PDA

View Full Version : Need decent, affordable ticket defense.

ekguy
01-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Got a small ticket last night, but this puts me at three so I would rather fight this one and not take the insurance hit.

Any suggestions.

G-ZUS
01-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Do it yourself?

ekguy
01-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Would rather not.

How expensive and good is pointss?

revelations
01-29-2011, 12:37 PM
^ have you done a Beyond search yet? This has been brought up dozens of times.

Yes, sometimes (perhaps in yours) its better to fight the ticket whatever way you can due to points and insurance issues.

But as far as how to proceed, if youre over 25 you should be able to man up and go into the traffic court room and present your case.

2.2vtec
01-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Nadaeu and Associates in the NE fairly cheap and they do a good job. I probably have the spelling wrong.

40 bucks i think

sabad66
01-29-2011, 12:47 PM
www.fightthatticket.com

rob the knob
01-29-2011, 02:48 PM
use at own risk

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/278092/brad-lawson-blaw-traffic-tickets-scam/

Graham_A_M
01-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by sabad66
www.fightthatticket.com

^These guys. Dennis is awesome. What ever you do dont go to Points.

And no, fighting a ticket yourself no longer works. I spent a whole afternoon waiting to be "heard" only to end up with $20 taken off my ticket, along with all the demerits untouched. (Are you fucking serious?)
After booking a day off work to be at court, somehow that didn't exactly pan out. :(

ekguy
01-30-2011, 01:52 AM
I've gotten two people say Nadeau and I remember them fixing one for me a while back so going with them again. Thanks guys.

PremiumRSX
01-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

And no, fighting a ticket yourself no longer works. I spent a whole afternoon waiting to be "heard" only to end up with $20 taken off my ticket, along with all the demerits untouched. (Are you fucking serious?)
After booking a day off work to be at court, somehow that didn't exactly pan out. :(

I was just in traffic court a couple weeks ago fighting my first ticket.

The whole trial took 2 hours or so and I ended up winning. :dunno:

I should've won regardless though since I was not in the wrong.

ekguy
01-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

exactly why i want to get someone else to do it.

ITR_typeR
01-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
Nadaeu and Associates in the NE fairly cheap and they do a good job. I probably have the spelling wrong.

40 bucks i think
+1 nadeau is awesome!!!

sr20s14zenki
01-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Yep, Nadeau is awesome, but just so you know, they dont reduce demerits to zero anymore. You may get a reduction in the fine but you will be stuck with the demerits most likely, unless somehow he can prove without a shadow of a doubt the cop was wrong in giving you the ticket, and then no ticket ;)

2.2vtec
01-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Yep, Nadeau is awesome, but just so you know, they dont reduce demerits to zero anymore. You may get a reduction in the fine but you will be stuck with the demerits most likely, unless somehow he can prove without a shadow of a doubt the cop was wrong in giving you the ticket, and then no ticket ;)

He just fought a speeding ticket for me going 20 over and he got me zero points off but have to pay the fine.

Graham_A_M
01-30-2011, 08:40 PM
^ Thats about what Dennis typically does.

Originally posted by PremiumRSX

I was just in traffic court a couple weeks ago fighting my first ticket.

The whole trial took 2 hours or so and I ended up winning. :dunno:

I should've won regardless though since I was not in the wrong.

Interesting, you must have had a very different judge. Back in the day results like what you had were typical, but since they revised it a couple years ago, what you experienced is definitely not the norm.

Anomaly
01-31-2011, 09:40 AM
When I was 17 I had a mandatory court appearance for a big speeding ticket and used Points. Cost me ~$400 and I was quite happy with there services.

ekguy
01-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Yeah I will get what I can. It was stupid. I spun my tires in snow and got a stunting ticket. I am fighting this for god damned sure. I've paid every ticket I've gotten that I knew I deserved but this one is ridiculous. Not fooling around, not doing donuts, not drifting...My tires spun in snow and I got a stunting ticket.

mr2mike
01-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by rob the knob
use at own risk

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/278092/brad-lawson-blaw-traffic-tickets-scam/
LOL

Use Brad Lawson and you might as well tip the Justice of the peace $20-$40 when you pay your full fine.

Blaw / Brad Lawson will just take your money.

desi112
02-01-2011, 02:32 PM
First step visit Nadeu.

Second step learn how to drive.