PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new job...

method
01-09-2004, 12:38 AM
After a little over a month working at budget, I'm getting fed up with the management of their business. Looking to get out of the whole rental thing and into either a dealership or a parts/performance shop.

Too many highschool mechanics classes to list

Welding experience (mig, arc, oxy/acet)

Bodywork experience (several restorations: metal replacement,
painting, etc.)

Duties at budget include washing cars, detailing interiors, inspecting cars for damage, transferring cars around the city, preparing cars for customers, picking up/dropping off customers, etc.

if anyone knows of any lot attendant positions, general shop positions, maybe delivery positions? I'd like to get my foot in the door of the automotive industry, and a rental place is not doing it for me.

Gondi Stylez
01-09-2004, 01:04 AM
hey let me know some info on ur job now!! i mayb be intereted also depening on wage!! i can only wqork 3 times a week tho cuz i have full time school!! PM man! thanx!

AutodreamMarvin
01-09-2004, 01:36 AM
look in the paper to see who's hiring. you can even go to all the dealerships and apply there, they can always make room for someone with experience who has a good work ethic. lot attendant and detailing jobs are the easiest ones to get, just look at who's working there now, a bunch of lazy high school drop outs. detailing would get you in better though because they are for the most part controlled by service, unlike lot attendants controlled by the general manager. if you can get it good with the service manager, you can most definitely move up the ranks either to technician or service writer.

ninspeed
01-09-2004, 07:02 PM
jack carters looking for a detailer... resume ATTN: Rob Miller

method
01-09-2004, 09:07 PM
cool, thanks

rogue
01-09-2004, 10:58 PM
car sales not good now i heard on the radio. The Canadian market exhausted their client base with so many incentives that the average Canadian now has a car no older then 4 yrs old. haha i dont see that on the streets but that is from some survey.

sexualbanana
01-11-2004, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by rogue
car sales not good now i heard on the radio. The Canadian market exhausted their client base with so many incentives that the average Canadian now has a car no older then 4 yrs old. haha i dont see that on the streets but that is from some survey.

Statistical analysis can always be worded to reflect a certain opinion though. Our stats prof showed us that in class.