling/machine work on metals/plastics? (i.e. CNC)

Disoblige
01-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Hey guys,

I'm looking to have a few pieces of copper bars milled to as low as 1/16" thickness, and machine work with G-10 grade Phenolic. The copper bars for example would be 1/16" thick roughly, 0.5" x 14" long approximately. Essentially, I will be building a rail gun (for a project) and these "rails" done. I can supply the material.

I have extra Phenolic too, as I know G-10 grade is quite hard and can be difficult to work with. So far, I've been looking at Aaron Machine Shop to do the job, but they haven't quoted me on the labor yet.

Further details can be discussed, just wanted to let you guys know the jist of what I need. Any experienced people on here or if you know of a place that can offer a decent deal for me, I would love to give you some business and would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Graham_A_M
01-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Pm Gretz here is his profile
http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=46651

He's frickin' wicked at what he does!

Or you can call Qsine. Their a shop that does incredible machine work. They have a decent assortment of equipment if Gretz can't do it for you.

Disoblige
01-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Thanks Graham, I was thinking about Gretz. Will PM him tomorrow. :)

And use Qsine as a back-up haha.

TomcoPDR
01-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Yea I've talked to Gretz a lot about projects, and he's the type that always willing to help someone out with their projects or at least give them a chance and listen/discuss.

M.alex
01-28-2011, 03:05 AM
Gretz is good and highly recommended, I use him a lot. But I think he just got married and is busy banging his new wife for a little while :nut:

I've sent Aaron Machining multiple requests for quotes and never heard anything back. Not too impressed with them.